How Would You Change Things From Top To Bottom? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would You Change Things From Top To Bottom?

Why Peyton Manning? What are his credentials in talent evaluation? He touted Adam Gase, which doesn’t look very good in retrospect.

I wish we would stop chasing inexperienced candidates for important roles.

I know this is unpopular but I would stick with the FO and Gase. We have to remember we have 5 - 1st or 2nd year guys starting on D not to mention the players we picked up via FA are still learning the system. The same applies for the Offense. Gase has helped RT play much better and look at what he is doing with Brock.

Offense- I would say we need to draft or trade for a QB with a higher ceiling, give whatever excuse you will about the line in Cinci but RT showed he has no grace under pressure, keep him through the remainder of his contract while we pick up a QB in 2020, we can’t keep eating dead cap and expect to get the players we need. Whoever we draft needs to sit a year and learn like Mahomes. We also need to draft a Stud WR round one and draft and pick up good FA guards and make it a requirement they are young and have no history of injuries. That has killed us for years.

D - Fire Burke, fire him twice if we can! That guy has no idea how to coach defensive football. We need to bring in a seasoned HC caliber past his prime DC like Bates. We do t need an up and comer who is gone in 1-2 years. A guy with a proven track record and can manipulate his scheme to the players we have while we bring in the right ones. Make it a must he never coached in Cinci!! Get young at DE and pay a stud on the line anywhere that disrupts a football game. I don’t need a solid guy like SUH, I want a Mack. The FO has picked up some solid talent that needs to be developed before they lose their confidence. Fire Burke tomorrow. I think that’s all we really need while continuing to make solid pickups like we have.

Gase will get better, he is still learning and we need consistency. We have been through too many FO and coaches and this one works well together. One last thing, bring Aponte back to manage the cap.

Last edited:
I think something needs to be done with whoever interviews players or scouts before the draft. We draft too many mental midgets like Parker, Harris, Ju'wan James, RT17 to an extent, Caroo and so on.

I think something needs to be done with whoever interviews players or scouts before the draft. We draft too many mental midgets like Parker, Harris, Ju'wan James, RT17 to an extent, Caroo and so on.
Takes juwan James off that list please, him and tunsil are a top bookend tandem who are both having nice seasons. I can’t let you **** on James sorry

Top to bottom? Sure, start at the top.

1. Ross sells the Dolphins to Eddie DeBartolo.
2. Eddie does the Dolphins the way he did the 49ers.
3. Super Bowls ensue.

Hey, a fan can dream.

Takes juwan James off that list please, him and tunsil are a top bookend tandem who are both having nice seasons. I can’t let you **** on James sorry

James is the definition of mediocre and a 1st round reach. I watch him get abused badly at least once - usually more - every game and wonder what people see. Add in the penalties and injuries ... nah. He won't be worth the contract he's gonna want.

James is the definition of mediocre and a 1st round reach. I watch him get abused badly at least once - usually more - every game and wonder what people see. Add in the penalties and injuries ... nah. He won't be worth the contract he's gonna want.

Agreed! I have seen James miss tons of assignments this season. He was getting dominated by Watts too. James is a bitch

Why Peyton Manning? What are his credentials in talent evaluation? He touted Adam Gase, which doesn’t look very good in retrospect.

I wish we would stop chasing inexperienced candidates for important roles.

I threw his name in the hat at the beginning of the conversation for a couple of reasons. He's one of the best QBs of all time. He's regarded as being very intelligent. You know he's been around football long enough to judge player character. I'm not pretending to know that he would be any good in a GM or coach role, but if I'm Ross I talk to that guy enough to form an opinion. The other thing I would look for are his opinions on other people around the league. I wouldn't hand him any position in the organization, and furthermore he has to really want the job. I question whether his interest in Miami is exclusive to Adam Gase...

Also, you mention that he touted Adam Gase and that it isn't looking very good, but I would contend it isn't looking awful yet. 2 1/2 seasons is long enough to notice aggravating habits of a coach but it isn't really long enough to assess whether a coach has it in him to be great. I wouldn't ready the pitchforks simply because the team has done this how many times going back to 1999? Even Jeff Fisher's team made it to two conference championships and a superbowl during that time. What have we done? ONE playoff victory.

Last edited:
After the season, scrap Burke and the scheme.
Add an accomplished DC who can run a 3-4 and 4-3 under. Press man on the outside.
Find a couple two-gapping space eaters to use at 5 tech & NT
Draft a QB if one is worth an investment. Otherwise sign Bridgewater and hang on to RT17 for another year.

Back
Top Bottom