I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am really starting to like are chances this yr!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what kind of record we end up with. We do have weaknesses any way you slice it dice it and chew it. but I do know that any team who plays the miami dolphins each week has a headache on their hands. I know for a fact that coaches like Shanahan, Holmgren,Billick and even Bellichick did not want to face the dolphins at all.........too scary. And it will be even more scarier with guys like zach and JT and Seua flying around.

Everybodies favorite team is going to win the Super Bowl in June. I kinda like the Phins chances of getting Matt Leinart much more than I like there chances of going to the playoffs, but perhaps I should put on my aqua and orange glasses now.

I am excited as well, but I just see so many question marks that it's hard to predict a 10-win type season. The team will certainly be better coached, more disciplined, much better on offense, and perhaps about as good on defense. I expect that Saban sees this as a 2-3 year project as he'll look to rebuild the interior of the defense (DT, Safety), perhaps need to find a young qb to build around (unless Feeley develops), add a big-time linebacker and maybe find a couple of more offensive linemen of starting caliber.

Overall, I'd say in the 6-9 win range this year.

dolfan2010 said:
1) defense- it will be good this year!!!! i think we have enough veterns to keep things positive and help the younger guy learn the defense,wow and jason taylor will be AWESOME TOO!!!!! might lead the NFL in sacks.
2) offense- will surprise everyone!!!! our wr core will be one of the best in the NFL!!! Te mcMIKE will be one of the best at his pos...(pro BOWL) o-line w/ hudson leading the way will dominate nfl d-lines!!!!! Ohh and are RB will be the best in the NFL(hands down)......now on the QB front..i hate to say it but Frerotte gives us our best chance to win if touchy feeley doesnt learn the system fast enough or makes too many mistakes (either one will probably happen).

3) special teams- we should do well here also Mare,TUrk, Welker,plus are younger player should line up here as well...ATkins is back also.

4) schedule- there are only a few games that really worry im on are schedule..so im saying we have a 10-6 season ...no worse than a 9-7.... plus w/ ricky coming back who knows we could surprise everyone!!!! Its better that way I think, let think we are some chumps and when we visit you're town we will be the one walking away laughing!!!! (P.S JUst my thought fellow PHISH fans):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the optimism, but were not going 10-6 this year, we will have 8 or 9 wins.

If somebody were to say at the beginning of last season that the SD chargers would be 12-4 after a 2 win season and the Steelers would be 15-1 after a 6 win season you would be laughed off this board. Miami was considered SB contenders before the start of the 2004 season but the combination of injuries, lack of practice time (hurricanes), some genius thinking they could throw a brand new o-line together and the defection of a Pro Bowl RB, leaving only an average 3rd down back to take over an offense designed for power running. Of course we were a losing team last season. Doesn't anyone see the difference between this year and last year? Last season we had the worst luck in NFL history....that would be hard to argue....the only thing that would have been worse would be if the whole team went down in a plane crash. I know there will be people out there who will read this and the first thing that will come to a simple mind is "Homer" because that is an easy thing to do. That word is for children who don't have the mental capacity to make a realistic arguement. I truly believe the 2005 Miami Dolphins have as much talent as anyone in the NFL and will prove that Sept. 11 by pounding the Bronco's. Confidence will soar after that. This will not be your 2004 Dolphins.

dolfan2010 said:
1)

4) schedule- there are only a few games that really worry im on are schedule..

I love your postive outlook on the upcoming year. Although I agree on some of your earlier points, I disagree with your thoughts on this years schedule.

Do you know that the combined record for teams we are playing this year is 140-116!!! Only 6 teams were below .500 last year and of those 6 teams we will play half of them on the road, which our record was a mere 1-7. 2 of those home games are against a good KC team and a very impressive Carolina team that placed 14 players on the ir during the season and went 6-2 the last half of the season. Not to mention we play the defending Super Bowl champs twice and 2 other games against division winners.

Being a Dolfan I would love to see the team win 10 games this year but realistically I predict a "positive" 6-10 record for the Fins.

Dolphins forever

From everything I have heard, adding Ronnie Brown to that is going to be the best chance we have had in years to having 2 RB's in the backfield capable of 1,000 yards apiece in the same season:tongue: Ronnie Brown could be the best "all purpose" back for the dolphins since Tony Nathan. Now that you have defenses watching that, I think you add Chambers, Boston, Booker & McMichael to that mix. What QB would not give his left nut for an offense that potentially potent. Believe me when I tell you with Ricky coming back that moved the ranking of our offense into the TOP 10 by the 8'th game of the year. If that doesn't work, or if he doesn't prove worthy enough to come back. TAKE HIM OUT IN THE PRESEASON. "If you know what I mean". The defense is going to be awesome as always. I really think the secondary will be better because of better presure up front. My biggest concern is at QB. If we are going to pick up one more I would say Blake.;)
On a lighter note, the Bills fans that keep coming to this site seem to be a bit worried. I would be too if I had a new relatively new QB that defenses are going to get to a lot easier this year. But Hey, all are welcome:goof:

two year ago we missed the playoffs buy one stincken game with a 10-6 record, and look who was coaching. So why is it so hard to belive that we can't win more than 8 game this tear? better defence, better running game, better o-line, coaching ,etc.

FinsForLife007 said:
And the Bills might win a game! Congratulations!

We have atleast two wins. We play the Phins twice. :goof:

dolfan2010 said:
1) defense- it will be good this year!!!! i think we have enough veterns to keep things positive and help the younger guy learn the defense,wow and jason taylor will be AWESOME TOO!!!!! might lead the NFL in sacks.
2) offense- will surprise everyone!!!! our wr core will be one of the best in the NFL!!! Te mcMIKE will be one of the best at his pos...(pro BOWL) o-line w/ hudson leading the way will dominate nfl d-lines!!!!! Ohh and are RB will be the best in the NFL(hands down)......now on the QB front..i hate to say it but Frerotte gives us our best chance to win if touchy feeley doesnt learn the system fast enough or makes too many mistakes (either one will probably happen).

3) special teams- we should do well here also Mare,TUrk, Welker,plus are younger player should line up here as well...ATkins is back also.

4) schedule- there are only a few games that really worry im on are
schedule..so im saying we have a 10-6 season ...no worse than a 9-7.... plus w/ ricky coming back who knows we could surprise everyone!!!! Its better that way I think, let think we are some chumps and when we visit you're town we will be the one walking away laughing!!!! (P.S JUst my thought fellow PHISH fans):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you know what i was talking to a couple friends today and i was telling them the same thing that we would go 10-6 or the worst we would do was 9-7 i have been a dolphin 4 24 years now and im a 100% with u on this one we WILL SURPRISE THIS YEAR U CAN COUNT ON THAT:evil:

Whitedolphin54 said:
just out of interest- has any team with a 4-12 record one year come back the next to win the big one or even get anywhere in the playoffs

HOW ABOUT CAROLINA IN THERE 2ND YEAR THEY WAS WHAT ? ONE GAME FROM THE SB :evil:

Our qb situation seems terrible as described by Len Pasquerelli in his latest tip sheet, commenting on the QB battle (paraphrased) "Frerotte doesn't even have to be at his best to beat out Feeley, who quite frankly looked worse than 3rd stringer Sage Rosenfels in the team's minicamps"... In essence, Frerotte has little to no competition, which is scary considering that we are saying that in the sense of "he's the only one thats even serviceable" as compared to a "he has no competition because he's so damn good". Unless our D is at the 2000 Ravens level, our lack of QB will be magnified ten-fold~ unfortunately

I like our chances to be competitive and even make a run at the Playoff's. I somehow don't see us making them though or going very far if we do, but improvement is improvement and that's what we'll see this year... talk to me in 2 years, and i'll say this thread is pretty accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom