I am losing more faith in this regime every day ... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am losing more faith in this regime every day ...

This thread my goodness why in the hell should anyone care about us sigining LJ????

How many carries realistically is he going to get between Bush and Thomas?...in turn why the hell should anyone care????

Some of you guys need to chill out...grab a beer and just chill...my god!

PREFIX -This post is not about Henne.

So I find out this morning that we signed Larry Johnson, and we were looking at Clinton Tortis. I Do not understand this regime at all. This move absolutely makes no sense to me.

Larry Johnson is an aging, washed up, rusty RB. He's 31 and has averaged just 3.22 yards per carry on his last 361 NFL carries. You can say well maybe the year off has let his body heal for one more year. You can say maybe he has something left in the tank, he can be a goal line back, ect ..

You know who didn't have a year off and stat wise is better than Johnon. Ronnie or Ricky. Why did we not not just resign one of them (both > Johnson), instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel of cheap, has been Rb's. There is a reason why 32 teams passed up signing him last year, and 31 this year.

If someone can please explain the logic of not resigning Ronnie or Ricky, kicking the tires of old RB's, and signing Larry Johnson please clue me in.

Every day I loose more faith in this regime.

My thinking is, this regime wants to give the young guys a chance to compete for the starting positions. I wanted too re-sign R&R as well, but Ronnie lacked the fresh legs and Ricky was getting old. Not to mention, Ronnie would have wanted to start and Ricky would have wanted a bigger role than just a 3rd string RB.

By signing Johnson, it's simply to bring experience and insurance to the team. He is not competing for the starting position, thats why they are simply scraping the bottom of the barrel. If anything, we have a proven back who is past his prime as our 3rd string RB.

Man I would hate to see the boards if sign another vet. Player, people will just go crazy and not in a good way!!

See this is where so many of you go wrong. These guys are currently not available without trades. Until roster cuts start trimming some talent that got stuck behind depth these moves cannot be made. Sheets was not going to work so why waste more time with him? Cut the dude bring in a guy who had success in the league and may be remotivated to make a quick buck for a year. If he still sucks cut him and go after some late roster cut talent. Pretty simple. But everything is sky is falling and we cannot even see the basic logic in this move.

Undrafted free agents require trades?

News to me.

the point of my initial post was that I would be targeting younger guys for that 3rd string spot...and if it meant a 6th or 7th round pick, I would rather spend that then bring in larry johnson...but then I don't run an NFL team so it really makes no difference..

As for different teams' moves being received differently...that is just a matter of success...of course people will think moves of good franchises are shrewd and the same moves by mediocre franchises are questionable...there is a reason why those franchises are good in the first place.

We have a rookie with fumbling problems, an injury prone Reggie Bush, who hasn't even come close to being an every down back in the NFL. LJ, or somebody else, may be carrying the Rock more than you think during the season.

Sparano has already said Larry Johnson may not even make the team. He will challenge Lex Hilliard, which is not a bad thing. At the very least, he can pass on some knowledge about his years in the NFL.

To say you have no faith in this regime is ridiculous to me. We have solid depth at every position for the first time in a long time, we finally pulled ourselves out of the hole of meaningless draft picks all while starting over from scratch after the 2007 season...

Last season, we had the 6th ranked defense with more youth than any other squad, we've beat the Jests 3 out of 4 times, beat Green Bay (Superbowl winners) in their own stadium. We have the talent, we just needed to get rid of the conservative playcalling. When Cortland Finnegan calls out your play at the line of scrimmage, you know you're too predictable...

Personally, I think we are building a strong, young, deep team and I'm excited for the future.

who's to say that ricky would've resigned with us anyway? dude wanted out, and had no problems about burning bridges on his way out the door. also in the past ricky made it be known he wouldn't be here without ronnie.

I don't really understand the LJ signing either, but I also don't care that much because he won't have much impact good or bad. He's just another player on the roster that won't see the field much.

PS I'm glad to be done with Ricky finally. I don't understand fans love affair with him at all.

i dont know, this just feels like ray willis to me.

They don't want to abuse DT in the preseason tackling drills.

Training camp fodder.

who cares, how could signing a third string running back for cheap be THE thing to make you lose faith. I would figure you would have lost all faith awhile ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think we are building a strong, young, deep team and I'm excited for the future.

Can't see how anyone doesn't see PRECISELY that. At this point in my Dolphins fandom, i am GRATEFUL for this product. I'm going in to the season thinking if my team gets hot at the right time, they can win it all.. I can't think of a more talented, deep defense from start to finish in the LEAGUE that i rather have...BIG things to come IMO. I cannot wait.

And when it comes down to it, Parcells gave us Ireland, so ultimately i'm glad we brought Parcells in.

Back
Top Bottom