Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html

Pretty amazing how many ex-Dolphin coaches and front office people are having success this year in both college and the NFL. Didn’t even realize Hickey and Gaine are with Buffalo now...

And Minnesota vs New Orleans is a battle between failed Dolphin GMs.

What is up with our organization that people tend to only find success once they leave?

If Gase fails here I could definitely see him being the next on the list of failures to success stories somewhere else.

There are way to many free agents that were good players, came here and sucked, and once they left they were good again. That is what bothers me the most.

I wonder if part of the reason players go to crap when they are here is the allure of South beach.. Especially when it comes to free-agents. With the stories of coaches doing Coke, Malaluga at the club at 8 in the morning. And the texts from incognito of their lifestyles I wonder if players get here and arent as focused as they would be in lets say Green Bay.

Good point. Thats a possibility.

How about all the other ex-Dolphins who have NOT been successful or have been demoted well below the positions they had in Miami? Which is... the overwhelming majority of them?

I'll tell you which two guys we lost are legitimately doing great jobs:

- Nick Saban at Alabama
- Rick Spielman in Minnesota

Funny enough, we probably had to give up on Spielman because of Saban wanting full control.

We have had way to many FA's who came here and sucked until they left.

We have had way to many FA's who came here and sucked until they left.

Like who?

Give me some examples because I can't think of a lot of them. The ONE guy I think could qualify here off the top of my head is Karlos Dansby, who was actually really good for most of his time in Miami. He showed up looking like a ****ing blimp in 2011 after the lockout and was pretty horrible to start the season before he lost the weight, but overall he was actually good here.

In hindsight although losing Dansby was pretty bad for the defense, I really wasn't that upset about it. Dude rolled into camp in 2011 looking like the Michelin Man and pretty much doomed that defense the first five or six weeks.

Eh Kenny Still best season in NO is better than his best season as a Dolphin, more yards, more catches, way higher catch%. The only thing that increased with us is his TD's and that can be attributed to the fact that he played with Jimmy Graham and Marques Colton 2 big targets who caught 15 combined TD's while the remaining 18 td's were distributed between 9 players.
Yes though he’s a more polished player here as he’s gotten older and that’s w/out Brees throwing to him too.

here is a small part of the article

And it’s not so much Ginn, who continues a solid career in its 11th season now. It’s the Muellers. It’s the football lifers.

Look at Monday’s college national championship game. Alabama’s Nick Saban beat Georgia’s Kirby Smart. One former Dolphins head coach beat his Dolphins assistant. Expand that to the NFL this weekend. Tennessee’s Mike Mularkey and Atlanta’s Dan Quinn are still playing. Two more Saban assistants with the Dolphins.

So four of the final 10 head coaches to continue on this football postseason were on the same, failed Dolphins staff in 2006. And the guy leading that staff, the one who failed so miserably he ducked out of town after two years, is now the greatest college coach of them all.
Thanks Brother...

I think Dan Marino cursed us. Die Dan, Laces out. Lol Just kidding.. But seems that way. So many left here, and turned it around elsewhere. Maybe it's just the heat. To hot to play football. Let Ross put a dome on top, and fire up the air conditioning. Never know
lol....I remember when the Dolphins used the heat as an advantage, teams hated playing here in September and early October.

I'm going with the old indian burial ground under the stadium excuse... hasn't failed me yet...

This article takes direct aim at the front office in Miami -BAD ORGANIZATION.

In a way I totally agree - you can smell it - the organization has had (and probably still does) no long term plan - no vision. We are soft - we have been soft for decades - I include Shula's last few years here.

We are stuck in mediocreville with no end in sight.

In a way I have given up hope. Its just been to many years and we have stomped by the likes of the Patriots to the point where my fanhood is hanging on by a thread.

I would rather the entire organization collapse, like the Colts did, and have the Dolphins move out of town in the middle of the night then continue to put up with a rudderless, prideless, under talented, poorly managed 8-8 or 7-9 or 6-10 team.

I was impressed with Gase in season one - but by season two his decision to put Jay Cutler in there, the lack of vision to go out and purchase a back up plan if Tannehill's risky knee rehab blew up in our faces (which obviously it did) under drafting and under spending on the linebacker position, poor integration of the talent we have on the roster, inability to get the players to "adjust" Ajayi in the prison yard way (see Full Metal Jacket) , that slovenly useless tight end Julius Thomas that was recruited as if he was at all useful...failure to draft a safety in such a safety rich and deep draft....This team wreaks of mediocrity- no direction.

Gase will be given two seasons - he will likely fail at both - too arrogant to draft a top QB - too smart by a 1/2 to get his players to play with pride week in and week out. And we will be back to getting a coach and starting over, while Gase likely moves on to be the next Vince Lombardi.

It SUCKS being a Dolphin fan! I f..ing HATE it!

Back
Top Bottom