I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think Chase and Pitts will be drafted before our pick, especially after Pitts' pro day. So, if that happens what should we do ?

I think Chase and Pitts will be drafted before our pick, especially after Pitts' pro day. So, if that happens what should we do ?
i disagree.

but i think they needed to like 3 players (or more) to settle at 6.

so, whoever that third guy on the board is (smith, waddle, parsons, slater, sewell, etc.)

or, if Fields (or some other coveted QB) is on the board, try to trade down to Denver (and still get Smith or Waddle or Slater or Parsons or Sewell, etc.)

IMO the Bengals would be crazy to pass on Sewell after Burrow’s season ending knee injury. The kid had to run for his life on most passing downs. I get the connection Chase has to Burrow, but a WR like Marshall has the same connection and they could pick him up early day 2.

IMO the Bengals would be crazy to pass on Sewell after Burrow’s season ending knee injury. The kid had to run for his life on most passing downs. I get the connection Chase has to Burrow, but a WR like Marshall has the same connection and they could pick him up early day 2.
and i'm pretty sure ATL takes a QB or trades the pick to someone who wants a QB.

I think we will miss out and pick Smith/Waddle. I think Cinn will go with Chase due to bond with Burrow and they'll get a lineman down the line. I hope Chae/Pitts/Waddle/Smith is there but I think Pitts is redlining up the boards with all the GMS/Coaches salivating over him

I think one of the two will likely drop. Atlanta could take a QB, or trade the pick. Watch for Denver or New England to potentially trade up.

If four quarterbacks are selected ahead of Miami, either Pitts or Chase will be available.

For what it's worth, I think the Dolphins are targeting Chase or Smith.

I think the wildcard in all of this is Waddle. While I do think there’s a better than average chance that one of Pitts or Chase makes it to #6, in the event that they’re both gone, I’m starting to feel more and more like Miami will pivot from Smith and go with Waddle.

If I was a betting man, I’d actually wager that both Pitts and Chase will be available when Miami picks. I’m really starting to feel like Atlanta is either going to use #4 to take a shot at getting Matt Ryan’s replacement or trade out with Denver. If we really think about it, Atlanta probably really hopes/doesn’t plan on drafting in the top 5 again anytime soon, so the real value for them is either getting the QB of the future, or leveraging #4 into extra draft capital to a QB needy team. It just doesn’t make sense for them to stay put at 4 and take Pitts. With Cincy, I could easily see them taking Chase and reuniting him with his college QB, but I think we’re all starting to forget Joe Burrow being carted off the field with a shattered leg and the fact that Cincy still really needs to add an O-Line anchor to protect their brand new franchise QB.

Last edited:

That's the type of move that deserves to get everyone in that organization fired immediately!
Can't turn that kid into David Carr!
You MUST protect the franchise QB before anything else!

You don't "hope" that a good OL talent will be there with your 2nd round pick etc.
You have the ability to draft one of the best with your 1st round pick and that's what you do.

You don't add to a position where you already have some strenght and pass up a glearing position of need.

Back
Top Bottom