Howdy from Houston again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howdy from Houston again

Grid

What? no Texans flag?
Reaction score
how you folks doin? havent seen yall since game 1 last season.

Well looks like im forced to associate with ya again:lol: , seeing as yall are one of the more interested teams in the Henson deal.

So, i see that yall are "somewhat" split. Some of you feel that you should trade your first rounder for henson, more of you feel that you should get Ramsey instead.. and some of you feel that you should trade next seasons 1st rounder for henson.

Well I cant tell ya what my Texan's front office is gonna do.. but I know that alot of us fans want a pick this year. See, when the Texans first started up, Capers and company(our coaches) said that in 3 years we would be competing for the playoffs. Well, here we come into season 3 and we want that playoff birth :). Of course, we are fans and we want everything NOW! just like every other fan hehe.. our front office may decide they are better off taking a 1st rounder next year.

Anyway..im running my mouth.. i had a reason for posting :).

I was curious if any of yall have changed your mind about the Henson Ramsey thing.. now that Henson has had an impressive workout?

btw.. yall have any big defensive linemen yall would be willing to trade? we are looking at our defense this off season.. and a 3rd rounder and a good defensive lineman could be a sweeter deal than your first rounder. at least from our perspective.

I sure hope we don't offer our 1st rounder for Henson. With only 8 college games the guy is all potential. IMHO if he enters the draft he won't go till the top of the 2nd round -maybe the end of the 1st if GB bites.

With Ben, Eli, Rivers, and Losman already in the mix this draft has a fair amount of QB talent.

Nice job by Casserly beating the bushes to try to force the price up. Who knows maybe someone (even us) will be crazy enough to pull the trigger.

Originally posted by Grid
...So, i see that yall are "somewhat" split. Some of you feel that you should trade your first rounder for henson, more of you feel that you should get Ramsey instead.. and some of you feel that you should trade next seasons 1st rounder for henson...

I don't think the plan is to trade a first round pick for anyone.

I could see us giving a conditional 2005 pick for Henson...2nd or 3rd round.

Ramsey is not available and won't be. So, that is just in the fantasy realm.

Henson seems to have all the physical tools. We need to know what his mental capacity is before any triggers are pulled. If he has a low Wonderlic score that could knock down his value a bit.

But, don't expect us to be given y'all a first rounder. Don't be greedy.

Tell you what....Give us henson and YOUR number 1 and we'll give you OGUN and OUR number 1...............

Take it?

The only way Miami trades for Henson is if Mark Trestman says he can make Henson "Great".. I didn't get this from anything or read it anywhere, but I believe Trestman has big time say on if Miami should trade for a QB for which the QB is..

If Trestman says he can do it.. Miami might pull it off..

If Miami was really impressed with Henson today, I could see a possible trade occuring. However, it will not involve a first round pick. At most, the Texans will get a 2nd rounder in 2005. Henson hasn't played football in three years and he just isn't worth a first rounder because of the inexperience.

We have Ogun to trade he is a big DL and one of the best in the AFC at least with Taylor drawing all the double teams may be a little different when he is the one getting doubled up on

Originally posted by Brad528
We have Ogun to trade he is a big DL and one of the best in the AFC at least with Taylor drawing all the double teams may be a little different when he is the one getting doubled up on

Ok time to clear up this incorrectness and myth.

Fact: Teams slide pass protection to J.T. In other words they will use a guard/tackle and maybe even a fullback/halfback to chip.

Myth: J.T. draws all the double teams. This is not true. Ogun faces double teams all the time to however he will face the RT and the TE.

So the big question isn't whether he can handle double teams the question is can he take the pass protection sliding to his side and having the RB/FB as extra or the combo of a RT/Guard smacking him.

Personally I could care less who the new QB is as long as it's somebody that can get us to the Super Bowl!

Originally posted by Brad528

No we don't, he's a RFA meaning he can't be traded.

The ball's entirely in Henson's court on this one. If he decides that he wants to play for the 'Fins and they offer Houston no more than a 3rd round pick while, say, Green Bay offers their first rounder (remember folks, this is strictly hypothetical) but Henson says he won't sign anywhere but Miami, then the Texans absolutely have to take what Miami's offering otherwise Henson just reenters the draft and they get nothing.

While the chances of this scenario happening are pretty slim, you can see how Henson and his agent essentially control everything at this point because, if the Texans try to get him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go, he just has to tell them "middle finger" and he's back in the draft while they're holding a great big bag of nada!

Welcome back...

After watching your squad last season, its safe to say that your team has a bright future ahead, at times the Texans sure as heck could run with the big boys...

With Indy suffering financially due to the resigning of Peyton, I wouldnt be surprised if the Texans begin to make some noise...

As for our first round pick, I only see it going to another team under 1 possible scenario...

1st round pick + Wally Ogunleye + maybe a third to slip into the top 5 in the draft, again the draft isnt my fortay....and this scenario is highly unlikely...

I know that Speil is in a spot where he could pull the trigger, and he seems like an aggresive type of guy, and Wanny used to hold him down....watch for Speil to make some noise in some shape or form on draft day...

The more likely scenario IMO is that they give their 1st and third to trade up a couple slots to have a better chance of nabbing Phillip Rivers, because he will impress in camp and his stock will rise...

Risks can yield great reward, but most of the time the risks dont work out, and thats the whole deal with Henson, and thats what some of these fans are worried about...

Originally posted by Grid
how you folks doin? havent seen yall since game 1 last season.

Well looks like im forced to associate with ya again:lol: , seeing as yall are one of the more interested teams in the Henson deal.

So, i see that yall are "somewhat" split. Some of you feel that you should trade your first rounder for henson, more of you feel that you should get Ramsey instead.. and some of you feel that you should trade next seasons 1st rounder for henson.

Well I cant tell ya what my Texan's front office is gonna do.. but I know that alot of us fans want a pick this year. See, when the Texans first started up, Capers and company(our coaches) said that in 3 years we would be competing for the playoffs. Well, here we come into season 3 and we want that playoff birth :). Of course, we are fans and we want everything NOW! just like every other fan hehe.. our front office may decide they are better off taking a 1st rounder next year.

Anyway..im running my mouth.. i had a reason for posting :).

I was curious if any of yall have changed your mind about the Henson Ramsey thing.. now that Henson has had an impressive workout?

btw.. yall have any big defensive linemen yall would be willing to trade? we are looking at our defense this off season.. and a 3rd rounder and a good defensive lineman could be a sweeter deal than your first rounder. at least from our perspective.
good to see you again Grid.....from what I remember, you are a fine poster and by reading the board before you posted here, you proved once again that you 'get it' when it comes to MB ettiquete....thanks.

as to your question....Me personally, I would like to see Henson go back into the draft myself.....two reasons.....If we were to get him then, it wouldn't cost us an extra draft pick.....and if the QB pool were deeper I would have confidence that we could actually get the QB I really want.....Phillip Rivers....

If that doesn't happen.....I would want to give no higher than a second NEXT year as a few have stated already.....

The only exception I would make is if you guys agree to sign O-gun which would give us your first because of what we would tender him at......and then we would give you our first for Henson.....I could live with that.....could you?

Originally posted by Section126
Tell you what....Give us henson and YOUR number 1 and we'll give you OGUN and OUR number 1...............

Take it?

Sounds good to me.

We sign ogun and trade him...

Back
Top Bottom