How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

Given how interior pressure busted up our offense last year, was really hoping to grab a stud interior OL. However, edge and OT are premium positions, so it's hard to be too critical of the strategy. Hopefully, the players we selected will work out. Anyone know if Chop can slide inside or is he strictly edge?

We will make the playoffs and get embarrassed in the WC Round again bc our team has about 22 NFL players on the entire roster, bc we've ****ed off all our draft picks the last 3 years.

destroy that 70s show GIF by Laff
I don't see them making the playoffs at all. I hope I'm wrong, but this team is devoid of star impact players on defense w/the exception of Ramsey and special teams is a joke. They have a few special players on offense in Hill, Waddle, Achane, and Armstead. That's just not enough.

Grier always leaves us scratching our ****ing heads wondering why in the **** he made certain picks... unreal man
I think it's pretty obvious he was thinking positional value, possible ceiling and looking beyond this year.

You may disagree with the thought process for this year, but it isn't really a mystery.

I don't see them making the playoffs at all. I hope I'm wrong, but this team is devoid of star impact players on defense w/the exception of Ramsey and special teams is a joke. They have a few special players on offense in Hill, Waddle, Achane, and Armstead. That's just not enough.
Naw well make the playoffs the offense is too good not too.

Fixed my hangover from watching Kings get stomped into the dirt last night. Hit Home Depot for some yard supplies, came home and turned on the draft to see Miami draft an RB, hit the gym for a nice 1.5hr chest/back shred, now grabbing a beer to watch Miami pick a S or WR. Good goddam day so far!

I can see what they are trying to accomplish, which makes me happier. It is an odd feeling..

My main issue is I don’t see the need to swing for the fences when good players were sitting right there. Mitchell (22nd), Thomas (23rd), Morgan (24th) and Barton (25th) were all available and went in succession right after we picked. We are going to need to replace Armstead, Hill, Ramsey and Fuller in the next year or two. It seemed like an excellent chance to draft that guy.

I feel like drafting Robinson is basically admitting drafting Phillips and trading for Chubb has not worked out as planned and we need another EDGE player. We didn’t draft him because they are recovering from injury. We drafted him to replace Chubb (at some point).

Trying to trade back into the 1st is wild to me. The move screams that Grier and McDaniel were not on the same page with Robinson and one of them was pounding the table for another guy.

Ill admit I never even heard of Chop Robinson until looking at draft prospects at end of season. Being from the south I'm all SEC. Of course watching Verse terrorize LSU and all the rest of the teams I was hoping for Verse, or like many of you OL help. For years we have all been pounding the table for OL help to no avail. Which brings me to Grier's comment in previous pc, "you guys(media and fans) are more worried about OL than I am". I realize the draft isn't over, Free Agency isn't over either, but come on Armstead is always injured and most likely in he last year, same can be said for Wynn, Lamm, Eich well he's just terrible. Can we rely on Robert Jones, Lester Cotton, Eichanberg to man the inside? My point being is our OL backups haven't progressed as fast as many of us would like.

As far as Grier goes I have a new nickname for him, "Reacher". He reached for Tindall 2 years ago, he reached for Cam Smith last year. Did he reach for Chop? I'm willing to wait until he plays meaningful snaps to make that judgement.

As far as today is concerned its a long wait from pick 55 to the 5th round. We have to try and acquire more picks
its only a reach when the pick doesnt pan out, if it does work out then it was a good pick or a steal

They still haven't plugged the most serious hole left on the team: IOL. We're going to get a bandaid player and end up with Eichenberg starting in December again, and I'm sick of watching him get blown up repeatedly and the offense falter because of it. I don't have any faith that Wynn will stay healthy, either.

This is a damned disaster because they're trying to fix the biggest problem with a goddamned bandaid.

They still haven't plugged the most serious hole left on the team: IOL. We're going to get a bandaid player and end up with Eichenberg starting in December again, and I'm sick of watching him get blown up repeatedly and the offense falter because of it. I don't have any faith that Wynn will stay healthy, either.

This is a damned disaster because they're trying to fix the biggest problem with a goddamned bandaid.

There will be lots of FA's available and we'll probably get a good guard there so no worries

There will be lots of FA's available and we'll probably get a good guard there so no worries

Like who? Serious question. I don't see any decent FA guards out there that haven't been picked up already. There's a shortage of OL talent out there already.

Like who? Serious question. I don't see any decent FA guards out there that haven't been picked up already. There's a shortage of OL talent out there already.

I have no idea but lots of players will be cut to make way for the new draftees and I am sure a few good guards will be available

Remember on June 1st we'll have the X money to spend on one

Back
Top Bottom