*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

That would be nice, I like Whipple. Seemed to do a pretty good job of helping to develop Big Ben in Pittsburgh.

I am 99.9% sure that it is indeed going to be Mark Whipple.

They gotta let this loose soon. This is a huge recruiting weekend. We need some excitement on campus. It's hard enough recruiting top notch prospects when the past three years have either been no bowl or mediocre bowl.

They gotta let this loose soon. This is a huge recruiting weekend. We need some excitement on campus. It's hard enough recruiting top notch prospects when the past three years have either been no bowl or mediocre bowl.

Randy Shannon isn't even on campus at the moment.

Chris, because Shannon isn't on campus, I have no idea when an announcement will come but it looks like I should get some confirmation on Whipple at some point today.

Can anybody tell me if Ken Norton the LB coach from USC is a candidate for D.C. or is it just a rumor. He sounds like the perfect hire to me. Hes an amazing recrutiter that has connections in Cali and developed plenty of all american LB's. If we cud get more recruits from Cali while having Fla on lock wed bring in more talent then we ever had. He doesnt have DC expirience at the college level but Randy wants to run the show anyway. For the recruiting and LB developing I dont think we can let this guy slip.
It wont let me post the link but type in google ken noton as potenial DC.

Two more new Hurricanes onboard - QB Austin Boucher and DE Shayon Green.

Both 2 star recruits (source Scout.com)

Boucher, from Ohio, is 6"1 and 190. 2007: Threw for 1,458 yards and 15 touchdowns

Green is a DE/OLB from Georgia and lists as 6'2 and 220. A defensive end for his Tift County team, Green is a high motor player that gives outstanding effort on every play. He needs to work on his quickness in all aspects from first step to lateral movement to change of direction, but with his effort level, and the proper strength and conditioning, he has the potential to be a productive college player.

Malcolm Bunche signed. They got some big guys on that line. Wheeler, Johnson, Bunche, Washington and possibly Hall. Looking good.

Bunche did commit today. I felt like he would as soon as he decommitted from Rutgers. We're wrapping up another top class. If Marcus Hall comes, and I think it's a longshot, we're looking at a huge class. I'm not even worried about Bryce Brown.

I don't know if the Randle visit happened for sure. I haven't talked to his brother in about a week. I would say that it did happen though. Shannon makes his visits if the kid is willing and I know that the Randle family was looking forward to the visit. I still think it is highly unlikely that Randle takes an official visit at this point. I've moved on from it. I wanted that kid badly.

Also, a couple of names that I'm hearing for the vacant Defensive Coordinator spot are Dick Bumpas of TCU, and brad Lambert of Wake Forest. I think Norton is a longshot. Highly unlikely. Norton is a great recruiter but Randy needs someone he can trust with what is still his defense. If you ask me, Dick Bumpas is the guy we want. Go take a look at what Dick Bumpas has done with the defenses he has been in control of and see if you don't agree with me. My early favorite was Greg Mattison but I knew that would never happen since Rex Ryan took the Jets job. I fully expected Greg Mattison to be promoted to Rex's spot.

looks like the whipple hiring is all but a forgone conclusion

UM hires new offensive coordinator

CORAL GABLES - The University of Miami is expected to announce Mark Whipple as its new offensive coordinator Tuesday.

Whipple, who spent the past two seasons as an offensive assistant with the Philadelphia Eagles, was unavailable for the comment. Neither the Eagles or UM would confirm the hire, but a source said they are only awaiting a "few human-resource issues."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-0126umcoach,0,2363813.story

Is it true Miami only has 15 scholarships available next year? Next year is supposed to be loaded with talent why are we giving guys like Austin Boucher a scholarship instead of saving them. Does anybody know that or how many more we have avalible this year?

Also I got a pretty good feeling on Sheldon Richardson.

Back
Top Bottom