I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if: | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if:

Pericles349 said:
I agree completely. I hate blind followers who think Saban is god just because he's a new coach and has the promise of being great (like any new coach). Why trade Surtain only to draft a lesser CB with the same pick you received for the Surtain trade? Why draft a RB when you can get Edge or Alexander with the same pick? I know, everyone is going to say salary cap and age of the two RB's, but isn't the point to win? Who cares if a RB's career lasts only 5 more seasons if you win a Superbowl during one of those? Who cares if you end up in draft hell in 7 or 8 years if it means you get two or three very good shots at the Superbowl before entering cap hell? NE's way is not the only way to win a SB...

:moon::peck:

Pericles349 said:
We could have a much better team than the Redskins, and I'm not saying we should get into cap hell, I'm saying is that who cares if we have to pay a little extra to keep some great quality players. Rework contracts and cut some lower quality players, do what you have to but keep the quality players on the roster, not just gamble with draft picks.

You will also be the 1st person in line when we can't sign any free agents. Sign James and keep Surtain you can say goodbye to McMike and some others next year. We can't keep all of our good players for the long haul or the superbowl run, trade them to get cheaper players so we can keep our young studs. Surtain and James are neither young nor cheap (Surtain now 3rd highest paid corner)... GreenMonster

Waldop said:
We're already attacking Saban before he's begun!! That's ridiculous!! Even if he makes mistakes, he's surely entitled. I've stated this before, but I'll state it again. It will take time until the dust settles. So it might take a few draft's to get back on our feet again. Let's try and be patient and take it from there.:fire:

I've been very pleased with Saban so far even though I wasn't exactly giddy when we signed him. On the other hand, if it's ridiculous to attack Saban so early in the off-season, it's just as ridiculous to praise the sh*t out of him like many people have. To some, everything he does is genius. I"m still waiting for the thread titled "Saban took a sh*t today and that's why we're going to the SB".

shurtyj said:
I think Marlin Jackson would be a great pick at #46.

Is that Micheal Jackson's brother? Tito and Marlin?

phinfan2003 said:
I"m still waiting for the thread titled "Saban took a sh*t today and that's why we're going to the SB".

Because I am somewhat new I can do it, but the backlash may be too much.. GreenMonster

Saban is a genius. I dont care what anyone says about him for whatever reason. the dude is in control of this draft and he doesnt even have the #1 pick. If that dont tell ya something, nothing will.

finfan54 said:
Saban is a genius. I dont care what anyone says about him for whatever reason. the dude is in control of this draft and he doesnt even have the #1 pick. If that dont tell ya something, nothing will.

I really hope you're right about this but since we really don't have an inside scoop as to what's going on, we really don't know if this is true. Let's hope it is.

finfan54 said:

that's about as well said as anything I have read so far :eek:

Just about as much...

Section126 said:
We draft Braylon Edwards at #2 or trade down....and Draft Edge or Alexander with the #46 pick.....

How do you like them apples?

as getting a root canal without novocaine. We dont' need anyone's cast-off RB nor cast-off QB any more. Braylon Edwards would be a good addition, but not worth the #2 pick in this draft for this team. If we keep the pick, go QB. They usually need the time to develop, which most teams are afraid to do and put them out before they have that time. The old NFL axiom still remains the same: If you have a chance to draft a franchise QB and you don't have one - do it! Notice that the word chance applies not only to the time and opportunity, but also the the person being drafted. If the team improves, we may not have this type of chance again until the next crash and burn cycle arrives.

Section126 said:
We draft Braylon Edwards at #2 or trade down....and Draft Edge or Alexander with the #46 pick.....

How do you like them apples?

I wasn't aware that Edge or Alexander were back in the draft....

phinfan2003 said:
The best story that came from section was the one he told us about his "inside source" that told him we'd be trading OGUN to the Browns for Andre Davis (or another one of their receivers) and a RB. That one was a classic!

Nice of you to mention the ONE time my source was incorrect.......and BTW.....I didn't say that it would happen...I said that it was in talks...and guess what...IT WAS.

PS.- I also said that one of the trades that was in the works was a Ogun for A-Train and David Terrell....or A-Train and Marty Booker...I then said that they could substitute a pick for A-Train....how did that work out?

Get outta here..WHy would either of those 2 moves be such a bad thing??

Back
Top Bottom