hypothetical number 1 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hypothetical number 1 pick

And what makes you think he isn't? Share your insight please. You havent seen anyhing on Rosen we haven't. How is it you can make the termination someone will fail,watching TV, but a NFL FO invests a second and fifth
Not a new offense for Fitz. He's seen them all. Rosen hasn't.

This situation is much closer to the Marino Woodley scenario than veteran vs. veteran.

Why was it so important to you that he get the first game start right out of camp when he's clearly still acclimating to this offense?

You're making a lot of sense in the Dave Hyde 10 questions thread and no sense here.
I haven't hidden my feelings on Rosen. I didn't like him at all coming out of college. I thought he was terrible at Arizona. I thought Grier was drunk for trading for him, and then I knew he'd get beat out by Fitzpatrick because I think he's just bad.

It didn't matter whether he gets the first start or not. I already know he'll play because at some point Fitzpatrick is going to get himself benched from throwing too many interceptions like always.

The offensive line is going to be used as an excuse for his poor play by most fans and then the offseason comes and nobody thinks he's been properly evaluated and then we draft a QB 1st overall anyway.

And what makes you think he isn't? Share your insight please. You havent seen anyhing on Rosen we haven't. How is it you can make the termination someone will fail,watching TV, but a NFL FO invests a second and fifth round pick in him. Did they just say "we know he will not make it, but let's do this anyway"? And if you have so much knowledge can you let us know what NFL team you are employed with?
I hope you're not trying to make the point that nobody could possibly know more than a GM about something football related because they get paid and we don't...

These guys make stupid moves all the damn time. The bar isn't exactly high.

I haven't hidden my feelings on Rosen. I didn't like him at all coming out of college. I thought he was terrible at Arizona. I thought Grier was drunk for trading for him, and then I knew he'd get beat out by Fitzpatrick because I think he's just bad.

It didn't matter whether he gets the first start or not. I already know he'll play because at some point Fitzpatrick is going to get himself benched from throwing too many interceptions like always.

The offensive line is going to be used as an excuse for his poor play by most fans and then the offseason comes and nobody thinks he's been properly evaluated and then we draft a QB 1st overall anyway.
Okay. Never liked Rosen puts it's in better perspective. I hadn't seen that in your posts previously.

Thanks.

I hope you're not trying to make the point that nobody could possibly know more than a GM about something football related because they get paid and we don't...

These guys make stupid moves all the damn time. The bar isn't exactly high.
Are you implying you know as much as ours and our HC?

I’m all for taking Tua And I think that any other QB would me a mistake. but I know for certain Rosen Outplayed Fitzpatrick.

not so fast. we would have to suck for 10+ years to be clevlandshitty.

Still hard for me to come to grips with the Browns winning less than 50 games total over a decade. Could you imagine this
place if over a 10 year period 5 or 6 wins in a season was considered a good year? The Dolphins haven't been in that type of a dark age. I think they would loose 70/75 % of the fan base on FInheaven.

The only way Rosen plays well enough not to draft a QB and we have the no 1 pick is that the Texans have an epic collapse, which isn’t going to happen.

Are you implying you know as much as ours and our HC?
I'm absolutely implying that there are things that fans are right about and the coach and GM aren't. Does that mean overall given 100 different decisions we'd do their job better than them? Probably not, but they certainly aren't going to make 100 out of 100 decisions better than the average fan.

Have some more confidence in yourself if you think that's actually not the case. There's a reason why fans get pissed off when the team ends up trading down to take Odrick instead of staying put and taking Earl Thomas. GMs don't always know better.

This is my homer brain in overdrive. I'm praying, praying that rosen shows enough this season that we don't have to draft a qb next year. And we get the number 1 pick. We could then sell it to any qb starved team that would give us a massive haul. We could have more high picks in the next 3 years than any team in history of draft.

Interesting hypothetical...1. Rosen may or may not have out played Fits in the preseason, but the fact that Fitz is starting is enough to say that maybe, just maybe Rosen isn't the guy. Next, if Rosen somehow plays well enough to earn the job...there is no way we have the number 1 pick and if we do then we need to change coaches again.

Settle on the fact that we are going QB with our first pick and we are going to use the other 5 1st and 2nd rounders in the next two drafts fixing this trash roster. I don't want to go through another 7 years of "this is the year Tannehill takes the step" and Rosen seems exactly like that guy.

Or better yet Miami takes Tua and he is every bit as good in the NFL as he is in college and Miami finally has its first elite QB since Marino.

Then Grier continues to be smart and accumulate picks like he was able to do with the Saints this past draft along with spending wisely on free agents.
If you are in position to draft a prospect like tua, you don’t trade the pick lol. Also, it is no secret that Ross loves Tua.

I'm just curious. I think Rosen class will go down as one of top for qbs. Not top but up there. So grier taking a 2nd round flier to take a stab at a potential qb seemed obvious to me. But for those really down on Rosen and pass on that trade. What would you have wanted on offense?

Rosen got beat out by a 14 year journeyman. We're going QB.

Or they’re sitting him to develop him before putting him out there. With such emphasis this offseason on stockpiling future picks, I can’t imagine them wasting a 2nd rounder on a QB they didn’t have plans for

I honestly have no clue what Grier is doing. Give up a 2nd for Rosen, then get rid of your premier LT? Then stockpile picks, then start Fitzpatrick.

Rosen is not a rookie, and he started as a rookie. Now he is a backup? That will shake his confidence.

If he can start on Arizona's OL, he can start on ours.

Back
Top Bottom