Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner

Yeah and he has now outperformed it with a 1st team all pro year. Since he signed his current deal, he has since slipped to the 6th highest paid corner from an annual average basis, including being paid less than Byron Jones, a player he is vastly superior too.
Outperformed it when he’s the 2nd highest paid in the league? Christ.

Always amazing to me when fans of teams, turn on players that they cheered for all year, because the player wants to renegotiate. The teams hold all the leverage in the NFL. Cut guys after 1 years of contracts. Cut guys after getting injured on the field for their team. Yet we get mad when players want more money and security. With the way the NFL contracts are set up, I am FOR every player wanting a raise every season. F the owners pocket books. Players deserve better and more.

A hard cap doesn't care what any of us think.

If you can get a few 1s for him, do it. We seen KC move on from their top CB and a year later JAX move theirs. If Howard is this years top dog CB, take the draft capital and cap space and move him.

Glad he had a breakout year. But this TEAM still needs alot of work.

Sorry to say this but when you are one of the best players in the franchise, and your franchise cannot replace you then this is what happens. We can replace Xavier Howard, but we can't replace him with a player like him. And the Dolphins are not good enough to be dealing out their best players. But this sport is a business so I don't blame him. We need to keep him regardless, and we need to draft a defensive back in this draft early if we can.

They have already dealt away a LT and Safety, one of which also just made 1st team All Pro with his new team.

Pretty sure most of these athletes don't care but regardless : if he holds out, he can kiss any support from our fanbase aside.

Jalen Ramsey is still a better corner than Howard.

Can't blame him for wanting to be paid more than a teammate at the same position who is nothing close to his level.

I'd trade Jones and pay Howard, personally. Would take a day 2 pick for Jones in a heartbeat. No playmaking ability and gets TORCHED every time he's facing speed. Not a fan at all.
Yeah I’d move Byron first for sure

I read on the herald ( cant remember who wrote it) said he wants to be the highest paid on the team. May not go after top paid in the league.

Trade him now then!! Next man up! Maybe we can get a 1st for him. We really need a pass rusher anyways.

Renegotiate a deal for him, with an injury reduction clause. For every game he doesn’t start/misses due to injury, he loses 4.5% of his salary for that year. If he misses the entire season, this leaves him with roughly a quarter to a third of his salary. If he plays the entire season, injury-free, make him the highest paid CB in the league - he’s playing like it.
Sounds amazing but can’t see him doing that

if we want to be fair- Byron should just give some his money back and give it to X lol

After reading more posts and thinking about it- so much wasted money (like Jordan Howard) that we could just spread it out for X’s deal and could get him a little more dough

And yeah, why would he want to be paid less than his inferior team mate

He signed a contract and makes huge $$$ as it is.

If indeed he intends to FORCE a new deal --- trade his *** immediately.
I have to agree here. At what point does it stop? A player get an extension and if he doesn't play well he doesn't send some of the money back. But now they get what they want and after one year they want a new deal for more money?? At some point this needs to stop. It's not like if he's hurting for money. he's not underpaid.

i agree with michael scott and whoever else said trade jones and pay x. jones is not worth anything close to what he is being paid.

Yeah and he has now outperformed it with a 1st team all pro year. Since he signed his current deal, he has since slipped to the 6th highest paid corner from an annual average basis, including being paid less than Byron Jones, a player he is vastly superior too.
By that manner of reasoning, we should just reshuffle the salaries of all players every year depending on the prior year performance, and do away with contracts altogether.

Ogbah, you had only had 6 sack this year, we are cutting your pay by 40%.

Yeah, thats gonna fly...

You can't reevaluate every year, based on performance. Say X has a down year, does he automatically get a reduction?

Ludicrous.......

actually yes, players take pay cuts or face the danger of being cut. it happens a lot.
They do, but usually only when it is in their own best interests. Occasionally a guy does it for the good of the team, but not very often.

Loyalty has to go both ways.

By that manner of reasoning, we should just reshuffle the salaries of all players every year depending on the prior year performance, and do away with contracts altogether.

Ogbah, you had only had 6 sack this year, we are cutting your pay by 40%.

Yeah, thats gonna fly...

You can't reevaluate every year, based on performance. Say X has a down year, does he automatically get a reduction?

Ludicrous.......

Lol teams evaluate players on a year to to year basis every season. That’s why NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed. If a player is not performing, they can be cut with little to no penalty depended on structure of the deal, or strong armed into restructuring (with the threat of being cut)

The game is the game.

Back
Top Bottom