Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

I remember when Hopkins destroyed Howard. If Howard is so elite, why does he struggle against elite WRs?

Now is the time to trade him, he isnt getting any younger. And we havent really had playoffs WITH him.

You can't just point out one bad game and say a guy struggles vs elite receivers.

1) Everyone has bad games.

2) The rules are slanted towards an offense, no corner is winning every match up every game.

3) Our pass rush has been average at best to awful at worst, inconsistent for sure. Noone can cover forever.

Every good players want more money...that business we in

And you'd run a crap business if you were the owner. Specifically, if you keep paying them more on contracts that the ink isn't even dry on yet.

This isn's madden or fantasy! There's alot of shortterm and longterm financials that has to be considered. Not to mention future ramifications of any move that's done outside of the norm

You can't just point out one bad game and say a guy struggles vs elite receivers.

1) Everyone has bad games.

2) The rules are slanted towards an offense, no corner is winning every match up every game.

3) Our pass rush has been average at best to awful at worst, inconsistent for sure. Noone can cover forever.

He's a talent and i'm not paying him a penny more this season.
He signed a perfectly valid and legal contract not too long ago that STILL has like 3 more years on it.

If you want to renegotiate then here are my terms:

1) Prove to me that you can play an entire season.
2) GIve me even 1/2 of the performance you did last season.

Do those two things and i'd be happy to take a look at the contract next season.
Especially when we're in a better cap situation.

Win for you because you get to possible renegogiate a contract you stil had 3 more years on
Win for us becaus you proved you can stay healthy 2 years in a row

Last edited:
He's a talent and i'm not paying him a penny more this season.
He signed a perfectly valid and legal contract not too long ago that STILL has like 3 more years on it.

If you want to renegotiate then here are my terms:

1) Prove to me that you can play an entire season.
2) GIve me even 1/2 of the performance you did last season.

Do those two things and i'd be happy to take a look at the contract next season.
Especially when we're in a better cap situation.

Win for you because you get to possible renegogiate a contract you stil had 3 more years on
Win for us becaus you proved you can stay healthy 2 years in a row

I'm not a fan of his holding out either. I think its a bit petty. That said I can also understand why he would feel the way he does too.

Id personally see if I could frontload some more guaranteed money into next season since the cap should rise by a fair amount. If he wouldn't take that or something similar id let him sit until he's ready to resolve the issue.

A 10 INT all-pro season is a big *** marketing asset, but its also something thats very unlikely to ever happen in the future in this case. Thing is both parties are doing exactly what they should be doing right now, the Fins are trying to avoid paying for something thats unlikely to repeat itself and Xavien is trying to bank on what is most probably his last shot at this big of a contact going foward.

There's no one in the wrong here and neither side needs to be taken for a mud slide...

Exactly this. Said it before, but for Miami to extract proper value from the situation, they need to find a team that thinks it's closer than it is . Candidates that come to mind: Arizona, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. The other teams aren't good for Howard to make sense (rebuilds), are too good (meh compensation), or they don't have a desperate need at CB. Dallas and Tennessee are on the fringe of making sense, but, particularly with Howard, they're both likely to make the playoffs.

And you'd run a crap business if you were the owner. Specifically, if you keep paying them more on contracts that the ink isn't even dry on yet.

This isn's madden or fantasy! There's alot of shortterm and longterm financials that has to be considered. Not to mention future ramifications of any move that's done outside of the norm
Your world ain't nfl..these players have window too make money..if u good u can make demand.. nfl teams are always going be dealing w this.. I would pay X and move on...give him 3 to 4 million a yr extra or signing bonus..so we can be ready for season..

I'm not a fan of his holding out either. I think its a bit petty. That said I can also understand why he would feel the way he does too.

Id personally see if I could frontload some more guaranteed money into next season since the cap should rise by a fair amount. If he wouldn't take that or something similar id let him sit until he's ready to resolve the issue.
He was perfectly happy to sign his contract when it was front loaded and he got all that money. If I’m managament that’s what I’m holding onto. As a “courtesy” because he’s a valued member of this team we’d be willing to take a look at his contract next season.

Your world ain't nfl..these players have window too make money..if u good u can make demand.. nfl teams are always going be dealing w this.. I would pay X and move on...give him 3 to 4 million a yr extra or signing bonus..so we can be ready for season..
Then every other player in the NFL will do the same thing. You'll be renegotiating 54 contracts a year.

Bad idea.

Like I said you’d make a terrible business owner if you keep on paying people more simply because they asked for it. The circumstances has to be right. They have to ask the right way(not go on social media and trash the team like they’re getting paid peanuts) and yeah! Show up to work. Act like a professional and we’ll look at the contract which YOU SIGNED AND AGREED TO.

Like I said you’d make a terrible business owner if you keep on paying people more simply because they asked for it. The circumstances has to be right. They have to ask the right way(not go on social media and trash the team like they’re getting paid peanuts) and yeah! Show up to work. Act like a professional and we’ll look at the contract which YOU SIGNED AND AGREED TO.
How would I make terrible business owners??you ain't owner or players. You just running ur mouth. song like u jealous of. How much money they make in nfl....when it come too money..players we should keep. we give them away.players we should let walk we keep. The good team find way keep thier good players..

Last edited:
Your posts are almost all emotion ANU. Can't really say someone else would suck at business when your defense is locked in with how you feel. Rather than how business actually works in the NFL.

How would I make terrible business owners??you ain't owner or players. You just running ur mouth. song like u jealous of. How much money they make in nfl...
Nobody’s jealous. It’s the fact he has four years left on a contract he signed less than two years ago that at the time made him the NFLs highest paid corner.

It’s the fact he’s missed significant time both before and after he signed the extension with knee issues.

It’s the fact Miami gave him that extension in spite of some off the field (disturbing) legal issues.

Teams can’t manage the business if they have to worry about re-doing deals like this every year. The man is becoming a perpetual crybaby.

He’s not long for this team as I expect him gone next offseason at the latest but if he wanted to be better paid then he should have bet on himself and not signed that extension. Him calling the Byron Jones signing and drafting of Noah a slap in the face is so weak.

No, we’re not jealous, we’re growing tired of his “me” act and he’s clearly not in the team’s long term plans.

He was perfectly happy to sign his contract when it was front loaded and he got all that money. If I’m managament that’s what I’m holding onto. As a “courtesy” because he’s a valued member of this team we’d be willing to take a look at his contract next season.
I’d also be willing to move certain guarantees up if that’s doable so his cash this year is higher.

Nobody’s jealous. It’s the fact he has four years left on a contract he signed less than two years ago that at the time made him the NFLs highest paid corner.

It’s the fact he’s missed significant time both before and after he signed the extension with knee issues.

It’s the fact Miami gave him that extension in spite of some off the field (disturbing) legal issues.

Teams can’t manage the business if they have to worry about re-doing deals like this every year. The man is becoming a perpetual crybaby.

He’s not long for this team as I expect him gone next offseason at the latest but if he wanted to be better paid then he should have bet on himself and not signed that extension. Him calling the Byron Jones signing and drafting of Noah a slap in the face is so weak.

No, we’re not jealous, we’re growing tired of his “me” act and he’s clearly not in the team’s long term plans.
they probably going trade him..still another good players gone. Another hole to fix. Bills wr kill dolphins last year..I would pay man. He is best player. we got on team..

Back
Top Bottom