Howdy from Houston again | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howdy from Houston again

Originally posted by phinphanbill
We can't do a sign and trade of Ogun! Whatever signing bonus he gets would be assessed to our cap number for 2004. DE's are getting around $12-15 million in bonus money.

Sure we can. We can trade him to anyone we want. For a trade to be consumated, Wally will work out a deal with the other team. Then he simply signs the tender (worth ~$1.95 million....no bonus), we trade him, then he signs his new deal after his rights change hands. We incur no cap hit.

So technically, it's a "sign-and-trade-and-sign". :)

I wouldn't be opposed to sending our 2005 #2 to Houston for Henson. I think that's a good deal for a guy who will be a stud IMO.

well Clandestin just did a better job of selling Henson in one post than I did in all 2000 of mine :)

I think we will end up getting a good deal for him.. id like to see him go to miami cause #1, i think we could get a good deal from yall for him.. since yall need a good young QB and are *probably* gonna try and pick one up in round 1 this year, and #2, because your team has so much potential, id like to see how yall do with a REAL quarterback behind you. Maybe Henson could do what Dan never got to do.

and have your people call my people themole... we will do lunch and discuss it.

Originally posted by Grid
well Clandestin just did a better job of selling Henson in one post than I did in all 2000 of mine :)

I think we will end up getting a good deal for him.. id like to see him go to miami cause #1, i think we could get a good deal from yall for him.. since yall need a good young QB and are *probably* gonna try and pick one up in round 1 this year, and #2, because your team has so much potential, id like to see how yall do with a REAL quarterback behind you. Maybe Henson could do what Dan never got to do.

and have your people call my people themole... we will do lunch and discuss it.

:up: Got friends in Humble...set it up there.:D

what others are saying/doing.

here is the latest news from Buffalo
http://www.nfl-fans.com/index.php?showtopic=15685

Mel Kiper has "suggested" that the Chargers may give their second round pick this year. Nice deal for them.. Henson and Fitzgerald.

I havent seen any news on the pack yet.. but they are considered (by some) to be your biggest rival at this point.

Back
Top Bottom