Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Riftur, Jan 9, 2018.

1. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Guys its the two CCs consistency and coaching. You cannot churn rosters every 3-4 years and win and yea you need a good coach. Had high hopes for Gase this year but the lack of decipline on the team this year now has me doubtful. A great good coach knows how to run a diciplined team, didn't see that this year.

Spiff likes this.
  2. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

Absolutely, back i the 70's and 80's from what I understand Miami was a huge crime town and I assume partying was a lot harder to do back then. As opposed to today when people think of Miami they think of South Beach and clubs maybe it's just easier to get lost in that lifestyle.

3. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

If we have a draft like the saints had, we will be where the saints are right now. We are not a bad team. We are an average team. Another player or two and we will be a good team

4. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Eh Kenny Still best season in NO is better than his best season as a Dolphin, more yards, more catches, way higher catch%. The only thing that increased with us is his TD's and that can be attributed to the fact that he played with Jimmy Graham and Marques Colton 2 big targets who caught 15 combined TD's while the remaining 18 td's were distributed between 9 players.

5. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

The franchise has been cursed since leaving the Orange Bowl. How else do you explain the futility since 1987? If you listed all the on and off field crap for the past 30 years and melded it into a script you could create an Emmy winning tv series with more episodes than Entourage.

The only plausible explanation is the Indian burial ground theory. Right smack dab under Hard Rock Stadium.

Dolfandenny likes this.
  6. Riftur

Riftur Demon

There are way to many free agents that were good players, came here and sucked, and once they left they were good again. That is what bothers me the most.

7. Riftur

Riftur Demon

Good point. Thats a possibility.

8. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I remember Karlos Dansby. Though he was good with us too. Who else?

9. Riftur

Riftur Demon

We have had way to many FA's who came here and sucked until they left.

10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

Like who?

Give me some examples because I can't think of a lot of them. The ONE guy I think could qualify here off the top of my head is Karlos Dansby, who was actually really good for most of his time in Miami. He showed up looking like a ****ing blimp in 2011 after the lockout and was pretty horrible to start the season before he lost the weight, but overall he was actually good here.

In hindsight although losing Dansby was pretty bad for the defense, I really wasn't that upset about it. Dude rolled into camp in 2011 looking like the Michelin Man and pretty much doomed that defense the first five or six weeks.

11. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes though he’s a more polished player here as he’s gotten older and that’s w/out Brees throwing to him too.

12. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Thanks Brother...

13. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

lol....I remember when the Dolphins used the heat as an advantage, teams hated playing here in September and early October.

14. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

How many QB's took the Dolphins to the playoffs after the Marino era?

15. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Can I count Ronnie Brown?

fin415 likes this.
  16. fowlman11

fowlman11 Member

I'm going with the old indian burial ground under the stadium excuse... hasn't failed me yet...

17. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

I blame the fans. We're so negative. :)

18. raving

raving Starter

This article takes direct aim at the front office in Miami -BAD ORGANIZATION.

In a way I totally agree - you can smell it - the organization has had (and probably still does) no long term plan - no vision. We are soft - we have been soft for decades - I include Shula's last few years here.

We are stuck in mediocreville with no end in sight.

In a way I have given up hope. Its just been to many years and we have stomped by the likes of the Patriots to the point where my fanhood is hanging on by a thread.

I would rather the entire organization collapse, like the Colts did, and have the Dolphins move out of town in the middle of the night then continue to put up with a rudderless, prideless, under talented, poorly managed 8-8 or 7-9 or 6-10 team.

I was impressed with Gase in season one - but by season two his decision to put Jay Cutler in there, the lack of vision to go out and purchase a back up plan if Tannehill's risky knee rehab blew up in our faces (which obviously it did) under drafting and under spending on the linebacker position, poor integration of the talent we have on the roster, inability to get the players to "adjust" Ajayi in the prison yard way (see Full Metal Jacket) , that slovenly useless tight end Julius Thomas that was recruited as if he was at all useful...failure to draft a safety in such a safety rich and deep draft....This team wreaks of mediocrity- no direction.

Gase will be given two seasons - he will likely fail at both - too arrogant to draft a top QB - too smart by a 1/2 to get his players to play with pride week in and week out. And we will be back to getting a coach and starting over, while Gase likely moves on to be the next Vince Lombardi.

It SUCKS being a Dolphin fan! I f..ing HATE it!

DolfanDuBbZ~ likes this.
  19. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

20. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

Such a stupid article. There are players from every team playing on winning teams. Welcome to FA era. Just dumb.

fin415 likes this.
  21. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Wasn’t bellicheat the head coach of the Browns? Ha ha!

22. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Saints have Drew Breese. Jags are going to get beat at Pitt. Tennessee will get beat at New England, unless Mariotta has the game of his career. It takes a quarterback first and foremost. Even Nicky satin had to switch QBs to win.

23. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

I am not a superstitious person, but I am coming around to this theory. Since moving from the Orange Bowl, we have tried just about everything imaginable to sustain success and it has eluded us. From established coaches to new coaches to whatever you can imagine. Bring in a Seminole chief and have him exorcise the demons, or do something.

Dolfandenny likes this.
  24. Trifecta Nation

Trifecta Nation Rookie

Does anyone have the list of quarterbacks we could have had in the last 15 years? That'll make you want to drink. I know Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan are on that list but there's others too. Potentially, anyone who has succeeded and drafted in the last 15 years would be on the list not only because they're on the board when you draft, but you could put draft pick packages together like the Rams and Eagles did recently to go get your guy. Then there's Manning who chose Denver when he was made available to the league , etc.

Just a sickening feeling.

25. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

I have always thought that same thing. It seems like players get to south beach and it is vacation time.

26. Dolfandenny

Dolfandenny Starter

It couldn't hurt right?

27. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

....and then yesterday happened.

28. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

Brady Quinn? Still?