hypothetical number 1 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hypothetical number 1 pick

I don’t think there is a definitive plan. Which is probably a good thing. They are open to improving the roster whenever the opportunity presents itself. There is no need to be loyal to anyone yet.

Dismissing Rosen because we traded Tunsil seems pretty naive. Especially when Rosen showed some talent.

The last thing anyone should claim is to have an inkling of what’s coming next from this regime.

Im not dismissing him im just saying what I’ve said all along. Which was they’ve hedged their bets at qb.

That trade compensation for rosen and their actions have said as much.

Or better yet Miami takes Tua and he is every bit as good in the NFL as he is in college and Miami finally has its first elite QB since Marino.

Then Grier continues to be smart and accumulate picks like he was able to do with the Saints this past draft along with spending wisely on free agents.

He didn’t get beat out. Did you watch preseason?

Fitz is playing because he’s expendable, more experienced and the Dolphins are facing 4 good defenses to start the season all w/o a capable o line.

Why would you want to crush Rosen’s already shaky confidence and expose him to a higher risk of injury by starting him the first 4 games?

This confidence thing is BS to me. If he’s not confident regardless then he’s not the guy. Andrew Luck got crushed his first season and that didn’t shake his confidence one bit.

The fair shot was the training camp battle though. Giving it to him "just to see what he's got" isn't him earning it which doesn't play nicely with the locker room. The players know who the better QB is.

What locker room? Who the hell is left in this locker room that matters? Is Bobby McCain going to be pissed that Rosen was given the starting QB job when he didn’t earn it IN PRACTICE??

Give me a break.

Did he really get beat out? once the pads came on Rosen was the better QB, any one with 2 eyes could see that.
"The pads on"... against backups. Come on.

And this has been going on since before training camp when all the beat writers were reporting that it was a slaughter and that Fitz was so much better than Rosen it was embarrassing. He had such a lead at that point that Rosen playing "ok" in preseason games wasn't going to be enough to unseat him.

He didn’t get beat out. Did you watch preseason?

Fitz is playing because he’s expendable, more experienced and the Dolphins are facing 4 good defenses to start the season all w/o a capable o line.

Why would you want to crush Rosen’s already shaky confidence and expose him to a higher risk of injury by starting him the first 4 games?
Exactly. I remember what playing with no protection did to Patrick Ramsey.

I think beating out means more command of the offense than anything else.

Cause he damn sure didn’t beat him out on the field with his play. Albeit in preseason games at least.

The lacking confidence or needing to rebuild it or save him from the o line stuff never made sense to me.

This is a late 2nd round qb in trade. I’m not hiding that from anything.

Marino got beat out by David Woodley (rest in peace) who wasn't as good as Fitz. It isn't purely about talent and potential.
It's almost as if people forget that this isn't Rosen's rookie year...

Marino was a rookie learning a new offense. Woodley was here since '80. Rosen and Fitz both walked into the same, new offense.

Try again.

We will be drafting a QB in the 1st round. Superbowl or bust. Seriously, even if Rosen looks the part.

It's almost as if people forget that this isn't Rosen's rookie year...

Marino was a rookie learning a new offense. Woodley was here since '80. Rosen and Fitz both walked into the same, new offense.

Try again.
Not a new offense for Fitz. He's seen them all. Rosen hasn't.

This situation is much closer to the Marino Woodley scenario than veteran vs. veteran.

Why was it so important to you that he get the first game start right out of camp when he's clearly still acclimating to this offense?

You're making a lot of sense in the Dave Hyde 10 questions thread and no sense here.

Or better yet Miami takes Tua and he is every bit as good in the NFL as he is in college and Miami finally has its first elite QB since Marino.

Then Grier continues to be smart and accumulate picks like he was able to do with the Saints this past draft along with spending wisely on free agents.
I think more people should think like this, Miami has not had a QB since Dan... and we have freaking Tua just waiting on us if all goes to plan, then plenty of picks to build around him. I would of thought a lot more would be excited

I think more people should think like this, Miami has not had a QB since Dan... and we have freaking Tua just waiting on us if all goes to plan, then plenty of picks to build around him. I would of thought a lot more would be excited
Some people can't pin their hopes on a college QB just starting his second season behind center from 8 months out from the draft that we may not be in a position to select even if the team coveted him as a franchise savior at that time.

Sure, man. There are a bunch of reports that the players wanted Fitz to start because he was just better and they want to win. I can't even believe you're using preseason as a measuring stick.

I hope you're not sitting there thinking that Rosen is the answer, because you're going to be sorely disappointed when he ends up playing after Fitzpatrick has a Fitzpatrick slump and then inevitably sucks.
And what makes you think he isn't? Share your insight please. You havent seen anyhing on Rosen we haven't. How is it you can make the termination someone will fail,watching TV, but a NFL FO invests a second and fifth round pick in him. Did they just say "we know he will not make it, but let's do this anyway"? And if you have so much knowledge can you let us know what NFL team you are employed with?

Back
Top Bottom