I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if: | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if:

Section126 said:
Seems to me we got rid of some guy that made alot of money...Pat what's his name.... :wink:

so we get rid of a guy that made alot of money for a guy that wants alot of money? personally i wouldnt.

lets say we stay at #2 & get Edwards then i would say draft a BPA on Dee with our #46 or Barron/Khalif are still there..

Section126 said:
We draft Braylon Edwards at #2 or trade down....and Draft Edge or Alexander with the #46 pick.....

How do you like them apples?

please!! we can pay surtain that kinda money so why would we wanna pay edge or shaun alexander that kinda money?? get real!

svnrdr said:
You are on a roll with lame posts!

completely agree, man i wouldnt b the happiest with a rb or cb at 46 but it makes sense, thats uncalled for to call him a moron if he does that

We're already attacking Saban before he's begun!! That's ridiculous!! Even if he makes mistakes, he's surely entitled. I've stated this before, but I'll state it again. It will take time until the dust settles. So it might take a few draft's to get back on our feet again. Let's try and be patient and take it from there.:fire:

Section126 said:
We draft a CB with the #46 pick.

We draft a RB with the #46 pick.

I agree completely. I hate blind followers who think Saban is god just because he's a new coach and has the promise of being great (like any new coach). Why trade Surtain only to draft a lesser CB with the same pick you received for the Surtain trade? Why draft a RB when you can get Edge or Alexander with the same pick? I know, everyone is going to say salary cap and age of the two RB's, but isn't the point to win? Who cares if a RB's career lasts only 5 more seasons if you win a Superbowl during one of those? Who cares if you end up in draft hell in 7 or 8 years if it means you get two or three very good shots at the Superbowl before entering cap hell? NE's way is not the only way to win a SB...

Section126 said:
We draft a CB with the #46 pick.

We draft a RB with the #46 pick.

I only think he's a moron if he comes in predicting a superbowl, guaranteed in 3 years or less, decides he wants to quit because the team he creates is still mediocre after 4 years, replaces himself with a longtime friend and assistant who had no success in Chicago and has a lame moustache and only sends a proud franchise to the depths of the NFL standings due to lack of preparation, direction, IQ, and some poor decisions in personnel. Oh. wait, wrong guy.

Pericles349 said:
I agree completely. I hate blind followers who think Saban is god just because he's a new coach and has the promise of being great (like any new coach). Why trade Surtain only to draft a lesser CB with the same pick you received for the Surtain trade? Why draft a RB when you can get Edge or Alexander with the same pick? I know, everyone is going to say salary cap and age of the two RB's, but isn't the point to win? Who cares if a RB's career lasts only 5 more seasons if you win a Superbowl during one of those? Who cares if you end up in draft hell in 7 or 8 years if it means you get two or three very good shots at the Superbowl before entering cap hell? NE's way is not the only way to win a SB...

Wow if you were running our team we would be the Redskins of the AFC.... GreenMonster

Section126 said:
That is reportedly what they have asked for them......

You Dork!!!

GO FINS!!!

Section, I would have to give you an 'A' and a green star! I think its all feesible based upon what has been reported on ESPN and other sports info sources. I think you would get an 'A' draft grade from most experts for those trades.

However, those old RBs better produce! My bigger worry is that Braylon Edwards is gonna drive his Bentley into the ocean or decide he wants more money a year from now like T.O. or Moss. Are we picking character players that produce Super Bowls like those in New England? N.E. doesn't have those trouble maker types (Moss and T.O. have never won a Bowl unless you mean the Pro Bowl.) Ty Law caused problems in NE, and got hurt. He is a goner. Something to think about.

Is this Wanny because i thought when Saban came in we stopped throwing away our picks for expensive old men. RB's dont last long in the league so why grab an old one on their last leg

GreenMonster said:
Wow if you were running our team we would be the Redskins of the AFC.... GreenMonster

We could have a much better team than the Redskins, and I'm not saying we should get into cap hell, I'm saying is that who cares if we have to pay a little extra to keep some great quality players. Rework contracts and cut some lower quality players, do what you have to but keep the quality players on the roster, not just gamble with draft picks.

Finster2005 said:
Isn't Section the guy who posted that stupid Shula Steak Breaking news story-yeah and Saban is a moron:shakeno:

The best story that came from section was the one he told us about his "inside source" that told him we'd be trading OGUN to the Browns for Andre Davis (or another one of their receivers) and a RB. That one was a classic!

Back
Top Bottom