I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if: | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am laying down the gauntlet....Saban is a moron if:

Section126 said:
We draft Braylon Edwards at #2 or trade down....and Draft Edge or Alexander with the #46 pick.....

How do you like them apples?
I luv EM!

come on guys, how good would edge or alexander be in linehan's offense? we should definately nab one of them for a 2nd and convince them to take a lil less...since they wanna come here so bad. they are both definately better than any 2nd rd rb we may select such as gore, barber, arrington, morency.

His Dudeness said:
what some of you don't understand is WE CAN'T AFFORD ALEXANDER/EDGE. we are a re-building team, we need to get younger and cheaper.

ronnie brown at 2. balances the offense. hand him the ball 20 + times a game.. throw it to him 3-5 times a game.. as opposed to Edwards- 5 catches every game.

we are not in a position to take luxury players like edwards. we need the do it all type back.

I disagree, to use your logic, we can't afford the #2 pick either... Brown at #2 would not be that much cheaper than Edge or Alex...(yes, I realize that a rookie contract, even at #2 is cheaper than a veteran contract) but the bottom line is that we would be robbing Peter to pay Paul...Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of drafting Brown, IF we cannot trade down because he is the bpa at a position we happen to need. There is speculation that we could draft Smith (if Rodgers goes to SF) and trade him later (like Manning last year), but that is risky unless it is set up when we are on the clock with #2...

Back
Top Bottom