I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

I think one of the two will likely drop. Atlanta could take a QB, or trade the pick. Watch for Denver or New England to potentially trade up.

If four quarterbacks are selected ahead of Miami, either Pitts or Chase will be available.

For what it's worth, I think the Dolphins are targeting Chase or Smith.
I believe this is the case too.

Another Pitts is a HOF before he's even played a down in the nfl. :rolleyes:

I hope NE trades up for a QB and sells their future for the next Josh Rosen. Every year there is a QB bust in the top 10. This would end up being the end for Belicheck

Smith would be an excellent consolation prize if you want to think that way. But for me I don’t see him as a consolation prize, I’ll take any of those top 3 or Waddle they’re all level pegging in my eyes.

Smith would be an excellent consolation prize if you want to think that way. But for me I don’t see him as a consolation prize, I’ll take any of those top 3 or Waddle they’re all level pegging in my eyes.
But...but...but Pitts pro day....he ran fast in his underwear.

People need to get off the fact Sewell won’t be in a Dolphins uniform. There is no need for him here.
There is just as much need for Sewell as there is for TE or WR imo.

Didn't KC fire both their Tackles after the Super bowl? Funny how somethings not a need til it is

Interesting. Sewell was linked to Miami for a while until Pitts impressed people running and working out in his underwear.

I am not saying we draft him. But its foolish for anyone to claim any top prospect is not needed here. Miami will benefit from any of the top 6 offensive prospects.

I don't think we are targeting either player. Never would have tradwd down if we were, just makes no sense.

But...but...but Pitts pro day....he ran fast in his underwear.

And he dominated a very tough conference. And at least he tested unlike the Alabama players. So there is that.

Atlanta would be foolish not to. Matt Ryan is a good QB and I get gearing up to take one final run with him. I’d do the same if I were them. But if you’re planning on pushing to contend in the next couple years, you can’t expect to be picking as high as #4 any time soon. That means your best bet for a QB of the future is to take one this year. If Trey Lance is sitting there – a kid with a ton of talent but who is very raw – how do you not take him and park him on the bench behind Ryan for a couple years to learn? Who better for him to learn from? It seems like a great fit.

And if you don’t like a QB this year, then your best bet is to trade down with someone who does (Denver would be ideal) and get a bunch of draft capital in the process. You don’t maximize the value of #4 by doing anything than taking a QB or trading out to someone who wants one.
You are correct, sir!

All the talk of the Bengals needing an OT would have most thinking, they'd be drafting Sewell. But it sure doesn't seem that way now. Jamarr Chase seems ticketed to Cincinnati, especially with Burrow there. The draft is deep enough at OT, where the Bengals could get a starting caliber OT at the top of round 2.

The Falcons are Miami's only real hope Miami is assured of a potential Pitts pick at #6, unless of course Jerry Jones does Jerry Jones things and trades up to #4 to pick Pitts.

Fun times ahead if both Pitts and Chase are off the board. Gonna be nuts on Finheaven. I'm not expecting either to be a Dolphin, just because it be so Dolphin like to miss out on 2 premium talents at a position of need. I'm all for trading but not until your on the clock. Once Miami traded down, every team looking to trade up, potentially opened up a pandoras box of speculation on Pitts and Chase going before #6.

Draft Smith, Waddle or Sewell and they will still get an elite player no matter which of these players they draft. If the Dolphins were concerned with not being able to draft Pitts and Chase, they would not have traded down to begin with.

Trade down again because Lance or Fields will still be on the board!

Or take Sewell!

I think Chase and Pitts will be drafted before our pick, especially after Pitts' pro day. So, if that happens what should we do ?

I think one of the two will be available. Nonetheless, the question is 'does Flo care.' Either he is confident one will be there or he doesn't care

Back
Top Bottom