Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner

Always amazing to me when fans of teams, turn on players that they cheered for all year, because the player wants to renegotiate. The teams hold all the leverage in the NFL. Cut guys after 1 years of contracts. Cut guys after getting injured on the field for their team. Yet we get mad when players want more money and security. With the way the NFL contracts are set up, I am FOR every player wanting a raise every season. F the owners pocket books. Players deserve better and more.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately it's the system we have to work with. To be successful you have to ***t on a few folk, and Belichick has probably been the best at it. I don't think X is in that boat though.

Didn't see this posted anywhere. He just hired a new agent, the same agent that played hard ball with us when negotiating with Olivia Vernon.

Reportedly Howard wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.... more than 20 mil per season!!!

Side note; Howard is a Houston native, just throwing that out there
Hold out. We didn't pay him less when he was injured or not playing well. So, once we do a debit for that, we'll go ahead and increase his pay........

Howard and Tua straight up for Watson lol
I don't think they see value with Tua.
I would give them Howard and a second this year and a second on 2022 for Watson. And then Tua can learn the next two years behind Watson. In case he develops then we can trade Tua or Watson after year three. But Watson in Miami would be a proven dream come true.

Renegotiate a deal for him, with an injury reduction clause. For every game he doesn’t start/misses due to injury, he loses 4.5% of his salary for that year. If he misses the entire season, this leaves him with roughly a quarter to a third of his salary. If he plays the entire season, injury-free, make him the highest paid CB in the league - he’s playing like it.

I have been ABSOLUTELY AGAINST any trade talk about X.....until now.

He just got a big fat raise. He threw away his food stamp card a couple years ago and lives just fine. We are on the brink of great things again and NOW he wants to strong arm a negotiation? Nah. I am out on that kind of thing.

If X were underpaid and been force franchised to keep from negotiating i would be down with X and his demand. But strong arming a new deal and holding the dolphins progress hostage shows he is about clout and money over this team and it's bright future.

So now with X and his new cash assassin throwing down the gauntlet, just trade him to houston with next years #1 OR tua, plus this years 4th in return for watson. Without X's 20 gazillion dollar pay check, taking on a true franchise qb's salary is much more tolerable. Thanks a lot X. Class act.

He just signed a new contract. If he doesn't report, try to trade him. If there are no good offers, put him on Reserve/Did Not Report.

If I'm reading this right, the Dolphins have an out after next season. Can't say I blame him, NFL contracts should be fully guarateed.

I am not betting on his knees holding up long enough for us to build a team that can compete with Mahomes.

I'll roll the dice with 21 and 22 year old draft picks on rookie deals and keep building the roster that way. Our defense isn't good enough to keep Howard around.

Can't be sentimental about this situation. Xavien Howard is my favorite player. I wish he was 23, making two mill a year and has never been hurt. We got his prime years out of him already. It's time for someone else to pay the big money on the decline.

Watch the Cleveland Browns come calling in the offseason, after they can't slow down KC next week and are looking for answers.

If our FO trades Howard, it's because they got an offer they couldn't resist. I'm hoping that happens. I am 100% behind the FO if they decide to move on from 25.

Devante Parker, while not having nearly the value of X, probably needs to go for the same reasons as Howard. The team that will be built to compete with KC and Buffalo isn't going to need two guys almost 30, making big money and constantly dealing with injuries. It's just not the best track for us.

I am not betting on his knees holding up long enough for us to build a team that can compete with Mahomes.

I'll roll the dice with 21 and 22 year old draft picks on rookie deals and keep building the roster that way. Our defense isn't good enough to keep Howard around.

Can't be sentimental about this situation. Xavien Howard is my favorite player. I wish he was 23, making two mill a year and has never been hurt. We got his prime years out of him already. It's time for someone else to pay the big money on the decline.

Watch the Cleveland Browns come calling in the offseason, after they can't slow down KC next week and are looking for answers.

If our FO trades Howard, it's because they got an offer they couldn't resist. I'm hoping that happens. I am 100% behind the FO if they decide to move on from 25.

Devante Parker, while not having nearly the value of X, probably needs to go for the same reasons as Howard. The team that will be built to compete with KC and Buffalo isn't going to need two guys almost 30, making big money and constantly dealing with injuries. It's just not the best track for us.
I'm just going to remind you that the Dolphins outscored Kansas City's offense this year.

Jones and Rowe are fine at CB, and hopefully Iggy gets his stuff together. Trade Howard for a first round pick.

Back
Top Bottom