Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated

He just signed a lucrative new contract. At some point, enough is enough.

We took a risk, signing him while not healthy. Now he wants to renegotiate a year later?

Screw that. He has more than life altering $. If it's just about "status" among corners, he has no character, IMO.

Hell no. You signed, the contract was tops when you signed it, get over yourself (IDGAF how good you are). Nothing sours me on a player faster than this kind of crap.

The salary cap is expected to drop by about $22M, we already have the highest paid corners in the league, how is this supposed to work out?

Definition of non-starter.

Who cares? Give it to him.

How about no! I'd rather take that money and invest it into offensive weapons.
You don't need an elite CB to win a championship.

Let him walk if that's his wish and sign a big contract else where and take the comp pick.

If he and his rep are planning on that then let us know early so we can put Pat Surtains kid on our big draft board.

The contract was very team friendly and there is no guaranteed money left on the deal.

This is very normal and I fully expect there to be conversations and as long as the deal can keep flexible like it is now they can bump the average and the guarantees up without much issue.

He earned it.

The contract was very team friendly and there is no guaranteed money left on the deal.

This is very normal and I fully expect there to be conversations and as long as the deal can keep flexible like it is now they can bump the average and the guarantees up without much issue.

He earned it.
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how Miami could bump his dollars? And hoping it wouldn't hurt the bottom line too badly.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how Miami could bump his dollars? And hoping it wouldn't hurt the bottom line too badly.

Jakeem Grant is literally getting 4.15 million in cash next year . . u cut him and add that to X's contract annually and I wouldn't feel any type of way about it (as an example, not saying they cut Grant). This is literally the best CB in football this year and he has no guaranteed money left on his deal.

I think the relationship is very good with him and this team, this will get done and it will be just fine.

Jakeem Grant is literally getting 4.15 million in cash next year . . u cut him and add that to X's contract annually and I wouldn't feel any type of way about it (as an example, not saying they cut Grant). This is literally the best CB in football this year and he has no guaranteed money left on his deal.

I think the relationship is very good with him and this team, this will get done and it will be just fine.
What about Hurns and Wilson's contracts? I think they can cut them as well, with minimal cap repercussions?

He earned it.

Assuming this is true, I'd say he and his agent need to tread carefully here. Flo and Co don't seem like the type that appreciates being strong-armed. While X has created a hell of a season for himself he needs to understand this is a team game and Flo and Co have a rep for finding and developing secondary talent.

His loss would be big. But not bigger than the team.

I could see them anticipating X and his agent being a problem and outright draft Pat Surtain II. Let X go and take the comp.

What about Hurns and Wilson's contracts? I think they can cut them as well, with minimal cap repercussions?

This is subject to potentially change as I have no idea if there are any changes when a player opted out . . . but:

Wilson is 1 million dead and 2 million saved.
Hurns is 900k dead and 2 million saved

Both very reasonable contracts to be fair and I think both are worth those deals but I fully expect to add rookie deals at WR so they will have to compete to keep those deals

Assuming this is true, I'd say he and his agent need to tread carefully here. Flo and Co don't seem like the type that appreciates being strong-armed. While X has created a hell of a season for himself he needs to understand this is a team game and Flo and Co have a rep for finding and developing secondary talent.

I could see them anticipating X and his agent being a problem and outright draft Pat Surtain II. Let X go and take the comp.
His loss would absolutely murder the team's morale, I can assure you. When a player balls out in your system, plays like the best defensive player in the league this year, and you reward him by saying you're too expensive and you don't want to be paid fairly so you're cut/traded?

If you don't take care of your own, the "team first" mentality dies with it.

This off-season trade X for 2 1st round draft picks, (preferably to the NFC), cut Hurns, Wilson & Grant. Take that $ & picks and build Dy-NASTY...

I don't think its strong arming. X has never sat out or held out. They have had a functional relationship from day 1 and the deal X got was very team friendly in return for getting paid a year early.

You can look at the deal and tell it needs a touch up.

Back
Top Bottom