How to raise Dolphin Kids? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to raise Dolphin Kids?

miami_mi said:
Congrats man! I'm having a girl as well in August, already going to buy her a pink dolphin outfit to put on her! Do you mind if I borrow your anologies as I teach my baby the ways of the AFC east?

You are more than welcome to pass on this bit of wisdom! :lol:

PM me in 16 years and we'll introduce my two boys to her...

They've grown up in Miami Dolphins jerseys, romper suits, jogging suits, coats and jerseys and coats are all they see their dad in. They have Dolphins logo'd footballs and my 3 year old is getting quite an arm. I painted their room with Fins colours and free handed the logo on the walls, there's a Marino commemorative paque and a Chambers photo...

They have every chance to follow the course of light - but if they in the end choose the Bengals, I will not be upset.

(My father-in-law came with me to watch his first game, Fins V Broncos in which Fiedler pulled a second half recovery (well the defense/ST won it really) He went home, saw Favre play and became a Packers fan. Fiedler types 'll ruin any hope you have of bringing them up the right way - bring me a franchise QB for the next 17 years, before they reach school age)!!

:roflmao: :cooldude:

DreamWeaver said:
Great avatar & thread Tom...I just found out that I'm gonna be a Dad! Its funny that this was one of the first things I thought about...My wife just rolled her eyes. She is gonna be in big trouble once baby can yell at the tv on Sundays like daddy!:D

I think I talked about this with my wife shortly after our second date or something like that - years before the kid. The compromise is we have to raise her as a Red Sox fan (I like the Mets). However, she's been watching Mets games with me so far, so we'll see how it goes. But the Dolphins are non-negotiable!!! My Steeler-fan friend keeps showing her his Steeler hat, but I warn him that his three-year-old is fair Dolphin game if he keeps it up! :fire:

dolfan87 said:
Nope, the wife is a Phins fan for sure! His favorite color is yellow, and I think at his age that plays a lot into it. However things like this start small and grow from there.

The thing is, my favorite NFC team is the Packers, but they come in a distant second to the Phins.

Check if the mailman is a packer fan :lol:

:jk:

Justasportsfan said:
Might as well tape a cell phone around her head. Your fight song can cause just as much brain damage :D.

BTW, congrats!

Thanks for the congrats, but if my daughter turns out to be a Bills fan, it will be a clear sign that I have crossed God and I am doomed to hell! :lol: However, I suppose this would make for interesting Sundays, and a fun trip to Buffalo each season.

DolfanTom said:
Thanks for the congrats, but if my daughter turns out to be a Bills fan, it will be a clear sign that I have crossed God and I am doomed to hell! :lol: However, I suppose this would make for interesting Sundays, and a fun trip to Buffalo each season.
heaven is a PAts fan , haven't you heard :(

If she became a bills fan she'd have a higher wonderlic score than you by the time she turns 4 . :D

I have two kids one boy and a baby girl, both are fin fans. I just taught my son the name of the players and watch football with him, took him to a game, but like my other said buy them dolphins stuff. they'll be hooked for life. Congrats to all of you that just had or going to have a new baby. My youngest will turn one next month.

DolfanTom said:
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

I like your style:cooldude:

DolfanTom said:
Wife and I just had our first child - a daughter - about four months ago. God willing, another will follow sometime in the next two years. Bleeding aqua and orange myself, I want to raise my daughter and any potential future children as good Dolphin citizens.

So far, I've tried to describe the AFC East foes like this, in terms she may understand: Patriots are wet diapers with a little poop (I told her this while watching the AFC title game). Bills are poopy diapers that fill the whole diaper, with slight spillage on the leg. Jets are those messy poopy diapers that spill outside the diaper, onto the onesie and all over the changing table, requireing immediate washing of everything involved, and the lysol spray-down of the entire room! In case you're curious, the rest of the NFL teams are just wet diapers.

Anyways, how have the rest of you raised your children to be the best Dolphin fans they can be? Thanks!

I have picks of me and my son some 17 years ago and I made a napkin with a fin logo on it and it said Dolphins #1 fan!! He's a 49ers fan now. I wanted him to be a fin fan but I also wanted him to choose his team on his own and not because I love them. My thinking was he would love his team more if he picked them and not just because I loved them. Ironic how we had the #1 and #2 overall picks this year. My son plays MLB on his HS varsity team. He's a JR and loves...absolutely loves playing football. He's very smart and easy to talk to. We talked last night about the draft and he's happy with A.Smith.

As for you analogy of the AFC east I agree 100%. We are the clean dry diaper, and everyone else is full of crap!! Thanks for the laugh.

is that her in ur avatar? she is cute...anyway good luck...My Dad is a giant fan and whole family is giants or jets...i decided to root for a winner...thats why im a dolphin fan

i am a huge dolphin fan (have the license plate, even here in texas), stickers, clothing, everything....

i have a new son, named him Jett. (unrelated to the jets).

the problem is, having a son named Jett that is a Dolphin fan, LoL... but i am giving him a great head start... already got pictures of him in his dolphins onesie, got him a Marino jersey and fins cap, and he likes it. we should do a thread on dolphin baby pics!

the best is the burp cloth i got... its a custom one that says "Dolphins" then it has a football, then it says "Jett" .... LoL.

something I'm very proud of: My daughter (first child) is 21 months old now. She can now sing 4 songs as her vocabulary expands. ABC's (about 2/3 of the letters), damn Barney theme song, twinkle-twinkle little star, and the MIAMI DOLPHINS SONG! Makes me so proud, I could cry.

Ohio Fanatic said:
something I'm very proud of: My daughter (first child) is 21 months old now. She can now sing 4 songs as her vocabulary expands. ABC's (about 2/3 of the letters), damn Barney theme song, twinkle-twinkle little star, and the MIAMI DOLPHINS SONG! Makes me so proud, I could cry.

Hopin' I can say the same in a couple years. That's the goal!!

DolfanTom said:
Hopin' I can say the same in a couple years. That's the goal!!

Good luck, you're on the right path. Just don't want to force it down their throats so that they get turned off from football altogether.

Back
Top Bottom