I am losing more faith in this regime every day ... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am losing more faith in this regime every day ...

meh. he's got one preseason game to show he can be a roleplayer. he won't make the final 53, the fourth running back spot is either grigsby or some guy who's on another team right now.

i hope you're right but one thing i've learned with this regime is never say never...as for the 3rd and 4th rb spots i think we can find a 3rd rb who's got more to offer us right now as a downhill with some wiggle guy than hilliard and a more nfl ready player than grigsby

at least i hope we can...bush and d thomas as the 1 and 2 guys and then enter someones final cuts player here as the 3 and hilliard as the 4th...grigsby p squad where i think we can stash him pretty easily

If people want to preceive my argument against a gun trotting nutjob who barely has the legs to get off the couch to find his phone to order a pizza as something about New England(who i never once mentioned but people keep bringing it up) then thats on the individual.

Had we signed a young player, or another teams talented player that got buried, you wouldnt have to quote me as im sure others would also be praising it.
Many see it as simply a name that will probably not make the roster. Others, myself included, see it as a complete waste of time, money, and a roster spot that could be better saved for talent that could be developed into a productive player.

See this is where so many of you go wrong. These guys are currently not available without trades. Until roster cuts start trimming some talent that got stuck behind depth these moves cannot be made. Sheets was not going to work so why waste more time with him? Cut the dude bring in a guy who had success in the league and may be remotivated to make a quick buck for a year. If he still sucks cut him and go after some late roster cut talent. Pretty simple. But everything is sky is falling and we cannot even see the basic logic in this move.

Hoops who are some guys you think might be cut...or I guess anyone in particular you are hoping gets cut?

Hoops who are some guys you think might be cut...or I guess anyone in particular you are hoping gets cut?

i'd have to look at some teams depth charts and see where guys are on the pecking order during this 3rd preseason game...usually there are guys who are veterans who might have high cap #'s who teams want to get out from under at rb and replace with younger legs out there though...and then there's young guys who just have a lot of talent on the roster in front of them...

i'm not gonna say we're gonna be able to bring in some guy who's gonna just explode and leave us all with gaping jaws or anything...usually those guys if they're out there have shown their teams enough in camp where they'll cut someone else at a different position and keep the guy anyways...or they'll put them on the trade market...but running backs a high turnover and injury position so teams will keep they're depth as much as they can

but i gauran damn tee we can find someone who can help us more than lj and give us a little more wiggle than hilliard as a downhill runner...these guys are both run of the mill...lj due to age and injury and just playing rb in this league and taking poundings so long and hilliard because quite frankly he's an average talent at best...

i was hopin ben tate might have come free prior to this last preseason game...hoping the texans would give up on him cause of that gruesome ankle injury last year...but its not happening...he looks good...very good...

i like speshs idea of giving slaton a turn...but i wouldn't trade anything for him...i'd wait til final cuts and he likely comes free...

just look for teams with a lot of rb depth or who brought in a legit rookie...somethings going to shake out of those trees if teams can't trade them...

i'll look into some players this week and bring back a list after this weeks games of guys i think are on the fringe to make the teams

the other thing though is from what i've seen of this new spread em out a lot of single back offense we don't need a rb to be special...we need decent feet and get north and south and we don't need great vision...were gonna create running lanes with all the spreading out of defenses we do...but we do need a downhill mentality...i'm not sure i see that yet with d thomas...and thats something you really want with your primary between the tackles back...get downhill...and on the goalline its a must have...d thomas so far hasn't shown me that on the goalline

the other thing though is from what i've seen of this new spread em out a lot of single back offense we don't need a rb to be special...we need decent feet and get north and south and we don't need great vision...were gonna create running lanes with all the spreading out of defenses we do...but we do need a downhill mentality...i'm not sure i see that yet with d thomas

I agree with that..DT is more of a all around back I guess, I certainly wouldnt call him a bruiser. Id like to get a bruiser (I hope LJ is in great shape but I doubt it), and I also wouldnt mind another speedy back. Grigsby is a PS player to me, and Lex is just average. Not horrible, but I wouldnt mind improving him

Why are people upset or losing faith over a preseason signing? Signing Larry Johnson or Tyler Donahue don't make or break a season. If They look good and make the roster that's great. The only problem should be if they come in look bad and still make the final 53 man roster, then you can complain.

There is no upside or good explanation to signing Larry johnson at this point. If he is the 3rd back he offers nothing on special teams if he is expected to be a main backuop he is a big downgrade from Ricky Williams.spin it how u want it makes no sense at all to sign this guy

Im pretty sure a million for Ronnie is much better than close to that for Johnson anyday at this point

What makes you think Ronnie would stay in Miami to be a third string RB? I think you guys are WAY overreacting to this signing. IMO, I dont think he was even brought in to be 3rd String. I am pretty sure Hilliard has that role on lock. In effect, Johnson is a camp body, unless he really shows something quick.

I doubt Ronnie or Ricky would have wanted to be a #3 or 4 back.

who says ljs lookin at it that way though...he may think d thomas job is up for grabs...all i know is i hope he's taking a ton of ped's cause thats the only way he's gonna show anything worth getting excited about...ha ha

I just watched his Nov. 2009 game against Cleveland - 21 carries for 109 yards. He didn't look that bad. If you just changed the name on the jersey to someone younger and watch the game people would be excited that we signed him.

Back
Top Bottom