Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

So you believe Miami wants to see him produce in 2021, then adjust his contract for the balance of the terms and keep Howard in Miami?
I believe they want to keep their options open, with an eye towards moving on from X after this season.

That is likely why Grier/Flo have no interest in completely redoing the contract to include high future gaurantees.

I would assume they have offered whatever is their version of a "compromise", and X's camp has rejected that offer.

If that is indeed the case, there really isn't much to negotiate.

Dude has already gotten a new contract. He has missed 24 games in his 5 year career if I'm not mistaken maybe he should factor that into what he thinks he's worth.

He wants to be paid like a top CB
He is already paid like a top CB

The lack of gratitude players have to teams that drafted them and then paid them a huge second deal is insane to me. If a company wanted to pay me $70mil for 4 years plus give me spring time off I'd get their logo tatted on my wang if they wanted.
But if a team offered you 70 million and you thought you were worth 300 million, you wouldnt work for that company.

No one is saying the Dolphins have no chance at anything without him. But employees with rare, valuable skills have more leverage when dealing with employers than average joe's like us.

Outside of the Qb a team can’t be held hostage by a guy that plays in the secondary no less. That’s ridiculous!

Last edited:
He has an actual job. The free market has decided it's extremely valuable. Capitalism FTW!
The free market has decided that plants without pollution equipment are profitable than those that have it... Although, society has a different opinion, so the free market is a lot of things... moral is not one of them.

I believe they want to keep their options open, with an eye towards moving on from X after this season.

That is likely why Grier/Flo have no interest in completely redoing the contract to include high future gaurantees.

I would assume they have offered whatever is their version of a "compromise", and X's camp has rejected that offer.

If that is indeed the case, there really isn't much to negotiate.
Agreed. They're hedging the future using the norms. Who wants to pay a declining, "old" corner top CB money? Particularly one who has missed substantial time due to injury? That type of move has caused fans to yell and scream about how stupid team management was.

But if a team offered you 70 million and you thought you were worth 300 million, you wouldnt work for that company.
That's a big stretch from 70 to 300. What if you were making 70 and you thought you were worth 75? Would you work for that company? We all have jobs that we think that we should make more and we still go to work every day.

We overpaid him a year ago when we made him the highest paid player when he could not stay on the field because he was always hurt. Yes he had a great year last year and was the best CB in the league. Are you all for giving him a new contract every year that he is the best in the league? If we give him a new contract like he wants now and he goes out there and has the most INT's in the league again and wants to hold out next year for another raise, are you all for that too? Jut keep giving them to him every time he wants one. Where do we draw the line? I say now since he is 1 year in on a brand new contract.

He wants a raise when he is the best but as soon as he is not the best will he give renegotiate his contract to give money back?

I will answer that question for you. NO HE WILL NOT.

Last edited:
That's a big stretch from 70 to 300. What if you were making 70 and you thought you were worth 75? Would you work for that company? We all have jobs that we think that we should make more and we still go to work every day.

We overpaid him a year ago when we made him the highest paid player when he could not stay on the field because he was always hurt. Yes he had a great year and was the best CB in the league. Are you all for giving him a new contract every year that he outplays the league? If we give him a new contract like he wants now and he goes out there and has the most INT's in the league and wants to hold out next year for another raise, are you all for that too?

He wants a raise when he is the best but as soon as he is not the best will he give renegotiate his contract to give money back?

I will answer that question for you. NO HE WILL NOT.
If you think another company will give you 75, no.

If you think another company will give you 75, no.
All over the league there are players that would get paid more by other teams but there is this thing called a contract that they signed that doesn't allow them to go.

So nothing on the question of if you would pay him again if he wants another contract next year?

Are you ok that he just signed a contract a year ago and now is mad about it? He wasn't mad when we paid him alot of that money upfront.

If he gets hurt and misses half of the year and wants a new contract are you ok with him wanting a new contract? That's what happened prior to the last contract.

Well for 1 who the hells slips twice a game every game that would look really sketchy. You have a disgruntle employee who has no history of slipping multiple times a game all of a sudden making a habit of it...yeah I wanna say Flores is not an idiot and would put 2 and 2 together.

.2. how good of an actor is X? He better be Leonardo Dicrapio in the Revenant good because otherwise his butt is getting suspended. I'd rather suspend him and have a soap opera than just blatantly ignore "slips" that could potentially cost us some games.
You don't see my point. My point is, X can appeal any penalty. So its up to the team to provide proofs. You believe its fake, I believe it, Flo believes it....However thats not proofs.
And my second point is, if we really go down your path, it becomes a huge distraction to the entire season.

I do not want to turn this into a Tua thread, but our first round pick next year via San Fran may be 25 plus.
Just like signing Hunter as a hedga for Giesecki leaving, I would like some draft pick ammo in case we need a QB next year. So I am fine with an X trade on that basis alone.

I don't think San Fran is going to be that good. Their division is absolutely brutal, their QB is injury prone and they already have a couple players seemingly out for a while.

I think that pick will be top 20 personally with a shot at top 15.

Still probably not low enough to take a top QB.

Shouldn't have signed the 70mil contract then, but he did. So he agreed with their offer of his fair compensation for what he believed he would produce over 5 years. Now he did better than he expected and wants more - just no

I remember when Hopkins destroyed Howard. If Howard is so elite, why does he struggle against elite WRs?

Now is the time to trade him, he isnt getting any younger. And we havent really had playoffs WITH him.

Back
Top Bottom