I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

If that happened it would be a huge bummer because we would probably draft Smith and I just don’t think he’s worthy of a pick that high.

Thankfully I don’t see that happening....we will get our shot at one of the two, probably not both. Imo the most likely scenario is the Bengals draft Chase but the Falcons either draft a QB or trade to a team that drafts a QB.

I hope that Grier is smart enough to realize if Pitts is available you don’t take Smith before him, but nothing Grier does will shock me. I almost expect him to do some stupid shvt like draft Smith at 6 and then Najee Harris at 18.

I'm beginning to see your points. Especially if Pitts and Chase are gone. I wasn't happy about what Grier gave up to move back up to #6. But as disappointed as I was, I was still happy about what Miami got out of San Francisco. My hope is Parsons is in serious consideration at #6.
My feeling also. Look at the totality of this thread and others like it. People are happy with Chase, Pitts, or Smith. The people that argue for Sewell, although in the minority, make sense. Same for Waddle. And Parsons. And 1 or 2 of those, maybe 3, will be there at 12. If 4 QB's, Horn, Surtain, Slater, and a wildcard go in the top 12....

Despite this, I'm not apocalyptic about it, I'm not calling Grier an idiot, or anything like that. We'll get a very good player at 6. And more in later rounds, I hope.

Kind of ironic to call Smith a fraud because he didnt have a pro day but played and dominated the SEC while blowing a gasket for missing out on a guy who decided to not play football but run drills instead... Cant make this **** up...
Only on FH does the Pro (unofficial underoo olympics) Day mean more than a season of football shortened by Covid or not

They’re are some here that are totally overreacting but I do understand their frustration. I agree with those here that Pitts/Chase are who I also want and I’ve been on JaMarr Chase for awhile. All my previous posts can be seen to back this up. I also come around on the Pitts idea a little while back and I think he’s probably the most talented guy in the draft besides TLaw. However I think Cincy is going to take Chase bc that’s what Burrow wants. The key here is Atlanta and what they decide to do at 4 but I believe they’ll end up staying put and select Pitts. That’s just what I think from everything I’ve been told and read.

Where I think the overreaction comes is that people see us not getting Pitts/Chase who are a tier above Smith/Waddle in some minds. I agree with that and no I wouldn’t feel spectacular with Smith/Waddle like I would with Pitts/Chase but at the end of the day this is still the NFL draft. Between Pitts/Chase/Smith/Waddle it’s almost a guarantee that all 4 are not going to hit and none of us including the scouts know who’s going to hit and who’s going to bust. It’s not the worst thing in the world to end up with Smith/Waddle bc for all we know 1 of those guys might be the hit. I’ve stated on here before that chances are between Chase/Smith/Waddle 1 will be great 1 will be average and 1 will bust. Nobody knows and to just throw a fit bc we don’t end up with the 1 or 2 we want most is an overreaction.

I want Kyle Pitts to be the pick. I think he checks every box and will help us from the moment he steps onto the field. If not Pitts then Chase but if we end up with Smith/Waddle I’ll still be excited and have the same hope for them that I do for Pitts/Chase.

Let me throw this out there that I don’t think many people are considering. We gave up our own 1st round pick for next year to move back up to 6. Who’s to say we didn’t move back up to take the QB that’s left? Whichever it may be between Fields/Lance/Jones. I’ve started to wonder this over the last week bc giving up a 1st round pick especially our own rather than SF who I think is at minimum a playoff team is head scratching to me. I’m not saying that’s what I think we’re going to do bc I don’t. I’m just throwing it out there as a possibility that many arent considering. It would be totally out of left field but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

All the talk of the Bengals needing an OT would have most thinking, they'd be drafting Sewell. But it sure doesn't seem that way now. Jamarr Chase seems ticketed to Cincinnati, especially with Burrow there. The draft is deep enough at OT, where the Bengals could get a starting caliber OT at the top of round 2.
I think this is exactly how it will go down.

Sewell didn’t even test top 5 worthy. Doubt he moved any needle.

slater lacks the the frame that goes top 5.

even cinci can’t screw this one up. Miami gift wrapped it to ya

Be fine since the team clearly was ok with this possibility and taking the best of the rest when they maneuvered back from 3 to 6.

Not that it's all that likely we'll see both go before our pick, though.

That's the type of move that deserves to get everyone in that organization fired immediately!
Can't turn that kid into David Carr!
You MUST protect the franchise QB before anything else!

You don't "hope" that a good OL talent will be there with your 2nd round pick etc.
You have the ability to draft one of the best with your 1st round pick and that's what you do.

You don't add to a position where you already have some strenght and pass up a glearing position of need.
Maybe they don't have that high of an evaluation on Sewell and they think that guys available later on will be just as good.

People think NFL teams are just drafting the guys they feel good about in round one, but they aren't. If they feel good about a guy they think will be available in a later round, they are drafting that guy in a later round. They are trying to get good value out of every pick. A lot of times, teams feel more excited about a guy they draft in round 2 than round 1, but they know that they won't get the first round guy if they wait, whereas they are likely to get their guy in round 2 if they wait. This isn't just my opinion or observation, though its the strategy I would take, guys like Pioli, Bellicheck, Dimitroff, and Rich McKay have put it in writing.

3 QBs going 1-2-3 at minimum. That means Sewell/Pitts/Chase are left. Take any of those 3 and start getting ready for 18 whether staying there, moving down or even up to get another guy if they like.

I think when its all done were getting Chase. Either Pitts or another QB for ATL and CIN will take Sewell. Id be happpy with any of them honestly. Just no to Smith at 6.

Maybe they don't have that high of an evaluation on Sewell and they think that guys available later on will be just as good.

People think NFL teams are just drafting the guys they feel good about in round one, but they aren't. If they feel good about a guy they think will be available in a later round, they are drafting that guy in a later round. They are trying to get good value out of every pick. A lot of times, teams feel more excited about a guy they draft in round 2 than round 1, but they know that they won't get the first round guy if they wait, whereas they are likely to get their guy in round 2 if they wait. This isn't just my opinion or observation, though its the strategy I would take, guys like Pioli, Bellicheck, Dimitroff, and Rich McKay have put it in writing.

You're absolutely right! Although i'm not sure which guys could "possibly" be available in the 2nd round plus that could have a grade "just as good" as Sewell!

More power to them!

3 QBs going 1-2-3 at minimum. That means Sewell/Pitts/Chase are left. Take any of those 3 and start getting ready for 18 whether staying there, moving down or even up to get another guy if they like.

I think when its all done were getting Chase. Either Pitts or another QB for ATL and CIN will take Sewell. Id be happpy with any of them honestly. Just no to Smith at 6.
sounds like settling to me. id like to be aggressive and get exactly who we want, based on our scouting and evals.

You're absolutely right! Although i'm not sure which guys could "possibly" be available in the 2nd round plus that could have a grade "just as good" as Sewell!

More power to them!
I can't claim to know much about the tackle market in the draft. I've heard the top two guys and then my knowledge of the draft stock at that position is limited to what's been mentioned in this thread.

Maybe Cincy has an OL solution in mind for later rounds, maybe they don't. I think we can all agree that if they come out of this without significant help, that's gonna be an issue. At the end of the day, I think their head coach is gonna be an issue anyway.

I agree with you, the Bengals will draft Sewell to protect Joe Burrow's blind side. if not, they are run by morons.
So if the Bengals pass on drafting Sewell and Sewell is on the board when the Dolphins pick at 6, will Grier be a moron if he doesn’t draft Sewell?
The Dolphins offensive line was below average last year and Tua was under constant pressure. So it would appear that as much as they do need skill position players on offense. They also need to continue to upgrade the talent on their offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom