I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryFinFan said:
The optimism is great, but you should be prepared for a dissapointment or two during the season...

1. Defense will be adequate...it hinges on the play of the secondary...while that is Saban's specialty, we are very weak at safety and very thin at CB...there are several if's associated with the D.

2. Offense...best core WRs in the league ?? We haven't even seen Boston on the field yet ?? Chambers (and I believe that his problems have been because of Wanny) hasn't really proven anything other than he is a decent reciever...Booker is a solid reciever, but not a burner and not spectacular. What we have is a question and solid #3 and a solid #2...??? McMike is one of the top 7 or 8, but not the best in the league...he has dissapeared at times in games. The OL...the basic same players as last year...our biggest acquisition was for McDougle to replace arguably our one OL that had the best year last year (St. Clair)...HH will make a difference, but that's asking a lot from an OL that for years has been mediocre and then was poor last year.

QB...lots of questions there...Feeley is the better athlete, and best potential. Ferotte has proven to be inconsistent as a starter... He's is a journeyman at best. He may have an edge in minicamps and TC, but is that going to be good enough to get us to split the AFCE games ...I doubt it...

3. ST...Mare has been less than stellar for two years...I personally think he'll get his stuff back this year, but if we are relying on Mare too much, it means our O is not doing the job. Turk, Welker...status quo...Welker was spectacular to most of us last year because the rest of the team stunk the joint up...

The bottom line is that while things look rosy right now, they looked rosy this time last year too...We have a bunch of IFs to contend with...IF Boston produces, if RW can successfully return, if the OL gets their act together, if the DT play improves from last year (with Timbo gone and Chester a question and Trayler at 35 years old, if Mare gets back to his previous level, if Feeley or Ferrotte produce, if Brown proves he is the back of our future, etc....

Too many ifs to be as optimistic as you put things...(for me, anyways... but I'll still enjoy watching how things unfold)
Finally a post that makes sense!:cool:

LarryFinFan said:
The bottom line is that while things look rosy right now, they looked rosy this time last year too...

Huh?

Last yeaqr we'd already had Seaus verbal gaffe about homosexuals, and Ricky had tested positive (just not quit). I think there was even other stuff too.

There was a similar topic last night that seemed to have gotten lost, but my thoughts still apply:

I agree that too many people are discounting the Dolphins. You guys always play tough.

With that said, I also think a lot of people here are counting on things to happen too rapidly. Yes you now seem to have a great coaching staff, but it takes time to teach and implement a new system. Even the smartest of players will require time to learn and understand the system, nevermind the turnover your roster will have over the next 2-3 seasons as Saban replaces guys with "his" guys.

Good things await the Dolphins, but IMHO, those who are expecting an instant turn around are in for a surprise.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

THE THREAD THAT WILL NOT DIE HAS RETURNED!!!!!

BTW 2010, did you see the post in the Cox cable thread where you got owned by yours truly?

zachseau13 said:
Another thread that should have died long ago

Look at the first post of it....

Its coming up on it one month anniversary.

Then read the posts, the majority or bumps by 2010, saying nothing.

Losman7 said:

Yes. Im glad we dont have a reputatio-o-meter or I would have given that guy a negative billion by now. :lol:

Mods - Can't we get rid of these old threads that are continually bumped by the original poster

Losman7 said:

If you are so upset about it, let it die.

zachseau13 said:
Mods - Can't we get rid of these old threads that are continually bumped by the original poster
:spam:

It doesnt look like it. To me this thread is spam. Half the posts, including this one, are pointless spam on the main boards and deserved to be moved. I beg the mods to read these entire two threads and move them to the spam section.

NYinBostonFin said:
If you are so upset about it, let it die.
No. Because 2010 will just bump it in a few days. By poking fun at what he is doing, Losman7 and I hope he will see how silly he looks by continually bumping his 2 threads for absolutely no reason.

:spam: MMMMMMM AINT THAT $HeeiT GOOD!

nicksaban rules said:
The Dolphins Will Contend Every Season Under Saban's Watch You All Better Believe That This Man Eats Sleeps Football Its His Life He Works 12 Months 24 Hrs A Day We Are Blessed To Have Nick Sit Back And Enjoy Alot Of Winning As Soon As This Season.

Gregg Williams ate, and slept football 12 months 24 hrs a day and alot of good that did for Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom