How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

For all the doomers who said ‘everybody ranked him as a fourth round pick’

Attachments

• IMG_3898.png
    IMG_3898.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
Um, I'm feeling ok. For the first time in a long time I didn't pay attention to the draft at all. These seem like guys with some strong skill set, athleticism, and in positions of need. All with room to be coached.

Curious how this ends up, but I think we'll see both a fair amount this season for better or for worse

It's Saturday morning, and we drafted Paul. Yesterday, I was feeling groovy, today I am feeling...

DY-NO-MITE!

After allowing the "dust to settle", both picks look to be good raw talent that are not "NFL ready", but will be assets in the years to come. These were picks for 2025 and beyond. The Chopper will be forced to try and grow up quickly due to the injuries. Though fans don't want to hear it, what I think it tells us is that management understands that this is a "throwaway year" to grow. Barring a miracle, the Fins will not be competing for a Super Bowl in 2024...just too many holes that are plugged with average NFL talent. Last year was their window. It was gift wrapped on a silver platter, but they couldn't get it done due to numerous reasons that have been hashed and rehashed. I look to 2026 as the next window as they will have a host of picks in 2025, and by 2026 hopefully the 2024 and 2025 picks will be "NFL ready".

While I didn't agree with the Paul pick. I do admire that with both Chop and Paul we really gambled. That's not something our team is adverse to doing

After allowing the "dust to settle", both picks look to be good raw talent that are not "NFL ready", but will be assets in the years to come. These were picks for 2025 and beyond. The Chopper will be forced to try and grow up quickly due to the injuries. Though fans don't want to hear it, what I think it tells us is that management understands that this is a "throwaway year" to grow. Barring a miracle, the Fins will not be competing for a Super Bowl in 2024...just too many holes that are plugged with average NFL talent. Last year was their window. It was gift wrapped on a silver platter, but they couldn't get it done due to numerous reasons that have been hashed and rehashed. I look to 2026 as the next window as they will have a host of picks in 2025, and by 2026 hopefully the 2024 and 2025 picks will be "NFL ready".
I’m at the point that any defensive assistant that served Baltimore has to be a quality asset
They’ve been masters at the defensive game for years
I think Chop will be effective right out of the gate with out our DC
Maybe not all-pro but effective

While I didn't agree with the Paul pick. I do admire that with both Chop and Paul we really gambled. That's not something our team is adverse to doing
Bit of risk reward....for sure. But Paul will have an opportunity to get some high level coaching from Armstead which I think is a great opportunity for the kid

Anybody else hate the draft coverage? I’m just going to follow the remainder of the draft on my phone. I wish there was something similar to the Manning Cast for the draft.

Anybody else hate the draft coverage? I’m just going to follow the remainder of the draft on my phone. I wish there was something similar to the Manning Cast for the draft.
Been on the go brother so I haven't had the chance to watch and work 2nd shift. Are you referring to ESPN, NFL network or both? :ffic:

I hate the pick for out first round. Players for the o line were there for the taking and now we will lose out on them. Order should have been o line and then DE... but of course Grier is a ****ing idiot and just refuses to believe we have an o line problem.
My take is that we have starters at OT. The value of selecting one of those guys in the first and having them sit a year vs a starting need player, plus a possible Chubb replacement is a better value.

Back
Top Bottom