Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here

Who's reality? Do you think the Rams or the Eagles or Jacksonville or the Chargers or the Bills or the Saints had reality coming into the season? I would rather have hope. I can understand your pessimism but I hope you can also see some fans going the other route

What changed for those teams?

The Saints resurgence is because they hit pay dirt in the draft. Do you know who is getting credit for the Saints turnaround?

I admit I am one that desperately wanted Brady Quinn. I actually still believe (well maybe only a little) under the right circumstances he could have been an ok starter, I know i may be the only one. But I never never understood giving up on Ginn for nothing. I am not sure I even remember? Did we cut him or trade him for a bag of balls? He had some big plays for us over the 2 years, just was inconsistent.I liked Mueller also

Yeah I remember being so happy when Quinn was still there at our pick, and instead we chose Ted Ginn. I stopped watching the remainder of the draft. But Ginn is still in the league while Quinn is probably some commentator for college or insurance salesman.

KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL, this incredible home field advantage......uhhhh you can rule out Geography.

If you believe in superstitions this appears to be an article for you. I'm not clicking.

Nick Saban failed in NFL because he couldn't hand pick his players, when that became obvious to him he quit.

If Mike Mularkey got fired tomorrow he'd be lucky to land an interview with another team.

The Dolphins have gotten two really good QB season's in the last decade, 2008 and 2016 and guess what, they made the playoffs. All that matters is the QB play. The last time we saw our franchise QB he was having the best game of his career.

It's irresponsible to use the 2017 season as a measuring stick for where we are at on the field.

If you want to spend the off season complaining and lamenting how drafting Ted Ginn Jr. is somehow relevant to the team that will take the field in 2018, you need to get yourself checked out.

Go look and see where the Golden State Warriors were 10 years ago.

Or the Seattle Seahawks.

Or the Cleveland Indians.

Or the Houston Astros.

Sports are a cycle, wait your turn.

The most important decision is always the next one, not the last one.

We have been waiting for our turn for a very long time. As others have said on here before, I just hope I see them win the Super Bowl before I die.

Yeah I remember being so happy when Quinn was still there at our pick, and instead we chose Ted Ginn. I stopped watching the remainder of the draft. But Ginn is still in the league while Quinn is probably some commentator for college or insurance salesman.

Same for me. I was ecstatic when Brady Quinn was still available at that pick and I almost lost my mind when they drafted Ginn.

The Saints resurgence is because they hit pay dirt in the draft. Do you know who is getting credit for the Saints turnaround?
I do...Ireland. My point is hope(a great draft) could be around the corner, even if it is by luck

I wonder if part of the reason players go to crap when they are here is the allure of South beach.. Especially when it comes to free-agents. With the stories of coaches doing Coke, Malaluga at the club at 8 in the morning. And the texts from incognito of their lifestyles I wonder if players get here and arent as focused as they would be in lets say Green Bay.

At first glance you could look to the stands and formulate an opinion...

miami-dolphins-stadium01.jpg

47B340F600000578-5227465-image-a-5_1514902773173.jpg

But that doesn’t explain why teams like the Bills have sucked for so long though.

Which leads me to another theory, continuity.

Check out the list of head coaches for each team in the AFC East since the turn of the century...

Bills

Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, **** Jauron, Perry Fewell (interim), Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan, Anthony Lynn (interim), Sean McDermott

Jets

Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles

Dolphins

Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates (interim), Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles (interim), Joe Philbin, Dan Campbell (interim), Adam Gase

Patriots

Bill Belichick

And that right there speaks volumes.

Can’t expect to unseat the Patriots with this much turnover within the division.

A little patience, along with a tiny bit of competence from our coaching staff will go a long way.

Add in a pinch of faith (and passion) from the fan base and you have the beginning ingredients for prolonged success in this league.

So in layman’s terms, trust the process.

when the “process” includes the likes of Tannenbaum there can be no trusting anything. sns

Ireland is the assistant GM - let’s not get carried away. Sparano sucked w the Jets and Raiders before being w the Vikes. This is all bull w exception of Saban who would have been a great NFL coach - you could see it. The teams got on rolls after slow starts and did ok w horrible QBs. Article is such a stretch. If Joe Philbin was water boy for Atlanta this year the article would have called him a success there. Meh.

Sure, these are the kind of hard transitions that happen all the time in sports, as well as business in general. But why so much failure here and so much success there? And can it please stop?
There’s a personal cost to chronicling all this Dolphins failure. Dave Wannstedt and I hadn’t talked since he left the Dolphins until a bridge-mending conversation this fall. He’d see me at events and turn the other way. Not once. Not twice. He didn’t like the adjectives. Wannstedt is the nicest guy in the world, too.
Mueller is as well. He had the right plan, too. The Dolphins needed speed and he picked Ginn, who is one of three players taken in the top 10 in that 2007 draft still playing. Look who he also hit on that draft. Eight-year center Samson Satele. Defensive tackle Paul Soliai, who played 11 years and made a Pro Bowl. Brandon Fields, who punted for nine years.
Yes, he also drafted quarterback John Beck, who worked out as well as draft-favorite Brady Quinn did. Everyone knows the larger lesson there. No quarterback has fully worked in these 15 years. Drew Brees winning with the Saints and not the Dolphins underscores that idea.
And that’s really why Saban was in Alabama beating his former Dolphins assistant Smart for another national title. And why Buffalo’s winning front office is full of Dolphins. And why Ireland is with the Saints in the playoffs playing Spielman’s Vikings. And Sparano’s Vikings. And Berger’s Vikings. And ...
Pardon me. I need to go lie down.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html

Guys its the two CCs consistency and coaching. You cannot churn rosters every 3-4 years and win and yea you need a good coach. Had high hopes for Gase this year but the lack of decipline on the team this year now has me doubtful. A great good coach knows how to run a diciplined team, didn't see that this year.

I wonder if part of the reason players go to crap when they are here is the allure of South beach.. Especially when it comes to free-agents. With the stories of coaches doing Coke, Malaluga at the club at 8 in the morning. And the texts from incognito of their lifestyles I wonder if players get here and arent as focused as they would be in lets say Green Bay.
Absolutely, back i the 70's and 80's from what I understand Miami was a huge crime town and I assume partying was a lot harder to do back then. As opposed to today when people think of Miami they think of South Beach and clubs maybe it's just easier to get lost in that lifestyle.

If we have a draft like the saints had, we will be where the saints are right now. We are not a bad team. We are an average team. Another player or two and we will be a good team

But at the same time -

Ricky Williams became a star in Miami and even though he was very good in New Orleans, he was wayyy better in Miami.
Kenny Stills has been more productive in Miami even when he had Drew Brees in NO.
Chad Pennington of the Jets also took us to the playoffs and he played very well here.

So basically ex Dolphins winning everywhere, any other teams could say the same thing. Ask Tampa Bay about L. Blount who won 2 superbowls with New England?

Eh Kenny Still best season in NO is better than his best season as a Dolphin, more yards, more catches, way higher catch%. The only thing that increased with us is his TD's and that can be attributed to the fact that he played with Jimmy Graham and Marques Colton 2 big targets who caught 15 combined TD's while the remaining 18 td's were distributed between 9 players.

The franchise has been cursed since leaving the Orange Bowl. How else do you explain the futility since 1987? If you listed all the on and off field crap for the past 30 years and melded it into a script you could create an Emmy winning tv series with more episodes than Entourage.

The only plausible explanation is the Indian burial ground theory. Right smack dab under Hard Rock Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom