*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

I also heard about Jeff Luc being a silent commit. The sad thing is, I feel more comfortable about a silent commit then the guys who say out loud that they are a commit. Have you heard anything about Alec Ogletree?

There are a lot of exciting playmakers in South Florida in next years class aren't there? I hope Shannon can get a few of those guys, but more importantly addressing the O-line and D-line, which he's already doing. I think next year's class will be at least as good as '08.

I also heard about Jeff Luc being a silent commit. The sad thing is, I feel more comfortable about a silent commit then the guys who say out loud that they are a commit. Have you heard anything about Alec Ogletree?

There are a lot of exciting playmakers in South Florida in next years class aren't there? I hope Shannon can get a few of those guys, but more importantly addressing the O-line and D-line, which he's already doing. I think next year's class will be at least as good as '08.

I haven't heard anything about Ogletree but I'll see what I can find out. The 2010 class is supposed to be one of the very best classes in a decade. South Florida is absolutely loaded with rish talent this year. I know that Miami will target and is targeting Ivan McCartney. Shannon wants this kid in the worst way. Chris Dunkley is another big name that Miami will offer eventually but we'll be in a dog fight with the Gators to get him. Many say Dunkley is a better high school player than Andre Debose. Urban will certainly use the "you're the next Percy Harvin" line to sell Dunkley. Keion Payne and LaMarcus Joyner are huge names in the state but if Payne gets an offer from Florida State, and offer to Joyner would almost immediately follow and I would expect both to go to Florida State and commit immediately.

I haven't heard anything about Ogletree but I'll see what I can find out. The 2010 class is supposed to be one of the very best classes in a decade. South Florida is absolutely loaded with rish talent this year. I know that Miami will target and is targeting Ivan McCartney. Shannon wants this kid in the worst way. Chris Dunkley is another big name that Miami will offer eventually but we'll be in a dog fight with the Gators to get him. Many say Dunkley is a better high school player than Andre Debose. Urban will certainly use the "you're the next Percy Harvin" line to sell Dunkley. Keion Payne and LaMarcus Joyner are huge names in the state but if Payne gets an offer from Florida State, and offer to Joyner would almost immediately follow and I would expect both to go to Florida State and commit immediately.

Yeah, like Urban's already used that line to get Thompson and Debose. I've actually read that McCartney is possibly a silent commit as well, but who knows. There looks to be so many RB's and WR's in South Florida, that we can't miss with whoever we get. Joyner would be nice, but I also don't think he'll be a Cane. But like you said, Shannon's doing a good job of getting those linemen now, who will probably be harder to lock up, and can go after those playmakers later. It's a good strategy.

Alright, here's what I got on Ogletree. They say he's a 'Cane lean for now but in the end it's gonna come down to whether or not we start winning. Apparently, he has a twin brother as well and they would like to stay together. Both were in attendance for the FSU Spring Game and FSU has offered both players. FSU said that Alec's brother was a better player but my guys are saying bull**** and that this is a tactic the 'Noles are using to land Alec. Alec is listed as the top prospect in the state of Georgia as of right now and the guy I talked to said that while he is a Safety in high school, it's very possible that he could make the move to Linebacker once he gets to the college level.

Word around the AD right now is that all-purpose back, Jahkari Gore has silently committed to Miami but we might see a verbal commit by the end of the week. Not really much of a surprise here.

Glades Central tight end 13th commitment for UM

Glades Central tight end Clive Walford isn't concerned about the current state of the Miami football program.

He's more in tune with the past.

UM's tradition is what helped it recently receive a verbal commitment from Walford.

"I felt comfortable at the school," said Walford, who has not played football since his freshman season while concentrating on basketball. "The history of the school, what type of players that have played there played a big part in my decision."

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Walford chose UM over Florida State, FIU, Purdue and Indiana. He is UM's 13th verbal commitment for 2010.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...hurricanes-commitment-sbjul22,0,5430645.story

Jeff Luc

Know this name lol. Kid is a BEAST and the big three in the state are hard after this kid. He might be the most NFL ready linebacker straight out of high school EVER. 17 years-old with a body like that lol.

655329-1.jpg

Word around the AD right now is that all-purpose back, Jahkari Gore has silently committed to Miami but we might see a verbal commit by the end of the week. Not really much of a surprise here.
I had heard that he tried to commit but the staff said he was too late. And have you heard anything about our chances at Luc?

Luc was at the Seminole Showcase recently and was very impressed from what I was told. Most players at that Showcase came away impressed. Corey Lemonier, Brandon Willis, Corey Miller, Chris Dunkley, etc. But we will be in the Jeff Luc sweepstakes until the end.

Current Hurricane commit Tavadis Glenn was invited to the Gators camp but was thrown out after repeatedly throwing up the U and being overall obnoxious and disrespectful to the Gator camp tonight.

I have a new favorite recruit lmao.

Current Hurricane commit Tavadis Glenn was invited to the Gators camp but was thrown out after repeatedly throwing up the U and being overall obnoxious and disrespectful to the Gator camp tonight.

sounds like soemthing i would do.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=968431

School OL Tavadis Glenn is a Hurricane commitment.

But he hadn't attended many camps and says he decided "at the last minute" to attend the University of Florida's Friday Night Lights camp July 24.

"I hadn't attended that many camps - I just wanted to show my face, show what I can do," Glenn said.

But the camp ended prematurely for Glenn.

"It was during one on one drills - I threw up the U," Glenn said. "My coach was in the stands and he's a Hurricane fan. He was egging me on.

"Then the Florida Gators (coaches), they came up - they got mad, said I couldn't participate. They said it's not a Miami Hurricane camp.

"I was just like, `Huh, are you all serious?' And I just walked off the field. The guys I know that were there were saying `Why'd they kick you off?'"

PRICELESS!!!

LOL...nice!

Back
Top Bottom