Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

Fair enough.

I am under the belief X is an elite corner and the best in the game at making turnovers.

X just turned 28 and is healthy.

I don’t think leading the league two of the last three years in interceptions was by accident. I don’t see him declining this year or next if he is healthy and has a good attitude.

I also think Miami is in a great position to make noise this year. If Miami were to trade him for a 1st of 2nd round pick, would that player make a difference before 2024, if at all?

All along my position has been that Miami is better off in the long run trading Howard if the only option to keep him sets a bad precedent moving forward.

My response tonight was after reading what appears were many posters who seem to take it personally and Howard is just screwing himself.

I don’t disagree that X maybe screwing himself, but the Dolphins also lose out in this scenario. Miami is a better team with X. If he maintains his level of play, a much better team.

I am someone that doesn’t take it personally when players want to get paid more. I don’t like it when they hold out and force the issue, but I don’t take it personally.

I still see posters that hate Ricky Williams for retiring the first time and Saban going to Alabama as if it was done personally to them. Seems silly to me, but whatever, I am not the one living the last 15 years with resentments covering up rejection.

even if he’s the best CB in the league, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s asking for a raise after the first year of a 5 year contract and did so publicly. Had he keep things in-house and quiet, both sides could have saved face and he could have gotten his money.

By going public, he’s limited what Miami could rationally do and it all makes me wonder if this was just all to force his way out over hurt feelings over Miami trading for BJ and his bigger payday coupled with drafting another CB in the first suggesting a lack of faith that he’d recover back to to form last year.

I show up to work everyday! I don’t demand I get paid more after being given a rise. I don’t air my grievances in public. I don’t take petty when my teammates get a rise. I’m happy for them.
You're not as valuable as a professional athlete though. HUGE difference.

You're not as valuable as a professional athlete though. HUGE difference.

Right! X is the franchise player of the Dolphins. Without him the Dolphins have no chance at anything.

Personally, I want him traded more than ever so these post can entertain me the entire season and couple of more seasons.

I am a Miami Dolphins fan! I was a fan and will always be a fan before and after X.

Last edited:
I dont understand what you mean?
Really ??
you state that he got paid and needs to homie his contract… he doesnt he can do whatever he wants to put pressure on the team just like teams do when they want to squeeze players to take a pay cut

Actually... he is more valuable than any professional athlete. Anyone with an actual job is more valuable than an entertainer.
If entertainers are so lame, why do you spend countless hours on here debating the most mundane details of their offseason?

Really ??
you state that he got paid and needs to homie his contract… he doesnt he can do whatever he wants to put pressure on the team just like teams do when they want to squeeze players to take a pay cut
All part of the CBA they signed onto and reap millions of dollars with.

This article, to me, reiterates that X and his crew put the Dolphins in a bad situation. Both from the time elapsed from the intial signing and the salary cap of most teams around the league. It once more makes you question why not table this for next season when time since initial signing and salary cap are much more favorable? I’ve give my answer as to why before.

Last edited:
I'd really prefer they figure this **** out, but hey, we only have one first rounder next year.....I'm used to having two. Plus add another.

Back
Top Bottom