Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

We could look at this from the angle of “how quickly would society crumble if various jobs/professions had their people suddenly vanish?”
Well there are a few, but the fastest way for society to crumble in the United States. Is for a trucking strike, most of you seen the Covid toilet paper shortage. Well that was nothing just people hoarding because they thought there would be a shortage. By them doing that they overloaded the supply system. Well if truckers went out on strike it would be many times worse, all the stores would be empty within a day maybe two if you where lucky.

What kind of agent would guarantee money lost from fines when they didn't get paid from the contract in the first place? Let's say he guaranteed 25% and Howard lost $800K in fines. He'd have to come up with some sweet kind of better deal to make up the $200K out of pocket and make money off of it.
The kind of agent that talked his client into holding out in the first place. The amount of money the agent would pay for the fine is small potatoes compared to what he would get if the team negotiated a new contract with Howard.

If my math is correct Xavien Howard faces a loss of:
14 million salary for the year.
7 million dollar signing bonus paid back.
6 million in fines for holding out the season.

Yikes!
I think there's 0% chance he holds out that long. It wouldn't make sense for him to hold out for the year. He loses too much that way and even if he did miss the year and get a deal with another team in 2022 his value will have decreased due to his age and the fact that he missed a season.I think the options are:

a - Howard caves and plays 2021 on originial deal with no guaranteed $$$ for 2022.
b- Dolphins agree to guarantee 2022 salary and maybe a slight increase in terms of bonus.
c- Howard gets traded and gets new deal elsewhere.

I think there's 0% chance he holds out that long. It wouldn't make sense for him to hold out for the year. He loses too much that way and even if he did miss the year and get a deal with another team in 2022 his value will have decreased due to his age and the fact that he missed a season.I think the options are:

a - Howard caves and plays 2021 on originial deal with no guaranteed $$$ for 2022.
b- Dolphins agree to guarantee 2022 salary and maybe a slight increase in terms of bonus.
c- Howard gets traded and gets new deal elsewhere.
0%? Then why pay him? Maybe, Miami agrees.

Both holding out is the only similarity that matters. There are so many posts against X like....he needs to honor his contract, he is a whinny B, he should have kept it in house, he is putting himself over the team. And these are being used to say cut him, trade him, he's the worst human to ever be born, how dare he not be simply grateful because he is a boy playing a child's game (I can't cover all the amazing posts). So asking those that feel that way how they feel about the Rodgers situation would tell a lot. A whole hell of alot. So, that's why I'm curious.

I’m not saying any of those things. Is his guaranteed money lower than it should be, yes, but that is the world we live in. Contracts change as the cap rises. Howard just signed a new deal, making him the highest paid CB at the time. A lot of faith was shown from the organization, to a player who was injured, who’s as on alleged assault charges, and who has played 60something% of games since entering the league. He is going about this all wrong, and having a new agent that wants his cut, certainly doesn’t help.

And both holding out is not the only similarity that matters. Not all holdouts are the same, and I’ll gladly support a player over the organization, if the reasoning is right imo. Rodgers has more a right than X does. Rodgers didn’t just sign a new deal, and is holding out because Mahomes got a better one. Rodgers, and others, have been pretty much begging for offensive help for years now, and they refuse to help him. In the past 10 years, two offensive side players were selected in the first round of the draft, and one of those two is his inevitable replacement. He’s holding out because he’s tired of the situation, and he wants to win.

If my math is correct Xavien Howard faces a loss of:
14 million salary for the year.
7 million dollar signing bonus paid back.
6 million in fines for holding out the season.

Yikes!

BUT he’ll really get to show the Dolphins he’s no nonsense. Who’s really the boss.

No he doesn’t have the “right”. He signed a contract NOT TO sit out he gave up that right. What part about that don’t you get? Right now, he’s in violation of a legally binding contract he signed. Hence the fines and everything else.

His contract wasn’t voided. He’s in complete violation.

He’s right would have been to never sign the contract and sit out. A specific clause that he can sit out(which the contract very likely doesn’t have) or retire.
It's a labor contract. You can't force people into labor in the US (well supposedly, but there are several here that wish you can). X has every right not to work. Miami has every right not to pay him and fine him. X doesn't have a right to get a job with the other 31 teams in the cartel but he most certainly has a right not to show for Miami.

He should do that. Skip TC and the Season as is his right according to some. That will really show the Dolphins who’s in charge. Not to mention I believe he would incur and additional year on his contract for services not rendered.
You're getting there ANU....he has the right to do it all!!!

No longer.

The new rule this year prevents teams from waiving fines. It's in the new CBA.
This is accurate for players not on rookie contract. I believe when I read the CBA it didn't include those. I'm not 100%, are you able to confirm?

This is accurate for players not on rookie contract. I believe when I read the CBA it didn't include those. I'm not 100%, are you able to confirm?
I believe this is true. I'm sure there is a reason for the distinction, but no idea what that might be.

I believe this is true. I'm sure there is a reason for the distinction, but no idea what that might be.
I wasn't able to really pin point why either which made me keep questioning it...

Back
Top Bottom