*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Update:

Gator coaches have been calling the Raines coaches to apologize about the Tavadis Glenn situation that occured last Friday night. They've also setup meetings with those coaches this week because they don't want bad ties to the school. The Gators have been getting KILLED for tossing Glenn from the camp.

Gators QB coach, Scot Loeffler, has tried a few times to contact a friend of mine because he can't get ahold of Glenn personally lol. These dudes aren't having it.

Update:

Gator coaches have been calling the Raines coaches to apologize about the Tavadis Glenn situation that occured last Friday night. They've also setup meetings with those coaches this week because they don't want bad ties to the school. The Gators have been getting KILLED for tossing Glenn from the camp.

Gators QB coach, Scot Loeffler, has tried a few times to contact a friend of mine because he can't get ahold of Glenn personally lol. These dudes aren't having it.

That's awesome. There is no team in any sport: college or professional that i hate more than the gaytors.

Haha I read that. You and I have a lot of love and a lot of hate for the exact same teams. Damn those Buffalo Bills!

Haha I read that. You and I have a lot of love and a lot of hate for the exact same teams. Damn those Buffalo Bills!

Sorry i haven't gotten back to you about the Falcon ticket. I've been so busy packing for my upcoming move this weekend, i haven't had time to look into it.

btw, Can you believe Jorge Milian really thinks Sam Shields will be starting at corner opening day?

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/caneswatch/2009/07/22/fastest-cane-sam-shields-turns-the-corner/

Little bit of a stretch dontcha think? I understand he likes his size and speed and i do think he will contribute this season but i would be really surprised to see him starting vs FSU

It actually wouldn't surprise me that much because I know how Shannon has his loyalty to the Juniors and Seniors. But Sam Shields is the BEST cover man on special teams in the country. On punt and kickoff coverage, Sam is beastly. But in the secondary, Vaughn Telemaque is the name to watch for.

;)

It actually wouldn't surprise me that much because I know how Shannon has his loyalty to the Juniors and Seniors. But Sam Shields is the BEST cover man on special teams in the country. On punt and kickoff coverage, Sam is beastly. But in the secondary, Vaughn Telemaque is the name to watch for.

;)

i've got my eyes on brandon squared - i'm hoping both will have breakout years

Look what I found over on CuntSport.

clear.gif

Hey JCane - any news on the recruiting front? Any news on Linder, Dunkley, Luc, Lemonier, etc.?

Lemonier to Illinois if you can believe that lol.

Jeff Luc is still up in the air. He was in Gainesville over the weekend for the Florida - Tennessee game. Chris Dunkley was there as well. Dunkley to Florida is damn near a done deal unfortunately but we're still hard after Ivan McCartney.

Brandon Linder was at the Georgia Tech game on Thursday night and came away impressed. Below is some stuff I got from a recruiting expert.

While it isn't being made public just yet I can tell you that the Miami Hurricanes are making some surprising, and huge impressions on prospects around the state of Florida. Here are a few quotes from a few big fish out there.

Ricardo Allen "They're back. Extremely impressed with their secondary the first two games in how aggressive they play".

O.J. Ross "You would be crazy not to be impressed with that receiving group. I've been interested in Miami for a while but they have stated they want to see me in action".

Jeff Luc "They play with a lot of confidence and I've been very impressed with what I've so far”.

Brandon Linder "Offensive line is really cleaning up. In my opion that's the most impressive unit on their team right now. Miami is clearly back and I was pretty excited watching it. Put me down as being impressed”.

Ivan McCartney “They’re going to really be tough to handle throughout the season. Confidence and swagger is back. You can see it in their eyes and to be honest I don’t know how you don’t come away impressed by this start”.

Demar Dorsey “I’ve always been high on Miami but this gives me a great deal to think about because I came away extremely impressed in how they utilize their secondary. Great start for Miami”.

B.J. Butler “Wow, not sure you can say anything else right now. Looks like a totally different team from a year ago”.

Keion Payne “I told you were back”

Now in other news I’m sure you have heard speculation about a few big stars that the Hurricanes have moved up their list for. One, while I knew this for over a month I was asked to keep it a little quiet and was able to release it is Five-star J.R. Ferguson. Ferguson is extremely high on Shannon the defensive schemes he has seen from Miami and that’s what really changed the big time attention to Miami. Right now the Canes are in good shape for him IMO. In addition to Ferguson keep your eyes on the latest developments with Owamagbe Odighizuwa Miami has started to heat things up with Big O according to sources I’ve spoken with around that area. It’s still in the early stages but Miami has started to make their move.

Expected to be Canes????
Not going to beat around the bush with this because I want to cover guys that IMO I feel look pretty good for Miami and that I expect to sign with the Miami Hurricanes. Right now I would say Ivan McCartney, Keion Payne, Eduardo Clements, Jr. Ferguson, Demar Dorsey, Brandon Linder, and Willis Wright are ones where based on my information I expect to pick UM. There are more but these are a few of the big ones.

Now I also know that the recent comments from Jeremy Davis out of Fort Myers after his comments about he’ll always be a Florida fan. I can say that was taken a little out of context about what he actually meant. The guy talking with him pushed him into that comment because he knew Jeremy grew up being a Florida fan. It’s not a big issue IMO because in honesty there have been so many kids that were fans of other schools but once they arrive on campus that crap is squashed. I’ve spoken with the kid and trust me he’s excited about Miami.

Cutting a few loose??
Well anytime you have a loaded class with a lot of different prospects wanting to jump on board, and even a few surprises all around there are a few that could be let go from the Miami commitment list. I think the two most glaring from what I hear, not because of skills but just numbers is Pace QB Stephen Morris and Raheam Buxton.

Morris has been inconsistent and to be honest he’s started to revert back to old bad technique with his throws and obviously to me that’s very disappointing. Buxton on the other hand has done pretty well but when you are heading back for the top Miami knows the possibility of landing a higher talent is very likely so he’s on a little shaky ground there. The Canes might even have to cut three more. I can tell you after the first two games guys the attention from top recruits has probably doubled with recruits trying to set up visits or contact Miami for the first time. I can’t quite go into those names yet because I’d like to wait until the visits are set but there should be some interesting unofficial visits throughout the year to say the least. I will say this that five of the prospects are rated inside the FV Top 100 top 35.

Is the commitment for Torrian Wilson solid??
I will say that the reasons Torrian gave are very legit because the family wants a very good education for their son. However, on the football side this commitment isn’t exactly firm at this stage. I’ll just say that I wouldn’t strike him off your list yet. Wilson will take an unofficial to Miami around Week 6 I believe. I should also clarify that the academic part is solid for Torrian but he’s still keeping the door open.

Has the ship sailed for Jakhari Gore??
This is probably the saddest report I’ve had to make. What’s sad about this is how much a talented kid wants to attend a school but Miami just waited too long. Although Gore is saying the right things I fully expect at this point for Gore to sign with the LSU Tigers. Miami backed away and just took too long in getting back to Gore. Could it still happen? Yes but the odds aren’t near as strong as they once were. Miami has kept in close tabs for the past few weeks but my friends it looks like the damage is done. Obviously this is one bit of news I will continue to follow but based on the relationship and bond he has built at LSU with Miles it’s going to be hard to see the tide switching for Gore. I’ll keep you informed.

In other news Miami continues to really turn up the heat for Terrence Mitchell from Hillsborough. What has impressed Mitchell about Miami is how he can play a number of positions over there at Miami. He really likes Coach Hurtt the best and I would say the bond is much stronger than it was even a month ago. FSU is still in the lead but Miami has moved up there with UGA now so this is something I will clearly keep an eye out for.

More names are coming guys as I feel it’s the right time to release them or I have the situation 100% confirmed. You guys have a great weekend and if you could keep me in mind as I have a family member that is very sick so that has taken a great deal of my time, and strength lately. Take care. Much like any report post them in here and I will answer them throughout the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom