I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

I didn't nit pick and crit your post and I could have.

To me he fits the general inferred definition of prima donna.

Inflated view of himself. Add entitled. And "above" normal convention that others are expected to conform to.

I could go on but you obviously have a personal agenda beyond the basic discussion -- essentially advocating for him.

Count me out. End of story.
You are wrong thinking you know my agenda. I don’t base my agenda on hatred.

I would be happy with either Pitts, Chase, Smith or Sewell.

And when it comes to acquiring future draft picks, particularly 1st round picks, and still getting one of those players, I am in favor of it.

So if that is called an agenda, I guess I do have one.

Last edited:
Smith went from Heisman Trophy and best player on the best team in college football to a diminutive Incredible Shrinking Man in a couple of months? The guy is not a glorified punt returner (see Ted Ginn) and he’d be a great get for Tua, like Chase will be for Burrow. Quit overthinking this stuff, look at the tape.

Kind of ironic to call Smith a fraud because he didnt have a pro day but played and dominated the SEC while blowing a gasket for missing out on a guy who decided to not play football but run drills instead... Cant make this **** up...

I have a feeling Atlanta thinks Matt can still do anything Nick Foles could ever do and he was a super bowl MVP. They have visions of him going out with a dream scenario like that. That means they want a Heisman Trophy type wide receiver in my opinion. Some flash and big plays. Pitts gives you nice chunk yards, moves the chains and is a very safe pick. I think they go a little more showtime. I think Pitts will be there when Miami is on the clock.

Not seeing Atlanta drafting a QB unless they think Ryan is completely shot or Lance/Shields are two year projects.

Ryan is $70 mil in dead cap this year, $40 mil in 2022, and $15 mil in 2023.

Best chance for 1-4 being QBs is Atlanta trades down.

Well, I respect your opinion. But couldn't disagree more strongly. Smith is a borderline joke for the NFL IMO -- playing college at 155 maybe 160. How the hell else you justify his refusing to weigh at the SR Bowl and then after fattening up for a month or more comes in at 170! I don't like players I don't trust -- hiding things and trying to circumvent the the system where there's MILLIONS of dollars on the line -- but that primadonna won't weigh, wont test, wont run... That's pure BS IMO. Kid wants to do that then fine. But I ain't buying that crap with the #6 pick in the draft.

Hey, I reserve the right to be completely wrong about the kids career in the NFL. But regardless of what happens I am pretty disgusted by the way he's handled "business." And for that alone I'm a hard pass. There are some significant psychological factors in the background --- IMO.

Sewell @ 6 is barf! For a number of reasons -- most of all because we NEED players that score TDs not another OT/OG. Not with that pick. Which was the #3 pick in the draft not too long ago.

So we'll see how it plays out. And like I said if I'm wrong then so be it -- I'm just going on my "impressions" with some degree of logic involved.
Would you also pass on Chase for refusing to put on tape what he would look like without Burrow at QB and Jefferson driving the offense?

One passed on weigh ins and drills. The other passed on football.

Just wondering if you're consistent.

Would you also pass on Chase for refusing to put on tape what he would look like without Burrow at QB and Jefferson driving the offense?

One passed on weigh ins and drills. The other passed on football.

Just wondering if you're consistent.
Stop the nonsense.

Chase tested. He ran. He weighed in. Nothing to hide.

Don't conflate totally different situations in an attempt to fabricate a comparative.

And BTW --------- the entire attempt to deflect crit of stick man by such mechanisms in NO WAY

denies the core issue with someone who's obviously intent on hiding and/or misrepresenting

their "product." Obviously there's ZERO reason this kid ("smitty") conducted himself in the way he has

unless he's HIDING something. You want to be a fanboy boy for someone like that -- well

that's your right. No prob with that. But don't try to lay down a bunch of BS smoke in

an attempt to hide / confuse the core issue. That's my take.

Stop the nonsense.

Chase tested. He ran. He weighed in. Nothing to hide.

Don't conflate totally different situations in an attempt to fabricate a comparative.

And BTW --------- the entire attempt to deflect crit of stick man by such mechanisms in NO WAY

denies the core issue with someone who's obviously intent on hiding and/or misrepresenting

their "product." Obviously there's ZERO reason this kid ("smitty") conducted himself in the way he has

unless he's HIDING something. You want to be a fanboy boy for someone like that -- well

that's your right. No prob with that. But don't try to lay down a bunch of BS smoke in

an attempt to hide / confuse the core issue. That's my take.
Nothing to hide except how he'd look without Burrow throwing him the ball or Jefferson pulling defenders, I guess.

So you're not consistent. Got it.

Cry me a river, Pitts gets concussions, Chase bailed on his team because if the Cov. No matter how talented a player is if they are on the bench because of injury or holding out over money they are not worth much to us. While I am all in on talent no one knows what is in a players heart or how soon a injury will side line their career but you can look at their past and take a educated guess. That means if you consider that Smith is the safest best choice at this point. Of course I also am a believer that their is safety in numbers so if I was calling the shots lots of trade backs more pick 2 at each position so if one fails you have a backup plan. Vikings are good at this.

If skill position players go 4 and 5 that leaves two top QB prospects available at 6. Someone is going to be offering a kings ransom to trade up.

If Grier misread the tea leaves and the prospect hes after gets taken before 6 there shouldn't be any hesitation in trading down.

They’re are some here that are totally overreacting but I do understand their frustration. I agree with those here that Pitts/Chase are who I also want and I’ve been on JaMarr Chase for awhile. All my previous posts can be seen to back this up. I also come around on the Pitts idea a little while back and I think he’s probably the most talented guy in the draft besides TLaw. However I think Cincy is going to take Chase bc that’s what Burrow wants. The key here is Atlanta and what they decide to do at 4 but I believe they’ll end up staying put and select Pitts. That’s just what I think from everything I’ve been told and read.

Where I think the overreaction comes is that people see us not getting Pitts/Chase who are a tier above Smith/Waddle in some minds. I agree with that and no I wouldn’t feel spectacular with Smith/Waddle like I would with Pitts/Chase but at the end of the day this is still the NFL draft. Between Pitts/Chase/Smith/Waddle it’s almost a guarantee that all 4 are not going to hit and none of us including the scouts know who’s going to hit and who’s going to bust. It’s not the worst thing in the world to end up with Smith/Waddle bc for all we know 1 of those guys might be the hit. I’ve stated on here before that chances are between Chase/Smith/Waddle 1 will be great 1 will be average and 1 will bust. Nobody knows and to just throw a fit bc we don’t end up with the 1 or 2 we want most is an overreaction.

I want Kyle Pitts to be the pick. I think he checks every box and will help us from the moment he steps onto the field. If not Pitts then Chase but if we end up with Smith/Waddle I’ll still be excited and have the same hope for them that I do for Pitts/Chase.

Let me throw this out there that I don’t think many people are considering. We gave up our own 1st round pick for next year to move back up to 6. Who’s to say we didn’t move back up to take the QB that’s left? Whichever it may be between Fields/Lance/Jones. I’ve started to wonder this over the last week bc giving up a 1st round pick especially our own rather than SF who I think is at minimum a playoff team is head scratching to me. I’m not saying that’s what I think we’re going to do bc I don’t. I’m just throwing it out there as a possibility that many arent considering. It would be totally out of left field but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Back
Top Bottom