How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins

Csonkanator said:
Eric Swann, who was a Pro Bowl D-Lineman for the Cardinals in the late 90's was a piano mover, and the Cardinals owner used him and loved his size, so he gave him a tryout and then signed him...If i can remember right, he didn't go to college, but i may be wrong....but he turned out to be a hell of a D-lineman....so i think it's possible, but semi-pro wouldn't hurt....

I thought Swann was drafted in the top ten of the draft.

Ronski_doodle said:
# 1 ask your old high school coach to reccomend you to a coach he is friends with, you need experience and you may have all you college eligability left. Call the U.
#2 if you are out of eligability for college, I would call Drew Rosenhaus(probably can google him and get his office #).If you have skills he will make time for you.
#3 I would practice long snapping, all day everyday.

Good luck, I am pulling for you.

That's good.. :sidelol:

Call the U? As in, the Univ of Miami? FLMAO... :sidelol: They are a TOP team....a quasi-NFL team almost (as are the other power-house colleges). He's got to look into smaller schools to be realistic, then MAYBE transfer to a big school. Remember how Rudy had to go to a junior college first, then to Notre Dame... Kinda like that....

Call Drew Rosenhaus??? FLMAO... :sidelol: He's a TOP-3 NFL agent.....I don't like him, but he's probably harder to get ahold of than God (unless you recently made an NFL Pro-Bowl). Heck, even Brett Tessler recently said that if someone contact him, they're not worth his time (Brett goes after THEM).

Practice long-snapping??? FLMAO... :sidelol: A near-400 pound long-snapper.... :sidelol: That's classic to picture that!

Mile High Fin said:
You probably just answered your own questions.
Here's my guess as to the actual answers:

How strong?
Not very (by NFL standards)

Waiting 2 whole years?
To get stronger (by NFL standards)
He said very strong though. The reason I ask is because (and I'm not sure if anyone else remembers this) Manuel Wright only got 225 up 16 times on his bench before Miami got him. I got that 2 months ago at 200ish pounds. At 380 if he's "very strong", he could be as ready (strength-wise) as he needs to be.

I'm pretty sure they can work you out.You might need a agent though.Or stalk Saban and ask for a try out :p

Brown42000 said:
Michael Lewis of the Saints was a beer truck driver and the next week was returning kickoffs, he made the Pro Bowl that year too. Yeah there are tryouts but not sure if every team holds them but with you being 6'1 380 pounds it won't be too difficult making an NFL roster.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

"Not too difficult making an NFL roster" :sidelol:

I don't know where to even begin with that statement.... :sidelol:

PaleAle Express said:
I thought Swann was drafted in the top ten of the draft.

I saw a thing on ESPN years ago about him...how he was basically homeless....unless they've been lying to me all these years...but i'm pretty sure he wasn't...i'll check though..

now i'm gonna wreck my brain trying to remember who that story was on....it was a cardinal...oh man i feel ******ed, sorry "socially unacceptable", right now....

Mile High Fin said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

"Not too difficult making an NFL roster" :sidelol:

I don't know where to even begin with that statement.... :sidelol:
I'm with you on that.

Eric Swann didn't play any college ball but, he did play semi-pro football.

There's no reason why this guy shouldn't be given a shot. Its kinda immature to make fun of him for it. I wish you the best of luck man....just keep working hard and you never know.

Just do us all a favor. If you ever do make the phins roster don't be holding out for more money or anything like that! haha.

Otherwise, I agree with the guys who recommended semi-pro ball. My father actually played semi-pro for a few years a while ago and he really loved it. There are always NFL scouts checking out the games and they invite people to tryouts.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom