I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

Pitts, Chase, Smith or Waddle, I mean, seriously, how can you go wrong with any of these guys. I am stoked for the draft and really worried about who the Dolphins take at 18th pick. I hope it's and edge rusher or a running back.

Burrow had to run around because he held the ball too long and is a running quarterback anyway. He always waits until the play breaks down and takes off. No offensive line help is going to change that except if the game slows down a bit, he makes his read and gets rid of the dumb ball. I think he needs a wide receiver like Chase and confidence to throw it. I am very much simplifying and giving the short version, but I don't think offensive line help is the priority in Bengal land. Pitts does give him a better faster outlet as those plays are there quicker than the long play down the field to Chase. But we are talking microseconds. In the NFL, it makes a huge difference, just ask Sam Darnold. I think the Bengals would be better served, now that they do have a franchise quarterback, to trade that number for more help that can be had without a single guy in Sewell.

It will be interesting when both Pitts and/or Chase are on the board and we draft Smith or Sewell.

Can't wait to read the comments then.

It will be interesting when both Pitts and/or Chase are on the board and we draft Smith or Sewell.

Can't wait to read the comments then.
Hair pulling, dress wetting, and primal scream therapy from some...

From the moment we traded down i've been on record saying i think the Bengals take Chase.

If Pitts goes 4 to Atlanta, i do agree both will be gone by 6.

Agreed! With them off the board I would pick Sewell or Waddle at 6. Harris at 18 though, we need a RB.

and i'm pretty sure ATL takes a QB or trades the pick to someone who wants a QB.
Atlanta would be foolish not to. Matt Ryan is a good QB and I get gearing up to take one final run with him. I’d do the same if I were them. But if you’re planning on pushing to contend in the next couple years, you can’t expect to be picking as high as #4 any time soon. That means your best bet for a QB of the future is to take one this year. If Trey Lance is sitting there – a kid with a ton of talent but who is very raw – how do you not take him and park him on the bench behind Ryan for a couple years to learn? Who better for him to learn from? It seems like a great fit.

And if you don’t like a QB this year, then your best bet is to trade down with someone who does (Denver would be ideal) and get a bunch of draft capital in the process. You don’t maximize the value of #4 by doing anything than taking a QB or trading out to someone who wants one.

People need to get off the fact Sewell won’t be in a Dolphins uniform. There is no need for him here.

People need to get off the fact Sewell won’t be in a Dolphins uniform. There is no need for him here.

I'm usually an advocate of taking top players at the highly valued positions (OT, Edge, CB) if i'm picking top 10 as those guys are heard to find - but i really really like the depth of this tackle class.

I think Miami would be foolish not to grab one one Day 2.

Back
Top Bottom