Howdy from Houston again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howdy from Houston again

a conditional 2nd round pick next year for the 4th ranked QB in the draft..

sure that sounds great :p.

seriously.. it doesnt matter if we paid 10 dollars and a package of postit notes for him.. he is worth more than a conditional 2nd rounder next season.. and I dont see us just giving him away to another team for such a small price.

you may not be in our division but you ARE competition.. for a deal to work, everyone has to profit..or at least break even. we arent going to give you a great player and get nothing in return.

Originally posted by Grid

I was curious if any of yall have changed your mind about the Henson Ramsey thing.. now that Henson has had an impressive workout?

i like henson, but let's be honest that workout was just to see if he could still throw the ball. No defense, no game simulation really. he knew what passes they were going to ask him to throw and had time to work on them beforehand. Didnt see much PT in college. I'm big on henson and like his upside, but 2nd round conditional next year is the most i'd give for him and i think thats fair. If another team wants to give more, then more power to them and good luck.

seriously.. it doesnt matter if we paid 10 dollars and a package of postit notes for him.. he is worth more than a conditional 2nd rounder next season.. and I dont see us just giving him away to another team for such a small price.

you may not be in our division but you ARE competition.. for a deal to work, everyone has to profit..or at least break even. we arent going to give you a great player and get nothing in return.

ok, profit this. We snag Rivers at 20, Henson leaves you empty handed. Kind of makes that 2nd rounder next year look good doesn't it?

You can sit here and think Henson is worth something, but he's not. He's played a total of 8 football games outside of HIGH SCHOOL. he had a good work out...well guess what, So did Ray Lucas when he came in. Ryan leaf had good work outs too. The name "work outs" doesn't contain the word GAME for a reason. Game situations are much different than throwin a ball in a private work out. FYI that's why the Pre-season record doesn't count as well. Until he proves to me that he can read defenses well, take the hits, and play smart with the ball, he's just another "prospect" player. In case you haven't noticed, we already have a prospect QB at #3.

You may be correct, however the funny part is its really not up to you. Henson can simply not sign and go draft or refuse to sign with the new team etc. He controlls where he goes and the Texans really take what that team gives. Its not quite as simple as that but the point is Henson has MORE control than the team does and he dictates where he goes.:lol: Hope he likes a warm climate.

Id say we give up our second next year with a condition that it goes to a first if he throws 50+ passes as a phin next year. If they dont bite and pitt or buff pick him up for more then that means one more team out of the rivers sweepstakes. It will be good hes in the mix for us either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
*rolls eyes* i already said, henson wont be in the draft.. he will be traded because he wants to be traded. and you may not think he is worth a thing but the teams at his workout did. if he proves he has the mental toughness to be a QB then he will be traded to someone else for more than a conditional 2nd rounder next year :p

there is no way we are gonna come up empty handed on this deal now. But if yall think you have a better chance of getting a quality QB better than henson at the #20 spot.. more power to ya. if yall dont snag henson.. its gonna be interesting to see how your QB situation pans out.

Not to rain on the houston parade it was a good move to pick him up with a 6th rounder but you have to remember henson has most of the power in this deal he will not sign if he doesnt like the deal.If he likes certain teams those are the ones houston is going to have to deal with. hesnson "I cant stand greenbay and i dont want to play there" houston cant trade him to GB Houston should get signifacant(sp) compenstation for their sixth round pick last year but I doubt many teams are willing to part with a first considering the circumstances.

*rolls eyes* i already said, henson wont be in the draft.. he will be traded because he wants to be traded. and you may not think he is worth a thing but the teams at his workout did. if he proves he has the mental toughness to be a QB then he will be traded to someone else for more than a conditional 2nd rounder next year :p

there is no way we are gonna come up empty handed on this deal now. But if yall think you have a better chance of getting a quality QB better than henson at the #20 spot.. more power to ya. if yall dont snag henson.. its gonna be interesting to see how your QB situation pans out.

What in the h@ll is wrong with a conditional second rounder?
(it could become a first if he takes like half of our snaps or something to that effect).
YOU GAVE UP NOTHING FOR HIM AND THERE ARE STILL A TON OF QUESTION MARKS WITH HIM!!
I think this trade benefits BOTH sides, not just us.
I don't know why you think Henson is THAT valuable. He is a HUGE risk. He has been out of football three years now. Look at what everyone is saying about Clarrett and he's started more games than Henson AND is only ONE year removed from playing football. He is in a very comparable situation.

Originally posted by unclemonty

What in the h@ll is wrong with a conditional second rounder?
(it could become a first if he takes like half of our snaps or something to that effect).
YOU GAVE UP NOTHING FOR HIM AND THERE ARE STILL A TON OF QUESTION MARKS WITH HIM!!
I think this trade benefits BOTH sides, not just us.
I don't know why you think Henson is THAT valuable. He is a HUGE risk. He has been out of football three years now. Look at what everyone is saying about Clarrett and he's started more games than Henson AND is only ONE year removed from playing football. He is in a very comparable situation.

Houston wins bigtime from a 6th round pick to a 2nd. that is a big jump. some ppl are just too greedy. ehhehe.

If you bargain too hard you may lose him for nothing to the draft!

It IS a win win.... we get a QB and you get a 2nd round pick for a 6th the 6th you used. Who on draft day ever gets a 2nd round pick for a 6th?

grid, the Miami coaches took drew out for dinner and the one thing they made a point to go over with him, is game situations...or how he would respond in certain game situations....the workout means that he can throw a football....i forget which GM it was but, one of them made a very astute statement concerning the relevance of his workout yesterday...he said, "there are alot of guys who can throw a football that tend bar for a living."

you can't escape the fact that he only played 8 college games and he hasn't played football in three years.....that is one he// of a learning gap....One that makes it a 99%* surety that he won't be of any help at all next season to whatever team gets him.....the way I figure Rivers has at least a 30%* chance of playing next year if we were to get him instead..

*-Percentage figures pulled out of my a$$ to make a point.:D

Last edited:
Originally posted by inFINSible
grid, the Miami coaches took drew out for dinner and the one thing they made a point to go over with him, is game situations...or how he would respond in certain game situations....the workout means that he can throw a football....i forget which GM it was but, one of them made a very astute statement concerning the relevance of his workout yesterday...he said, "there are alot of guys who can throw a football that tend bar for a living."

you can't escape the fact that he only played 8 college games and he hasn't played football in three years.....that is one he// of a learning gap....One that makes it a 99%* surety that he won't be of any help at all next season to whatever team gets him.....the way I figure Rivers has at least a 30%* chance of playing next year if we were to get him instead..

*-Percentage figures pulled out of my a$$ to make a point.:D

I'll take the 30% and raise it another 30% for a grand total of
60% chance Rivers could play next season. LOL

Seriously, Rivers might be the most ready to start out of all the prospects. He is that good. He is better in games than he is in practice and that is what matters most. He also elevates his play in the big game (something we could definitely use).

Originally posted by unclemonty

I'll take the 30% and raise it another 30% for a grand total of
60% chance Rivers could play next season. LOL

Seriously, Rivers might be the most ready to start out of all the prospects. He is that good. He is better in games than he is in practice and that is what matters most. He also elevates his play in the big game (something we could definitely use).

If we do pick Rivers, I say he starts mid season or sooner depending on who our starting QB is going to be.

...look at it from your perspective, a QB is yalls #1 priority this off season right? ...

Not exactly. We have a couple other positions that are of (at the very least) equal importance.

I don't think anyone in the league would expect Henson to be able to play THIS year.

The more likely scenerio is to give next years 2nd round pick (conditional of course), when his value reaches that level.

If we are set to take a QB with our #1 pick...the likely choice would be Rivers because he has more experience and could theoretically step in at mid-season.

Our other first round needs are on the offensive line and at WR.

This year we are more likely to pick up a VET QB with the intention of winning NOW. Realistically, Henson is a 3 year project with a great upside.

If you guys need a cornerback...we have a former first round pick that we would trade straight up for Henson. Jamar Fletcher is awesome and he would be a great fit for your team. With Madison & Surtain...we just don't have room for his cap hit.

Back
Top Bottom