How to raise Dolphin Kids? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to raise Dolphin Kids?

AlanSaysYo said:
I must be the only one who found that disgusting.

prolly, my sons first words were not mommie or dada it was "touchdown" with both little arms up givin' the signal all dressed as a little Dolphin fan.

arsenal said:
haha very true i hvae a stepdaughter but shes now the biggest dolphins fan ever, shes 5 and if she sees anyone with dolphins gear on she bugs out, haha

Does anyone else have a daughter like this? I am kinda lookin for one of these types that is around the age of 21..... :wink:

Living in Jet country I told my son the Jets were evil and the bills are losers. I also make sure he has plenty of dolphin wardrobe to wear. So far it worked. I have to be a litle careful in describing the pats because one of Dan Kleckos sisters is in the same grade as my son at his school. As for my daughter she has her little dolphin cheerleader out fit to wear. So far so good.

My 2 year old son's first words were
1. Dada
2. Moma
3. Go dolphins (I kid you not)

He now knows the fight song (no matter how lame), and can identify ZT and JT and thinks that any football player college or pro is the dolphins. I am not teaching the hatred of rivals yet but I will when the time becomes right. When the dolphins score he gets up and does a dance. I can not wait to take him to his first game its going to be AWSOME!!!!!! Kepp up the good work. I hope to watch my son in a phins jersey some day.. a fathers dream come true!!!

One of my son's first words was also "Touchdown" with the arms in the air signal. He's just about to turn 2. We've watched football before, but he wasn't quite coherent enough to actually sit and watch. Now, he sits with me all the time when I'm watching the NFL network. :)

You have to find the todler Marino jersey. I got my daughter one. It was hard as hell to find. I found it a sears of all places. She wear it every game day. I took my daughter to the bar in her snugglie to watch opening day Titans vs Fins. Damn fins lost but it was a great day.

Congrats on your daughter.

My nephew's like my little brother and I taught him that Marino is God at a very early age. I still remember watching the Seattle playoff game with him in Marino's last season (he was only two years old). He got so pumped and watched the entire game intently. I also got him his very own dolphin uniform complete with number 13 on the back of the jersey. The best way to make sure they turn out as Dolfans is just with gifts and watching the games with em.

Amars said:
You have to find the todler Marino jersey. I got my daughter one. It was hard as hell to find. I found it a sears of all places. She wear it every game day. I took my daughter to the bar in her snugglie to watch opening day Titans vs Fins. Damn fins lost but it was a great day.

Congrats on your daughter.

How'd you get to watch that game? I thought it wasn't televised outside Florida/Tennessee.

i'm only 15 so dont take me too seriously, but my parents wanted me to be a WBA fan (English Soccer team) but because they stuffed it in my face so much, i hate them and they make me sick

DolfanTom said:
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

It sounds like you are doing just fine. Oh and congrads...on your new addition...Go Fins!!!

DolfanTom said:
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

I've converted my entire immediate family into Dolphins fans. My advice for you with the new kid.....

Make her love everything about you. Involve her in anything you do that she wants to be a part of. That way as she develops and loves you, she also loves all that you do. My little guy in the pics below for example has gone to FB practice with me since he was 3 years old. He's been a ball boy on and off since that time. As an 8 year old last year he knew more about football than just about any kid on the team. He also had smashing success. As a 7 year old he went both ways and was the best DT / FB in the league...but didnt have amazing stats. This past year, He was the best FB again in the league and had over 1,000 yards rushing, 12 TD's, and a bunch of PAT runs for the score. If your kids love you they will want to be around you. If you love the Fins, and let them enjoy that with you...they will follow and that will always be something special that you share.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I've converted my entire immediate family into Dolphins fans. My advice for you with the new kid.....

Make her love everything about you. Involve her in anything you do that she wants to be a part of. That way as she develops and loves you, she also loves all that you do. My little guy in the pics below for example has gone to FB practice with me since he was 3 years old. He's been a ball boy on and off since that time. As an 8 year old last year he knew more about football than just about any kid on the team. He also had smashing success. As a 7 year old he went both ways and was the best DT / FB in the league...but didnt have amazing stats. This past year, He was the best FB again in the league and had over 1,000 yards rushing, 12 TD's, and a bunch of PAT runs for the score. If your kids love you they will want to be around you. If you love the Fins, and let them enjoy that with you...they will follow and that will always be something special that yuou share.

Dance puppet...DANCE! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom