I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
superphinfan said:
two year ago we missed the playoffs buy one stincken game with a 10-6 record, and look who was coaching. So why is it so hard to belive that we can't win more than 8 game this tear? better defence, better running game, better o-line, coaching ,etc.

I'll give ya better coaching, but unfortunately I don't think the running game, oline, and defense will be better. You've gotta add variables when you're comparing past seasons, and the IMO the AFC is alot better than it was 2 seasons ago, if Saban gets the team to 8 wins he gets coach of the year, because it's a new offense/defense, and Saban is a 1st year NFL head coach, coming to a team that has some talent, but just not as much as the Bills/Jets/and Patriots.

who ever started this thread.....what do you mean " I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!! what does ARE mean?? i am hoping you mean OUR and it was a typo and your really can SPEEL GUD

Has anyone forgot that you don't need a good QB to make it in this league? Does anyone remember when the Bucs won the SB that they had Brad Johnson at QB who is at best average. I mean the guy started his career in NFL Europe remind all of you. Yes, I know the main part of that team was defense and just like the Bucs we are a D-minded team, with a few missing pieces. I really don't care who is QB, as long as they throw the ball and not be like Garo Yepremian :rolleyes:. I also know that we probably won't make the SB this year or maybe even next but the chances of being much improved from last year are extremely better.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:
Has anyone forgot that you don't need a good QB to make it in this league? Does anyone remember when the Bucs won the SB that they had Brad Johnson at QB who is at best average. I mean the guy started his career in NFL Europe remind all of you. Yes, I know the main part of that team was defense and just like the Bucs we are a D-minded team, with a few missing pieces. I really don't care who is QB, as long as they throw the ball and not be like Garo Yepremian :rolleyes:. I also know that we probably won't make the SB this year or maybe even next but the chances of being much improved from last year are extremely better.

You may not of needed one a few years ago, but now you do IMO. Brad Johnson I believe was a pro bowl QB that season, so while he maybe an average QB, he was a very good Qb that season. If teams could get by with average QB play, than why how come it seemed that teams with very good Qb play were the "contenders" last season. The Bills last year with one of the best defenses in the league, the best special teams in the league could not even make the playoffs because of average Qb play.

I also like our chances but we all know how tough the division is. I believe we could go 10-6 tops if everything pans out. If everything does not pan out i could see us at 7-9 or 8-8 but as a devoted fish fan i do believe we will pick up a wildcard. Come swim with the fins 05-06

dolfan2010 said:
1) defense- it will be good this year!!!! i think we have enough veterns to keep things positive and help the younger guy learn the defense,wow and jason taylor will be AWESOME TOO!!!!! might lead the NFL in sacks.
2) offense- will surprise everyone!!!! our wr core will be one of the best in the NFL!!! Te mcMIKE will be one of the best at his pos...(pro BOWL) o-line w/ hudson leading the way will dominate nfl d-lines!!!!! Ohh and are RB will be the best in the NFL(hands down)......now on the QB front..i hate to say it but Frerotte gives us our best chance to win if touchy feeley doesnt learn the system fast enough or makes too many mistakes (either one will probably happen).

3) special teams- we should do well here also Mare,TUrk, Welker,plus are younger player should line up here as well...ATkins is back also.

4) schedule- there are only a few games that really worry im on are schedule..so im saying we have a 10-6 season ...no worse than a 9-7.... plus w/ ricky coming back who knows we could surprise everyone!!!! Its better that way I think, let think we are some chumps and when we visit you're town we will be the one walking away laughing!!!! (P.S JUst my thought fellow PHISH fans):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1) defense : DL is question. We have a question mark at DT, and FS.

2) offense : if the Oline pulls it together, I cant believe im saying this, but we could have an incredible offense this year.

3) special teams : Mare stinks. I hope no game rests on a 30 yard chip shot from the dirt. :lol:

4) Ummm, we have one of the hardest schedules in the NFL this year and we still play in the AFC East.

Glad there is a bumper crop of weed in south Florida again this year. Ya gotta be smokin somethin. I know I have been hittin' it pretty heavy too, as a Bills fan I am thinking Superbowl too.

Isn't it great to have the optimism flowing? It doesn't last long once the season starts, as we all know too well.

But at least this offseason has been better than last. I don't know how you guys survived that. I would have blown up the stadium or something. That was rough.

Good luck, and here's hoping the Pats implode.

ch19079 said:
i havent laughed this hard in a while.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh, I laughed harder when the Bills couldn't beat the Steelers 3rd string defense to get to the playoffs. :rofl3: :tongue:

Why cant we go to the Super Bowl this season we have enough talent. Sure there are questions in areas. But who says there wont be good answers to these questions. Look at Pittsburgh last year they went 15-1 the previous year they were 6-10. They had a rookie at qb for most of the year. They were one game short of the SB. We will have a running game and our qb will be good enough to win. our qb wiil only have to manage the game. Our defense will be strong as usual. Lastly our oline will be improved to a good line. The addition of a healty gordon, a good blocking back in Brown and of course Ricky. Add one of the best line coaches will help the line perform better.

dolfan2010 said:
hOW could you not like the dolphins chances? We have improved big time with new players and new coaches!!!

Because even with the improvement the Phins probably are not a better team than the Bills/Pats/Jets, so if they can't finish ahead of those teams than how will they be able to make the playoffs? If everything works out perfectly than perhaps the Phins can make the playoffs but that is a big "IF."

josephreese said:
I like to think our team has more talent than last year's record would indicate. Here's hoping.

Fins have a very difficult schedule this year.If the QB's can be consistantly accurate; Our running back threats could help them be better QB's.:evil::evil::evil: Offensive line will be a key part to everything. I hope H.H. will get them to be a better unit and kick some but.:evil::evil::evil:

Whitedolphin54 said:
just out of interest- has any team with a 4-12 record one year come back the next to win the big one or even get anywhere in the playoffs
04 San Diego chargers

If we can win early, unlike last year, then it will snowball. Then we'll be the beast of the AFC East again. We've got a real shot. Patriots won't be as good this year.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom