Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

Nobody’s jealous. It’s the fact he has four years left on a contract he signed less than two years ago that at the time made him the NFLs highest paid corner.

It’s the fact he’s missed significant time both before and after he signed the extension with knee issues.

It’s the fact Miami gave him that extension in spite of some off the field (disturbing) legal issues.

Teams can’t manage the business if they have to worry about re-doing deals like this every year. The man is becoming a perpetual crybaby.

He’s not long for this team as I expect him gone next offseason at the latest but if he wanted to be better paid then he should have bet on himself and not signed that extension. Him calling the Byron Jones signing and drafting of Noah a slap in the face is so weak.

No, we’re not jealous, we’re growing tired of his “me” act and he’s clearly not in the team’s long term plans.
X is going get what he want.. in the end. He might not be in dolphins uniform...

How would I make terrible business owners??you ain't owner or players. You just running ur mouth. song like u jealous of. How much money they make in nfl....when it come too money..players we should keep. we give them away.players we should let walk we keep. The good team find way keep thier good players..
Andy Samberg What GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

If a team offered me $70 million and I thought I was worth $300 million I probably just wouldn't sign for $70 million.
Shouldn't have signed the 70mil contract then, but he did. So he agreed with their offer of his fair compensation for what he believed he would produce over 5 years. Now he did better than he expected and wants more - just no
Markets change. Why do you hate capitalism? USA! USA!

All over the league there are players that would get paid more by other teams but there is this thing called a contract that they signed that doesn't allow them to go.

So nothing on the question of if you would pay him again if he wants another contract next year?

Are you ok that he just signed a contract a year ago and now is mad about it? He wasn't mad when we paid him alot of that money upfront.

If he gets hurt and misses half of the year and wants a new contract are you ok with him wanting a new contract? That's what happened prior to the last contract.
I'm ok with whatever consenting employers/employees wanna do. It's not really my business. Capitalism! USA! USA!

Markets change. Why do you hate capitalism? USA! USA!
Part of capitalism is honoring the contract you sign. Unfortunately many in the younger generation tend to think contracts are nothing but a piece of paper which means nothing. In 2019 when Howard missed most of the season and played poorly before going on IR, the Dolphins didn’t demand he restructure his contract to receive less money in 2020. They paid his entire contract in 2019, even though he didn’t play most of the season.

What Howard wants has nothing to do with capitalism or the USA. It is simply a case of a player having one great season and attempting to hold the team hostage unless they pay him more or trade him. Hopefully they will call his buff and let him sit out the entire season while he receives none of his salary. They aren’t going to a get draft pick which will help them during this coming season.So they should let him sit out and trade him after the season and he will learn that he will never be able to recover the money he lost by sitting out the 2021 season.

There are consequences if he doesn't perform on his contract just like any other contract. No one has to honor a contract, as long as they are willing to risk those consequences.

even if he’s the best CB in the league, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s asking for a raise after the first year of a 5 year contract and did so publicly. Had he keep things in-house and quiet, both sides could have saved face and he could have gotten his money.

By going public, he’s limited what Miami could rationally do and it all makes me wonder if this was just all to force his way out over hurt feelings over Miami trading for BJ and his bigger payday coupled with drafting another CB in the first suggesting a lack of faith that he’d recover back to to form last year.
Great post. I think this is defently whats going on.

A 10 INT all-pro season is a big *** marketing asset, but its also something thats very unlikely to ever happen in the future in this case. Thing is both parties are doing exactly what they should be doing right now, the Fins are trying to avoid paying for something thats unlikely to repeat itself and Xavien is trying to bank on what is most probably his last shot at this big of a contact going foward.

There's no one in the wrong here and neither side needs to be taken for a mud slide...
What about him having another 7 int season?

There are consequences if he doesn't perform on his contract just like any other contract. No one has to honor a contract, as long as they are willing to risk those consequences.
In the NFL , the players agreed to play under the present contract restrictions when they voted to approve their collective bargaining agreement. Yet in the NBA and MLB players are paid their entire contract whether they play or not. The only time players in these leagues have their contracts terminated is if they retire before their contract expires or they violate the morality clauses in their contract.

While NFL teams can cut a player at any time and void their contract. That is what the players agreed to when they voted for their CBA and they all are aware that the only money they are assured of receiving is the guaranteed money in their contract.

While you are correct that no one has to honor their contract as long as they are willing to risk the consequences. I think in this case the Dolphins should tell Howard his choices are to play under his present contract or sit out the year and receive nothing. If they trade him before the season, they would be in the same situation they would be in if he sits out the season.

In either case they would have to find a new starter at his CB position. They wouldn’t receive any benefit from the draft pick or picks they receive in a trade until at least the 2022 season. Therefore they could let him sit out the entire season with no pay and still trade him after the season for a 2022 draft pick.

Personally I like Howard and think he is one of the best defensive players in the league. Yet he has had numerous injuries during his career and has only had 2 good seasons in his 5 years in the league. So like every player in the league, he is replaceable and if the Dolphins don’t feel like they want to redo his contract so soon after signing him to a new contract, I fully support the organization.

Part of capitalism is honoring the contract you sign. Unfortunately many in the younger generation tend to think contracts are nothing but a piece of paper which means nothing. In 2019 when Howard missed most of the season and played poorly before going on IR, the Dolphins didn’t demand he restructure his contract to receive less money in 2020. They paid his entire contract in 2019, even though he didn’t play most of the season.

What Howard wants has nothing to do with capitalism or the USA. It is simply a case of a player having one great season and attempting to hold the team hostage unless they pay him more or trade him. Hopefully they will call his buff and let him sit out the entire season while he receives none of his salary. They aren’t going to a get draft pick which will help them during this coming season.So they should let him sit out and trade him after the season and he will learn that he will never be able to recover the money he lost by sitting out the 2021 season.
NFL teams dont honor contract either...

And so what? We keep doing that and we still don’t have a draft pick as good as Tunsil or even Kenny Stills was for that matter. Action Jackson got hurt, Iggy was an unmitigated disaster last season, even w 28 picks at o-line it still sucked. My point is, continuing to roll players for picks BEFORE you’ve established a winning system (like Shula did, like Joe Gibbs did, like BB did/does etc is just pissing in the wind. Let’s keep our best players, build around their strengths, groom successors etc. Trading our best players every time they complain about something is only going to lead to more of the same. Make an example. Let him sit out. When the game check doesn’t come he’ll be back out there.
Since we traded Tunisia, Stills and Minka have we gotten better or worse?

Looks to me like this FO knows what they are doing and the team is more important than 1 playee

NFL teams dont honor contract either...
Just stop with that nonsense.

Teams honor the letter of the contracts. If they didn't, the player's union, as well as the individual would be continually filing lawsuits.

Contracts are very specific as to money that is gauranteed, and money that is not. Players know this. Agents know this. You should know this too.

Just stop with that nonsense.

Teams honor the letter of the contracts. If they didn't, the player's union, as well as the individual would be continually filing lawsuits.

Contracts are very specific as to money that is gauranteed, and money that is not. Players know this. Agents know this. You should know this too.
I agree. I also going to address college football. Most good qb have all day pass....NFL is different story...that why I stop talking about Tua college career...he was in good situation....for exam ol,defense,rb,wr and best coach in college football....

If you are not willing to look at multiple situations and learn how people see them similar and it's differences.....limits only your own intelligence.
I’m not limiting anything, there is just no similarities between the two, other than they are both holding out. Even if they throw more money at Rodgers, which is what X wants, the situations are still different.

Back
Top Bottom