I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy dolfan you may pop something.

Chambers is a great Wide out ill give you that, Booker is a few years removed from the probowl still good, Boston pass just like every other team in the NFL did this year.

I dont know about being so hyped up on your o-line but whatever.

EVERYONEs team is going to the superbowl in June, so cheers to that.

dolfan2010 said:
1) defense- it will be good this year!!!! i think we have enough veterns to keep things positive and help the younger guy learn the defense,wow and jason taylor will be AWESOME TOO!!!!! might lead the NFL in sacks.
2) offense- will surprise everyone!!!! our wr core will be one of the best in the NFL!!! Te mcMIKE will be one of the best at his pos...(pro BOWL) o-line w/ hudson leading the way will dominate nfl d-lines!!!!! Ohh and are RB will be the best in the NFL(hands down)......now on the QB front..i hate to say it but Frerotte gives us our best chance to win if touchy feeley doesnt learn the system fast enough or makes too many mistakes (either one will probably happen).

3) special teams- we should do well here also Mare,TUrk, Welker,plus are younger player should line up here as well...ATkins is back also.

4) schedule- there are only a few games that really worry im on are schedule..so im saying we have a 10-6 season ...no worse than a 9-7.... plus w/ ricky coming back who knows we could surprise everyone!!!! Its better that way I think, let think we are some chumps and when we visit you're town we will be the one walking away laughing!!!! (P.S JUst my thought fellow PHISH fans):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The optimism is great, but you should be prepared for a dissapointment or two during the season...

1. Defense will be adequate...it hinges on the play of the secondary...while that is Saban's specialty, we are very weak at safety and very thin at CB...there are several if's associated with the D.

2. Offense...best core WRs in the league ?? We haven't even seen Boston on the field yet ?? Chambers (and I believe that his problems have been because of Wanny) hasn't really proven anything other than he is a decent reciever...Booker is a solid reciever, but not a burner and not spectacular. What we have is a question and solid #3 and a solid #2...??? McMike is one of the top 7 or 8, but not the best in the league...he has dissapeared at times in games. The OL...the basic same players as last year...our biggest acquisition was for McDougle to replace arguably our one OL that had the best year last year (St. Clair)...HH will make a difference, but that's asking a lot from an OL that for years has been mediocre and then was poor last year.

QB...lots of questions there...Feeley is the better athlete, and best potential. Ferotte has proven to be inconsistent as a starter... He's is a journeyman at best. He may have an edge in minicamps and TC, but is that going to be good enough to get us to split the AFCE games ...I doubt it...

3. ST...Mare has been less than stellar for two years...I personally think he'll get his stuff back this year, but if we are relying on Mare too much, it means our O is not doing the job. Turk, Welker...status quo...Welker was spectacular to most of us last year because the rest of the team stunk the joint up...

The bottom line is that while things look rosy right now, they looked rosy this time last year too...We have a bunch of IFs to contend with...IF Boston produces, if RW can successfully return, if the OL gets their act together, if the DT play improves from last year (with Timbo gone and Chester a question and Trayler at 35 years old, if Mare gets back to his previous level, if Feeley or Ferrotte produce, if Brown proves he is the back of our future, etc....

Too many ifs to be as optimistic as you put things...(for me, anyways... but I'll still enjoy watching how things unfold)

LarryFinFan said:
The optimism is great, but you should be prepared for a dissapointment or two during the season...

1. Defense will be adequate...it hinges on the play of the secondary...while that is Saban's specialty, we are very weak at safety and very thin at CB...there are several if's associated with the D.

2. Offense...best core WRs in the league ?? We haven't even seen Boston on the field yet ?? Chambers (and I believe that his problems have been because of Wanny) hasn't really proven anything other than he is a decent reciever...Booker is a solid reciever, but not a burner and not spectacular. What we have is a question and solid #3 and a solid #2...??? McMike is one of the top 7 or 8, but not the best in the league...he has dissapeared at times in games. The OL...the basic same players as last year...our biggest acquisition was for McDougle to replace arguably our one OL that had the best year last year (St. Clair)...HH will make a difference, but that's asking a lot from an OL that for years has been mediocre and then was poor last year.

QB...lots of questions there...Feeley is the better athlete, and best potential. Ferotte has proven to be inconsistent as a starter... He's is a journeyman at best. He may have an edge in minicamps and TC, but is that going to be good enough to get us to split the AFCE games ...I doubt it...

3. ST...Mare has been less than stellar for two years...I personally think he'll get his stuff back this year, but if we are relying on Mare too much, it means our O is not doing the job. Turk, Welker...status quo...Welker was spectacular to most of us last year because the rest of the team stunk the joint up...

The bottom line is that while things look rosy right now, they looked rosy this time last year too...We have a bunch of IFs to contend with...IF Boston produces, if RW can successfully return, if the OL gets their act together, if the DT play improves from last year (with Timbo gone and Chester a question and Trayler at 35 years old, if Mare gets back to his previous level, if Feeley or Ferrotte produce, if Brown proves he is the back of our future, etc....

Too many ifs to be as optimistic as you put things...(for me, anyways... but I'll still enjoy watching how things unfold)

WHAT????

It looked like it was absolutely raining $HIT on us at this time last year.

just out of interest- has any team with a 4-12 record one year come back the next to win the big one or even get anywhere in the playoffs

Dolphan2010, you are a massive homer.

homer-1.jpg

Sorry to be the grammar police but it's "our" chances not "are" chances.;)

ch19079 said:
i havent laughed this hard in a while.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you did not watch many of the Dolphin games last year, but I know you must have seen two of those games.:lol:

Have we ever not rooted for our team and not liked our chances? Every team's fans are like this at this point of the year. Everyone is optimistic about their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom