How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins

dolphan8055

Team Talent Evaluator
Reaction score
Hello all i am on a vigourous workout plan that will last for two more years i want to get into 100 percent tip top shape and i am only 21 i would liek to know if anyone has any information on how to accomplish to get a tryout with the Miami dolphins or an NFL team i have googled it a million times and cannot find anything even remotely close to help me. Nublar i hope you have something...:dolphins:

Sorry I can't help you out, but what I can help you with is how to sit on the couch and eat chips and drink beer and WATCH the dolphins play! Good luck to you. I think if you are good enough, a team will find you.

well thats teh thing i dont know...I have a tariner that specializes in football i only played highschool but am 6'1 380 pounds and am very evry strong i give myself 2 more years of strenth straining and then try to get a shot but i dont know any routes to take to get the tryouts going.but for those of you who are rooting for me if i make it ill get you guys tickets lol

dolphan8055 said:
Hello all i am on a vigourous workout plan that will last for two more years i want to get into 100 percent tip top shape and i am only 21 i would liek to know if anyone has any information on how to accomplish to get a tryout with the Miami dolphins or an NFL team i have googled it a million times and cannot find anything even remotely close to help me. Nublar i hope you have something...:dolphins:

I think you are better off trying to walk onto a college team first. I'm pretty sure its near impossible to just "walk on" to a proffesional team.

Get into a college (junior, full, whatever) play lights out and then declare for the draft. Unless you have tape of you being very athletic then you really have no chance.

If you dont play in college its rare to get to the NFL. Notable exceptions are Antonio Gates(saban wanted him to switch to football/ had basketball tape), Stephen neal (Was a Wrestler)

The dolphins have to extend you an invitation. So if your could some how become chummy with the staff that would help.

The biggest thing is to hire an agent to get the word out and give out some tapes.

football is too competitive...baseball has many instances of walk-ons because they have a huge minor league system. even bball players have minor league type senerios. you should be tryin maybe for an arena football team or something not as impossible as the nfl. the best of the best in college play nfl football.

Have you tried calling Miami Dolphins Headquarters? Does your trainer know since he is specializes in football?

Maybe someone else can help...but I remeber reading that Bernie Parmalie was delivering for UPS, then a few months later was on the Dolphins roster....(I have no valid facts here)....but, I heard that he went to a Dolphins open try out many years ago and thats how he landed on the fins. Can anyone validate this?!!!
clear.gif

capecoralfinfan said:
football is too competitive...baseball has many instances of walk-ons because they have a huge minor league system. even bball players have minor league type senerios. you should be tryin maybe for an arena football team or something not as impossible as the nfl. the best of the best in college play nfl football.

:yeahthat:

I'm pretty sure that they do have open tryouts.
You should write to somebody at Dolphins HQ....

Back
Top Bottom