How Would You Change Things From Top To Bottom? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would You Change Things From Top To Bottom?

The real change that needs to happen is Ross needs to commit to not being involved beyond choosing the guys to make decisions. The owner is ultimately making a football decisions, but he should be looking at guys around the league who have retired or are doing work outside of a specific team (TV, Consulting, etc) to come in and control the football side of things like hiring a GM and the GM hiring a coach instead of this loosey goosey "we make decisions together" kumbaya crap

The real change that needs to happen is Ross needs to commit to not being involved beyond choosing the guys to make decisions. The owner is ultimately making a football decisions, but he should be looking at guys around the league who have retired or are doing work outside of a specific team (TV, Consulting, etc) to come in and control the football side of things like hiring a GM and the GM hiring a coach instead of this loosey goosey "we make decisions together" kumbaya crap

Exactly! There needs to be one voice in the front office and that person responsible for hiring a head coach, scouting department, free agent signings, players contracts, and drafting players. That person needs to bring his vision on how to run the team and he needs to hire people who share his vision. No more force marriages with people that have different philosophies. A complete culture change needs to happen with this organization.

Last edited:
1) Get rid of older assets for draft picks

2) Get rid of Tannehill’s contract after the season

3) Evaluate Gase after the season

4) Begin searching for the QB of the future

This would be my plan. I would start trading players for picks now. Even though Parker looked good last night I would trade him. Last nights performance might have increased his value a little. Wake and Jones would be on the trade block too because I like them enough to not waste anymore of their time. Trade Tammehill too. Then I would fire everyone in the FO, Gase and all coaches except for Rizzi. I like the fire Rizzi has. I would bring in Peyton Manning for the GM and try to get Harbaugh for HC.

Owner - Dan the man

GM - Peyton Manning

HC - Adam Gase

Draft - Grier

1.) Demote/Fire Burke.

2.) Hire Del Rio to run the defense.

3.) Drake gets the lions share of the snap (65/35).

4.) Select a DT in the 1st round, or CB if the top two DT's are gone.

5.) Package Parker and Wake to Philly for their 1st rounder in 2020.

6.) Our 1st and the Eagles 1st to move up and select either Bama or Clemson' QB.

Find a QB who can kill you with his arm or his legs. Send Burke packing. Find some interior o-linemen and get that mess shored up once and for all. Find some physical players for the defensive side of the ball (guys who can run and hit). Get a shut down CB opposite of Howard.

Branch,Alonso,Tannehide,Quinn,Sitton,Stills and Jones can all go next year.Either through cuts or trades.

So kind of like how Parcells was with Sparano and Coughlin is in Jacksonville? That would prob be a good idea.

Those guys improved the teams, but what exactly have they accomplished? Miami had one playoff season due to 1 factor, and 1 factor only...Chad Pennington fell in our laps. And the Jags are now in the same QB mess we are, they arent winning any superbowls anytime soon.

I agree with you if we had someone more competent than Tbaum I would be all for it. But that also means a new GM, new Coach, Getting rid of all good players for picks, and starting ANOTHER 5 yr plan. Not to mention there are no good QBs available in next years draft either.

In an ideal world, we find a VP that actually knows football and likes Gase. We get rid of Tbaum, possibly Grier, and Burke. Once we have someone competent running the offseason and FA, we have a shot at improving. And I would be fine giving someone more power over Gase than he seems to have now, if it was the right guy.

I'd go into full rebuild mode. I think we all agree that qb is by far the most essential position in determining success. If you hit on an elite qb, you're setting yourself up for success for at least a decade. I'd draft one in the first round and trade whatever draft picks are necessary to move up to get the one we wanted. I'd then spend as much of our cap to surround that qb with offensive line protection and skill position players. The whole point being to give that qb the opportunity to succeed so that he can be properly evaluated. I'd then spend whatever remaining cap space and draft picks were left on the defense. The defense is probably going to be terrible, but the point is not to win ball games as much as it is to find that qb of the future. I'd give this qb two years to demonstrate that he'll be an elite qb. If not, he's traded for whatever we can get and we repeat the process. Once we get our qb of the future, I'd then proceed to get a proper balance of offensive and defensive talent. If nothing else we'd probably be in some entertaining shootouts.

I'm going to approach this from a player point of view. I am going to do a position breakdown for who will and won't be on the roster next year

QB- This may be the year we finally move on from Tannehill. 3 years in a row of injuries and he wasn't playing all that well when he was in the game. I could see all QB's on the current roster not being part of the team next year. Projection- no one will be back next year

RB- I like the group we have and obviously both Drake and Ballage will be back, the question is about Gore. I do seem him retiring after this year but would take him back in a heartbeat if he wants to go another year. Projection- Drake and Ballage will be back

WR- I see Grant, Wilson, and Stills back for sure. Amendola I dont see coming back due to his contract and age and I see us trading Parker in the offseason or just removing his option year and letting him walk. We need someone more consistent than what he can offer. Projection- Grant, Wilson, and Stills will be back

TE- I hate this group.......HATE it. Derby just can't stay healthy and will be gone. Projection- Gesicki and Smith will be back, we will move on from Gray and O'leary.

Offensive Line- Welcome to the NFL Laremy Tunsil, you are finally starting to scratch the surface of what you could be. Swanson has always been a nice surprise and Davis is someone that has been playing decent this year. James drives me nuts, too many pre snap penalties and gets overpowered too easily Projection- Tunsil, Swanson, Kilgore, Davis, and Sitton will be back. We will move on from Larsen and James

DT- I dont mind the group of Spence, Taylor, and Godchaux. Depth is needed though projection- all 3 will be back

DE- This is where it gets tricky. I like how Cam Wake has been playing but beyond that....gross. I see us moving on from Branch and Quinn as both are overpaid for their production. Projection- Wake, Harris, and Hayes should all be back next year. This is a big area of need

LB- This is the last year of Kiko Alonso as a Dolphin. It was a bad and unnecessary contract from the start and he is just an average NFL linebacker at best. Projection- We will move on from Kiko and keep both Baker and Mcmillan as starters. This is another area of need for a 6th year in a row

CB- Howard has been good and I still have faith for Mccain as long as we keep him playing in the slot. The rest of the backups are not safe at all but for the love of god do we need a 2nd boundary CB in the worst way possible. Projection- Howard and Mccain will be back, I could care less what happen with the rest

Safety- We simply cant keep playing 2 strong safetys on the backend but there is no way we will get out of the Jones or Mcdonald contract until 2020. Projection- Jones, Mcdonald, and Minkah will all be back. I will move Mcdonald to a backup role and play Jones with Fitzpatrick on the back end.

Kicker, Punter, and long snapper have no changes.

We are stuck with a few players for an additional year because of all the dumb contracts we have but our Top 3 areas of need IMHO is 1)QB 2) Boundary Cb, and 3) linebacker

We have some nice pieces to build around but this defense will never be what it could be without a competent defensive coordinator. We need to bring in an experienced Defensive coordinator to fix the mess we currently have.

6841.original-3187.jpg

If we are talking top to bottom, then Ross must sell. He says he's a fan of the team, and I don't doubt it, but his heart is in New York. He needs to be in Miami. He thinks real estate deals, not getting Miami to the next level. A dedicated football owner would have his team in the playoffs.

Manning wouldn't come here unless it was in some type of ownership role. Ross could offer Manning some huge deal plus a piece of the team to be the Football Czar as they are called. Manning and Gase together again brainstorming plays for the Dolphins. That's something that would be great for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom