how will aj feeley do this season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how will aj feeley do this season?

thenicksabanera said:
i was wonder dolphins fan how do you think aj feeley will do with the new system scott leinhan has and saban?

Gus will be the starter

and if Feeley somehow manages to be the starter he will suck, as usual

Oh a fan of AJ's:shakeno: Did you not see any of the last 5-7 games? AJ has a better than average arm, and did throw the ball well when he had time.If you don't like him don't beat around the bush Merlin, just come out and say it my man.And if you don't think Aj has a strong arm your wrong!!!:tongue:
merlin00069 said:
And you think this is AJ's strength why? All the downfield throwing he did last year i suppose which was...almost none. I know he didnt get the chance to because of the sorry o-line/bad coaching etcc..but.....dont say it's a strength if the guy has done it but a few times, and it not working often. AJ has average arm strength and panics wayyy to much in the pocket regadless of anything to "throw the ball downfiled" as you put it(good enough but not great).That being said i think AJ will have a better year than last year....something like 2500 yards passing..15-20 td's but over 20 int's. He'll improve...and then Saban will cut him. Just my opinion of whats to come. Nothing to worry about though guys...we'll either have Rodgers or Smith in the wings waiting. :D Lets hope anyway. Cheers.

Doktor Ivel said:
i dont think he'll start

Whos gonna start then?.... FEELEY! he is developing well. miami should pick up a RB in the 1st/2nd round and focus more on the use of the run next year.

you have spelt your screen name wrong. its Doctor Evil
When are you goig to stop changing your signature? you change it almost twice a day!

He'll display below average awareness and throw mindless line drives

That's A.J. Feeley. It's not going to change significantly, if at all. The occasional "wow, what an arm!" play surrounded by too many plays where he throws with one velocity and one trajectory.

Awsi Dooger said:
That's A.J. Feeley. It's not going to change significantly, if at all. The occasional "wow, what an arm!" play surrounded by too many plays where he throws with one velocity and one trajectory.

That's what playing time and experiencing brings you, more awareness. He will still throw some balls like that but he will also eventually cut the number of throws like that down and the number of good ones up. Peyton Manning didn't do to well in his first season neither did Drew Brees but the Chargers and Colts both stuck through it and they came out with arguably one of the all time best QB's and the chargers with a pro bowler.

I think Feeley is really a question mark. He was basically thrown to the wolfs last year w/a horrific offense line and a suspect running game. He appeared to do well when he had time to throw but not while under constant pressure, which happened often.

If Linehan and Saban can design an offensive scheme that will play to his strenghs (along w/a good running game) he should do fine and have success.

If the same thing occurs from last year, prepare to run his *** out of town!

(surprisingly a Bills fan has more optimism than most Fin fans here regarding Feeley)

How will AJ do? 4500 yds, 52 tds, 1 int. Yep, that is a factual prediction cause I said so, yep. :wink:

Phin19 said:
Gus will be the starter

and if Feeley somehow manages to be the starter he will suck, as usual

Ok Mr fact boy. Frerrotte WONT start, see I can do it to.

so-long-Ricky said:
I think Feeley is really a question mark. He was basically thrown to the wolfs last year w/a horrific offense line and a suspect running game. He appeared to do well when he had time to throw but not while under constant pressure, which happened often.

If Linehan and Saban can design an offensive scheme that will play to his strenghs (along w/a good running game) he should do fine and have success.

If the same thing occurs from last year, prepare to run his *** out of town!

(surprisingly a Bills fan has more optimism than most Fin fans here regarding Feeley)

Well the line wasn't as much a problem as coaching and moral, when Ricky quit everyone quit. With Ricky being the engine behind the O and the only engine behind the O thanks to DW, they had a breakdown in confidence...I'm taliking about the line. When DW tried to run the same O without the same parts the results were less then productive. We will be starting a new season with a much better attitude and coaching we may not go deep into the playoffs but we will be a much improved team in both talent and game planning. AJ is good enough to be a starter will he be a Tom Brady? I doubt it seriously will he be Ryan leaf? I doubt that seriously too. He has the tools we will see if he can play on a team thts well prepared every week. If he can't Saban will have someone in the lineup who can. If I had a guess, I'd say Feeley will play well not great, and not poor. If he plays well he will be a good QB for us for some time to come if he plays poor he will be shown the exit by Saban.

I think Feeley is easily capable of Marc Bulger type #'s this year. I say this because I think he can have alot of success in this offense, all while still making alot of mistakes. Something like 28 Tds / 21 Ints

thenicksabanera said:
i was wonder dolphins fan how do you think aj feeley will do with the new system scott leinhan has and saban?
He will do wonderful; warming the bench for Alex Smith.
:roflmao:

Fins 34 said:
He will do wonderful; warming the bench for Alex Smith.
:roflmao:

Exactly!!

Feeley wont be anything other than an average QB. We need to have a great QB, I dont want a QB that was stuck playing behind Detmer and McNabb. I want a QB that is better than McNabb. I dont think we need a Payton Manning, it wouldnt hurt but we dont have to have one. AJ is too much of a questionmark, nothing to base him on in college, nothing to base him on in the pro's. All we have is what we saw last year, and we all know how that went.

With a dominate running game any QB can be great.

Feeleys' progression will directly improve with the Fins running game.

NorFlaFin said:
With a dominate running game any QB can be great.

Feeleys' progression will directly improve with the Fins running game.

Fiedler the Great!!!

I would put an ALMOST before that any.

Back
Top Bottom