*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Lemonier to Illinois if you can believe that lol.

Jeff Luc is still up in the air. He was in Gainesville over the weekend for the Florida - Tennessee game. Chris Dunkley was there as well. Dunkley to Florida is damn near a done deal unfortunately but we're still hard after Ivan McCartney.

Brandon Linder was at the Georgia Tech game on Thursday night and came away impressed. Below is some stuff I got from a recruiting expert.

good stuff, jc :hi5:

Thanks for the insider knowledge and updates JCane. Much appreciated.
:thanks:

Lemonier to Illinois if you can believe that lol.

Jeff Luc is still up in the air. He was in Gainesville over the weekend for the Florida - Tennessee game. Chris Dunkley was there as well. Dunkley to Florida is damn near a done deal unfortunately but we're still hard after Ivan McCartney.

Brandon Linder was at the Georgia Tech game on Thursday night and came away impressed. Below is some stuff I got from a recruiting expert.

Wow, I can't believe that. I thought Lemonier and Linder were ours, with Luc and Dunkley strong gator leans, but that they would consider us if we had a good season.

I must say that I'm concerned with all of the "sleepers" in this class. There's so much talent at WR and RB, and I know we're stacked, but we have to get some of that talent coming in. And of course, we're still lacking depth in the secondary.

However, I'm glad that Shannon and co., are continually emphasizing getting the big guys in the trenches. It's truly what wins games, as we've found out early this season again. But we have a lot of work to do for recruiting this year yet.

I don't think Luc has ever been a Gator lean. I think he wants to come to Miami but his Mom is so hung on up the "Violent image" as portrayed of the city on TV. She's scared for her little boy and that's certainly understandable from a parental perspective. Of the big three, certainly Miami is the most dangerous for a young man. I'd put Florida third for his services with Miami and Florida State 1a and 1b.

Wow, I can't believe that. I thought Lemonier and Linder were ours, with Luc and Dunkley strong gator leans, but that they would consider us if we had a good season.

I must say that I'm concerned with all of the "sleepers" in this class. There's so much talent at WR and RB, and I know we're stacked, but we have to get some of that talent coming in. And of course, we're still lacking depth in the secondary.

However, I'm glad that Shannon and co., are continually emphasizing getting the big guys in the trenches. It's truly what wins games, as we've found out early this season again. But we have a lot of work to do for recruiting this year yet.

I would darned near lay money that Lemonier ends up a Cane in the end, and Linder is definitely a Cane as long as we keep the coaching staff in place.

JCane, what QB's are you hearing about with Miami? I've never liked the Morris commit, and think we panicked a little bit and took a commit there. I u/s the coaching staff was impressed with him in a camp setting, but there is something about translating that to the field once the lights come on. His receivers are raw, his OL is poor, and he is a 2A school playing 6A powers, but you have to do more to be a QB at Miami, and with how important getting the right QB in this class is, I would have preferred we wait.

I'd like to take a QB committed elsewhere and bring them here if we can, or at least get a second QB to provide depth/competition. I doubt we recruit Godfrey, because of his size, but there has to be a few others out there that are interested still?

Jeff Luc committed to Florida State today. Shocking that they're still getting blue chip recruits.

We are getting raped lately. Jeff Luc goes to FSU. Louis Nix leaves for Notre Dame. Jahkari Gore, who I thought was a complete lock, has given his verbal to LSU. Now, LaMarcus Joyner is headed up to Tallahassee. Funny how things change from day to day especially after a coaching change.

None of that is too surprising though, right? I thought we didn't even give a real offer to Gore....

I'm just shocked that FSU is pulling these guys on though....I don't know what they're selling them on. I think FSU will be good next year, but that's because of Ponder. After that - what else is on that team?

It's not too surprising. We never really made an official offer to Gore but I know Gore wanted to be here and I felt like we would open recruitment for him.

Wouldn't count Stoops in just yet. They want to make a run at Kirby Smart first. Jimbo really likes him, but so does UGA and he is a UGA grad. And I don't even know if he would leave Alabama, he could be in line for a HC job if he sticks it out with Nick for a couple more years. Keep an eye on Sal Sunseri the LB coach at Alabama as well.

Back
Top Bottom