Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

What does Rodgers situation have to do with X? Absolutely nothing.
If you are not willing to look at multiple situations and learn how people see them similar and it's differences.....limits only your own intelligence.

Yeah Right....
Think in real world terms,you make him play, he slips on turf twice a game,....what you gonna to do? Then you still have to trade him, and you lost few games already.
I beleive the answer is suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team like the Eagles did Terrell Owens, sue him for breach of contract and make him pay back alot of money. Also fine his a$$. Also what team is going to pay a player who purposely "slips" on the turf twice game. Who would pay big money for a player that does that? He would lose a lot of money in future income.

I beleive the answer is suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team like the Eagles did Terrell Owens, sue him for breach of contract and make him pay back alot of money. Also fine his a$$. Also what team is going to pay a player who purposely "slips" on the turf twice game. Who would pay big money for a player that does that? He would lose a lot of money in future income.

I hear the Saints will be big players. Kamera and a 1 please

This article, to me, reiterates that X and his crew put the Dolphins in a bad situation. Both from the time elapsed from the intial signing and the salary cap of most teams around the league. It once more makes you question why not table this for next season when time since initial signing and salary cap are much more favorable? I’ve give my answer as to why before.
I've been wondering the same thing.

I've been wondering the same thing.

It's "obvious", imo! He and his camp have some doubts about either his health or being able to produce at another high level. I'm betting it's more likely the knee and not sure he can go a full season and possibly a post-season playoff berth.

That's why it's halarious all the pay him whatever amount! No matter what! crowd.

Odds are he doesn't make it through the full season. Other teams are aware of that too and imo are unlikely to give huge comp to the Dolphins on top of the contract he wants.

Everything logical, except for X's camp, screams lets play out one more season and see how that goes. Afterwards we'd be happy to look at your contract.

It's "obvious", imo! He and his camp have some doubts about either his health or being able to produce at another high level. I'm betting it's more likely the knee and not sure he can go a full season and possibly a post-season playoff berth.

That's why it's halarious all the pay him whatever amount! No matter what! crowd.

Odds are he doesn't make it through the full season. Other teams are aware of that too and imo are unlikely to give huge comp to the Dolphins on top of the contract he wants.

Everything logical, except for X's camp, screams lets play out one more season and see how that goes. Afterwards we'd be happy to look at your contract.
So you believe Miami wants to see him produce in 2021, then adjust his contract for the balance of the terms and keep Howard in Miami?

Where is the evident? How can you prove the slips are fake? Your solution only looks good on paper. If you do that , then we will have a soap opera that attracts national media, and becomes a huge distraction to the entire team. No one will ask questions about the games, all questions to Flo will be about it. We will become a joke.

Actually... he is more valuable than any professional athlete. Anyone with an actual job is more valuable than an entertainer.
He has an actual job. The free market has decided it's extremely valuable. Capitalism FTW!

Right! X is the franchise player of the Dolphins. Without him the Dolphins have no chance at anything.

Personally, I want him traded more than ever so these post can entertain me the entire season and couple of more seasons.

I am a Miami Dolphins fan! I was a fan and will always be a fan before and after X.
No one is saying the Dolphins have no chance at anything without him. But employees with rare, valuable skills have more leverage when dealing with employers than average joe's like us.

Where is the evident? How can you prove the slips are fake? Your solution only looks good on paper. If you do that , then we will have a soap opera that attracts national media, and becomes a huge distraction to the entire team. No one will ask questions about the games, all questions to Flo will be about it. We will become a joke.
Well for 1 who the hells slips twice a game every game that would look really sketchy. You have a disgruntle employee who has no history of slipping multiple times a game all of a sudden making a habit of it...yeah I wanna say Flores is not an idiot and would put 2 and 2 together.

.2. how good of an actor is X? He better be Leonardo Dicrapio in the Revenant good because otherwise his butt is getting suspended. I'd rather suspend him and have a soap opera than just blatantly ignore "slips" that could potentially cost us some games.

What does football being a team game have to do with this situation? Every team sport is a team game. Simply put, if Howard is not on the field of play, Miami just got worse as a team.

Lol…didn’t play well without Jones. I suppose it was Jones who enabled X to snag 7 interceptions in 12 games in 2018 as well?

The only time X didn’t play like the stud he is was when he was trying to play through an injured knee. It had nothing to do with Jones who wasn’t even on the team.

Howard has allowed just a 62.5 passer rating when targeted over the past three NFL seasons, good for the third-lowest figure among the 131 cornerbacks with at least 75 targets since 2018. He also ranked second in percentage of targets where he recorded either a pass breakup or an interception (23.4%) in the same three-year span.

The 28-year-old is now entering his sixth NFL season after earning a career-high 89.6 PFF coverage grade in 2020. Howard logged just a 53.0 passer rating when targeted, 10 pass breakups and 10 interceptions — all career-highs.
I mean a team game in the FACT that he just had a contract done, and the FACT that he has missed 24 games, and the FACT that renegotiating impacts this TEAM on a financial level in many ways....who else we can sign, who else we can extend, and whoelse will want to renogiate a contract after just signing one.

I am not doubting his talent, just his availability as a whole and his timing.

Well for 1 who the hells slips twice a game every game that would look really sketchy. You have a disgruntle employee who has no history of slipping multiple times a game all of a sudden making a habit of it...yeah I wanna say Flores is not an idiot and would put 2 and 2 together.

.2. how good of an actor is X? He better be Leonardo Dicrapio in the Revenant good because otherwise his butt is getting suspended. I'd rather suspend him and have a soap opera than just blatantly ignore "slips" that could potentially cost us some games.

I'll add one. Coaches are ex-players. 52 other guys watching from the sidelines. They aren't naive.
Realistically, X and every other player know 'slips' hurt their stats and, ultimately, desireability and income. Plus, every professional athlete has an ego and a competiitive nature. They have no desire to embarrass themselves.

He wants to be paid like a top CB
He is already paid like a top CB

The lack of gratitude players have to teams that drafted them and then paid them a huge second deal is insane to me. If a company wanted to pay me $70mil for 4 years plus give me spring time off I'd get their logo tatted on my wang if they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom