I Am Both Excited And Scared For This Board

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhishyPhishy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

When the Dolphins pick at 11, I pray all the quartbacks are gone. The worst scenario for the health of this board is Baker Mayfield falling to 11. Option A the dolphins do the RIGHT thing and pass on him for Derwin James or Vita Vea or whoever. Option B the dolphins trade down with either the Bills or Cardinals. Option C the Dolphins choose Baker and we now have a quarterback controversy cloud hanging over the entire season.

No matter what choice the Dolphins make this board will be thrust into chaos and brother will be pitted against brother.

So here is hoping those 4 QBs go in the top 10 and we can sit back and scoop up one of the top 7 players in the draft.

Barkley
    Chubb
    Nelson
    Fitzpatrick
    James
    Smith
    Edwords

Highzenga, Ray R, rickd13 and 2 others like this.
  2. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

yuck, Mayfield has Manziel written all over him. Just imagine his ethics once he gets paid millions. I have a feeling a guy like Mason Rudolph or even Lauletta could turn out to be great NFL QB's. No need for a 1st round QB guy this year. But I agree James or Vea should be the pick.

justdon and retarmyfinfan2 like this.
  3. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Until Miami wins a bunch of games, it will always be this way.

At 11 there will be a good player available. Some will love the pick, some will hate the pick... Really they are only projections made to the NFL based on their college performance, and opinions formed by confirmation bias and hyperbole.

Ray R and Greer17 like this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Such a lazy and uninformed comparison.

5. FinsGonnaRock06

FinsGonnaRock06 A True Fan

Take the best player available no matter position, especially Round 1. That is a recipe for future success.

levv151, HeavenCent, Ray R and 2 others like this.
  6. Birdmond

Birdmond A True Fan Donator

Agreed. It’s troll like stupid.

7. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Some true enlightenment.

8. SCOTTY

SCOTTY A True Fan

Why is competition so frequently confused with controversy.

Ray R, Dolph N.Fan, dolpns13 and 4 others like this.
  9. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Mayfield walked on at Texas Tech, became a starter as a true freshman, walked on at Oaklahoma became the starter and won the hiesman trophy. That reeks of work ethic. None of his teammates have questioned his leadership and many have came out and said he is the best teammate they’ve ever had. I don’t see the comparison beyond the height and his one incident when he had too much to drink.

10. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Understatement of the century. That happens here when a random tweet is posted.

Ray R, crumpdaddy and Spiff like this.
  11. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

My inclination is no QB R1, but I won't be suicidal if Miami takes one, although I like Rosen best. I'm not opposed to trading down, but no further than #14. Agree, Miami will have get a top talent, just a matter of which one.
    Brother against brother? Dunno? There are a few who cling to a black and white fictional world and they won't change if Miami wins the SB. ("I'm thrilled Miami won, but they won IN SPITE OF fill-in-the-blank.") And those who live in the past as if it matters (e.g., still angry Miami didn't take Ryan). Other than that, the more cerebral here accept differences of opinion as just that. Thus, IMO, it's brothers against the agendas.

Spiff, Ray R, gunn34 and 1 other person like this.
  12. SCOTTY

SCOTTY A True Fan

I am against all of this!!!

Lol ;)

Ray R likes this.
  13. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Grip it and rip it Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

@TeeMoney I sent you a message. Please respond

dolphindan likes this.
  14. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Quote the opposite, actually.

15. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

There's no way Barkley or Chubb will be there. If we can get one of the following players though I'd be ecstatic. Fitzpatrick, James, Edmunds, Smith... any of those 4 guys and I'd be a happy man. If Nelson falls I wouldn't be too upset either I guess... I don't want an O-lineman in round 1 but I think our line would be pretty dominant with him and the other guys we added this offseason.

phish likes this.
  16. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

Basically it boils down to if Gase wants to tie his coaching career to Tannehill. If he truly trusts Ryan as he says then no QB will be taken. If he doesn't and his words in the media is a farce then he needs to do whatever necessary to get the QB he trusts.

gunn34 likes this.
  17. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

Have you compared the two on field play? They are NOT the same player at all. The antics are similar, but mayfield is an infield leader. That much is true and Manziel was never like that

Jdsrp37 likes this.
  18. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

As long as Miami doesn't come away from this draft with vita vea @ 11 I will be happy

djphinfan and malok like this.
  19. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

Thank God OP and Truepoizon aren’t GM.

20. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Well I could live with this if he fell to 11th but I certainly would not trade up. If RT were to have a great year, then it cpuld be a wasted pick. Prefer to wait until next year see how things pan out. If we finish as poorly as I and some folks predict next year we will own the first pick in the draft and choose whoever we want at QB.

21. randomname

randomname A True Fan

On the bright side, 2 QBs is better than last year's 0 QBs.

22. 06HEMI

06HEMI Well-Known Member

I have widdled down who i want them to draft to 3 players that are my plan A wants.

1. Fitzpatrick- A ballhawk FS is a necessity in today's NFL he would allow us to get way more creative on defense which im pretty sure EVERYONE on this board would agree we NEED to do.
    2. Tremaine Edmunds- Now part of this is based on projection but his measurables are off the charts. He is only 19 years old with a ceiling higher that almost every player in this class. His floor is also higher then Roquan Smith who i just don't see being able to stand up at the POA. I just see him getting washed out too easily for me to use the #11 pick on and if you wanna play him at the Will that's fine but i don't see the value of such a high pick.
    3. Quenton Nelson- Just as close to a can't miss stud as you'll likely ever see at a position of need.
    The other players and we know who they are that have been mocked to us ALL have flags that i would be concerned about and picking at #11 i want a impact starter that is as little of a project as possible.
    Now these are who have a realistic chance of being available when we pick so that's who i made my list from.
    NO QB'S!!!!
    Unless Rosen somehow drops but i don't really see that happening. Just my $.02

phish likes this.
  23. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

I fully expect either the Cardinals or the Bill's and quite possibly the Patriots to attempt to trade up above Miami and into the top 10 to try and select a quarterback possibly Baker Mayfield. I thought Josh Jackson was going to be a strong possibility at 11 but based off his combine numbers he makes slip into the second round which at that point I think would be a huge steal. I have my doubts about Smith, because he gets washed out at the POA too much for my liking. If I had my choice it's going to come down to Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and or Tremaine Edmunds? The obvious Dark Horse here is whether or not Quenton Nelson drops to 11 then I could see him as a strong possibility. Also Miami is known to like Vita Vea. So he's also a strong possibility I don't think Miami can go wrong with any one of the choices other than Smith because of his lack of abilities at the POA.

24. JamesBW43

JamesBW43 You're standing on my neck Finheaven VIP

Personally, I'm fine either way. I can see the merits of both options. Tannehill is good enough to win with so long as you build a solid team around him. So I can see wanting to build on the last two solid drafts and continue to take BPA. On the other hand, Tannehill isn't exactly one to light up the scoreboard. So I can see wanting to take Mayfield or Rosen if you believe either will put more points on the board than Tannehill can. Even if it meant trading up a bit (not too much though).

If the Phins take a QB, I don't believe there is any controversy. Either Tannehill is traded now, or he starts this year while the new QB learns and Tannehill is traded/let go next year.

SuperMarksBros. likes this.
  25. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

You think THAT is bad... imagine if tannenbum completely loses his mind and picks a certain wannabe qb to appease his homie entourage and the PC crowd in the interest of "ticket sales" and currying favor with goodell.

Tom Olivadotti likes this.
  26. Brumdog45

Brumdog45 A True Fan

I imagine if Mayfield falls to 11, we pick him. Since I don't see it happening, it seems irrelevant.

27. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I want the best possible player we can get regardless of who gets mad on this board. I love this site(specially VIP) but I want what's best for our team. There's no way to please everyone on this board so I'm not worry about that.

gunn34 and fishfanmiami like this.
  28. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Mayfield and maybe Rosen are the only QBs worth the 11th pick. But trolling is an art and I'm sure you'll get better with more practice .

29. Michael Scott

Michael Scott FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Nothing I fear more than hearing Vita Vea's name called at 11. I'd not care about anything Dolphins related until April 2019 pretty much.

Phinatic8u, djphinfan and Pandarilla like this.
  30. FinsGonnaRock06

FinsGonnaRock06 A True Fan

Really bro, if we take an absolute brute of a DT, making our Dline almost impenetrable. Suh was very overrated, ran himself out of the play more times than I care to mention. Relax my Dolphins brother, we are way better than the so called experts think.

31. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Here is the most likely scenario as I see it:

1. Obvious talent falls to us ... and we take someone NOBODY expected, like Taven Bryant or something.
    2. Regardless of whether we find a generational talent who becomes a 10 time Pro-Bowler and eventual HoF'er, 70% of this board will "quit" the Dolphins and we'll know this because they'll post that they are quitting ... only to resume posting around the pre-season after going through a little therapy.
    3. Everyone credits all the good choices to Gase, all the bad choices to Tannenbaum, and somehow ignores that Grier has any hand in this whatsoever.
    4. By the start of the pre-season the words "homer," "dumbest", and "sucks" will have been written at least 10,000 times by posters ... mostly in their numerous "quit" posts.
    5. Somehow, we will survive, because deep down inside we all love the Dolphins, and despite our differences, are rooting for these draft picks to succeed.

Spiff, t-dubya, fins1 and 4 others like this.
  32. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

Buffalo and the Cards are definitely wanting a QB. I pray Baler falls to us and we take advantage of Buffalo.

Etuoo33 likes this.
  33. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I would take Mayfield over ANY of the other QBs in this draft. I think Josh Allen is going to be a bust. I believe Darnold will be just an average guy in the NFL. Rosen scares the hell out of me because of his goofy personality.

gunn34, Vaark and Pandarilla like this.
  34. Michael Scott

Michael Scott FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Can't argue with anything here.

Digital likes this.
  35. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

Exactly

36. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

Vea is not Haloti Ngata. Vea has no pop.

God I hope we land Justin Jones in the third.

Michael Scott likes this.
  37. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

Baker would lay waste to Finheaven.

38. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Taggart is my Homeboy Finheaven VIP

I look forward to the pandemonium...

39. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

We are going to go nowhere as a team until we get elite play at the QB position, whether that's through Tannehill upping his game or by drafting a guy who can come close to matching the Brady's, Brees's and Rodgers. If a player falls to us in that position that Gase and the FO think can be the man we should absolutely not pass up on him, they will be hitching their jobs to the train got to trust and hope they know what they are doing.

gunn34 and LargoFin like this.
  40. LargoFin

LargoFin Well-Known Member

That's the bottom line. Very few teams can afford to pass on a Watson to select a Fournette. And we are one of those teams that cannot afford it.
    But, also, it is important to have staff that is committed to QB development and excellence. Otherwise, they will ruin a QB prospect with their herky jerky instability. That's why I'm okay with not selecting a QB, and if they do select one I will be worried for that young man.