hypothetical number 1 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hypothetical number 1 pick

ricky williams

peace lover
Reaction score
This is my homer brain in overdrive. I'm praying, praying that rosen shows enough this season that we don't have to draft a qb next year. And we get the number 1 pick. We could then sell it to any qb starved team that would give us a massive haul. We could have more high picks in the next 3 years than any team in history of draft.

Not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially if Rosen looks somewhat decent and they have their eyes on a qb in the 2021 class instead of Tua. Shrewd draft trades are a Patriots specialty, and that’s who we’re trying to emulate.

Rosen got beat out by a 14 year journeyman. We're going QB.

He didn’t get beat out. Did you watch preseason?

Fitz is playing because he’s expendable, more experienced and the Dolphins are facing 4 good defenses to start the season all w/o a capable o line.

Why would you want to crush Rosen’s already shaky confidence and expose him to a higher risk of injury by starting him the first 4 games?

He didn’t get beat out. Did you watch preseason?

Fitz is playing because he’s expendable, more experienced and the Dolphins are facing 4 good defenses to start the season all w/o a capable o line.

Why would you want to crush Rosen’s already shaky confidence and expose him to a higher risk of injury by starting him the first 4 games?
Sure, man. There are a bunch of reports that the players wanted Fitz to start because he was just better and they want to win. I can't even believe you're using preseason as a measuring stick.

I hope you're not sitting there thinking that Rosen is the answer, because you're going to be sorely disappointed when he ends up playing after Fitzpatrick has a Fitzpatrick slump and then inevitably sucks.

Sure, man. There are a bunch of reports that the players wanted Fitz to start because he was just better and they want to win. I can't even believe you're using preseason as a measuring stick.

I hope you're not sitting there thinking that Rosen is the answer, because you're going to be sorely disappointed when he ends up playing after Fitzpatrick has a Fitzpatrick slump and then inevitably sucks.

I’m in no way a Rosen guy. I didn’t really want the trade, as I’m on the Tua bandwagon. But I still can understand why Rosen shouldn’t start just yet. He needs to be given a fair shot. But not under these circumstances and against those defenses.

I'd love that.

It happens 2 ways:

1) Rosen is the guy.

2) We don't love any of the top QBs (including Tua).

That being said, I don't see us having the worst record in the league.

I’m in no way a Rosen guy. I didn’t really want the trade, as I’m on the Tua bandwagon. But I still can understand why Rosen shouldn’t start just yet. He needs to be given a fair shot. But not under these circumstances and against those defenses.
The fair shot was the training camp battle though. Giving it to him "just to see what he's got" isn't him earning it which doesn't play nicely with the locker room. The players know who the better QB is.

The fair shot was the training camp battle though. Giving it to him "just to see what he's got" isn't him earning it which doesn't play nicely with the locker room. The players know who the better QB is.
Rosen's talent and potential dwarfs Fitz.

Don't let what you think happened in preseason distort reality for you.

If Fitz is the better QB right now, it is entirely due to the time it's taking Rosen to acclimate in our system, and recover from the Cardinals PTSD.

He didn't need to start day 1 to be the superior QB in the long run.

Rosen's talent and potential dwarfs Fitz.

Don't let what you think happened in preseason distort reality for you.

If Fitz is the better QB right now, it is entirely due to the time it's taking Rosen to acclimate in our system, and recover from the Cardinals PTSD.

He didn't need to start day 1 to be the superior QB in the long run.
Again, he got beat out by a 14 year journeyman.

I think you know the writings on the wall in terms of what their plan is.

And they aren’t putting all their eggs in rosen at least as the plan right now.

I don’t think there is a definitive plan. Which is probably a good thing. They are open to improving the roster whenever the opportunity presents itself. There is no need to be loyal to anyone yet.

Dismissing Rosen because we traded Tunsil seems pretty naive. Especially when Rosen showed some talent.

The last thing anyone should claim is to have an inkling of what’s coming next from this regime.

Back
Top Bottom