I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going by a stat I think KB posted a while back that made me REALLY comfortable. Feeley, in limited chances with a VERY WEAK receiving team had a high percentage of passes over 20 yards. It showed statistically that Feeley didn't just "manage" games, he actually MADE plays.

If somebody can shine some more light on what I'm talking about here, go ahead by all means.

I think AJ will, at the very least, be a big upgrade over Fiedler. I can't wait to see an accurate passer. I forget what they look like! hehehe

I'm glad we only acquired a crappy QB in the offseason...this means Fiedler will be back behind center by week #4 and Jay is one of the best in the league!

I'm still waiting for the new information we didn't know about.

Seriously, what was said in that article that hasn't been said 5000 times here already?? I understand it was written in February. But still, that guy disliked the move from the start. He has never seen Feeley play. He found what he wanted to find. And disregarded (or just plain missed) the "redeeming" points.

But the best part was this hack claiming that Rick's entire research on Feeley consisted of analyzing stats from six games. I mean, is this guy serious?? What a joke!! And this guy writes for someone?? Good lord. I'm almost embarassed that it somehow made its way here.

dean_siu said:
I'm glad we only acquired a crappy QB in the offseason...this means Fiedler will be back behind center by week #4 and Jay is one of the best in the league!

Wow, i didnt know Jay Fiedler visits this board himself!!!

All this talk doesn't matter. What matters is what he can do out on the filed on preseason and then the regular season. I can't wait to see him play this preseason to see what he can do.

Ozzy rules!!

Bodzilla29 said:
Feeley's career.

Behind the #3 OVERALL pick in the draft.

Behind a million dollar QB, drafted #2 overall.

How is he supposed to get on the field. Did the guy's "research" show him that?

Before your so quick to judge his "research" keep in mind the history of Franchise QB's.

TWICE in recent history, legitimate solidified franchise QB's have been unseated by the great play of lowly QB's. Greene and Bledsoe were given the boot for Warner and Brady.

History shows, if a backup plays well though, he can certainly unseat a franchise QB. This "research' shows, that even though his play was considered by some to be 'excellent" it wasn't good enough to unseat a career #2 QB in detmer, much less even touch an established QB. Had his play TRUELY been as great as some think it was, he would have given Mcnabb a run for his money, or at the very least been named the #2 man going into 03. Neither happened, makes you question if he was really that good.

just something to think about, not saying I agree either way, it's just another thing to add into the equation.

Ok, I've read most of this. Everyone has their opinion. Here's mine.

Two years ago everyone hated Fiedler, they all said that since Lucas had a better camp let him start! He didn't start and everyone cried and moaned. Then Fiedler got hurt and people were happy that now their savior was in. Lucas came in and single handedly snatch defeat from the grasp of victory with his awe inspiring 6 turn overs in one game. People wanted Fiedler out, they got it. They got what they wanted, Lucas to start.

Last season people said that Griese should start. He's much better then Fiedler could be. Griese has been to the pro bowl. Let Griese start. There were even web sites for that. Yet again, those fans got what they wanted. Griese got to start. He did an amazing job of defeating a high school football team (see 2003 San Diego Chargers) and praise fell from the heavens. Then alas, lightning struck and our boy wonder was cast upon the rocks. All those calling for Griese to start were shockingly quiet. Fiedler comes back in on a Monday night (I know it was a night game) and brings the Dolphins back to victory.
Maybe its just me, but I see a pattern here with people all wanting anyone but Fiedler. I'm not a major supporter of his. I'll support who ever is playing no matter who it is. But all this kid has done is give his all, lead the team as best he could, and lead them must better then any other QB we've had. He's ugly, probably smells funny, but at least he plays with heart and gives his all. I can't say that about some of our coaching staff. Until someone can PROVE they are better, then Fiedler has my vote. Unlike some, I won't just vote for "anyone but Fiedler". They have to earn it from me.

The moral of the story...be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

IceStorm said:
Ok, I've read most of this. Everyone has their opinion. Here's mine.

Two years ago everyone hated Fiedler, they all said that since Lucas had a better camp let him start! He didn't start and everyone cried and moaned. Then Fiedler got hurt and people were happy that now their savior was in. Lucas came in and single handedly snatch defeat from the grasp of victory with his awe inspiring 6 turn overs in one game. People wanted Fiedler out, they got it. They got what they wanted, Lucas to start.

Last season people said that Griese should start. He's much better then Fiedler could be. Griese has been to the pro bowl. Let Griese start. There were even web sites for that. Yet again, those fans got what they wanted. Griese got to start. He did an amazing job of defeating a high school football team (see 2003 San Diego Chargers) and praise fell from the heavens. Then alas, lightning struck and our boy wonder was cast upon the rocks. All those calling for Griese to start were shockingly quiet. Fiedler comes back in on a Monday night (I know it was a night game) and brings the Dolphins back to victory.
Maybe its just me, but I see a pattern here with people all wanting anyone but Fiedler. I'm not a major supporter of his. I'll support who ever is playing no matter who it is. But all this kid has done is give his all, lead the team as best he could, and lead them must better then any other QB we've had. He's ugly, probably smells funny, but at least he plays with heart and gives his all. I can't say that about some of our coaching staff. Until someone can PROVE they are better, then Fiedler has my vote. Unlike some, I won't just vote for "anyone but Fiedler". They have to earn it from me.

The moral of the story...be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

It was a Sunday night game v.s. Redskins.

sounds like some1 just wants to start a new thread! come on this has been beatin to death , over and over... give him a chance and see what he can do. it might not show this year but mayb next .. damn people , how about letting feeley have some time to learn and get comfortable! u know jay has had alot of time to show what he can do, so why not give feeley a few years... end of story.......

dean_siu said:

Yes.... We all know ..... He is a HOF caliber QB crippled by horrid OL and WR play. :roflmao:

Oh if only you were an NFL GM that we could make a trade with...... :lol:

GO AJ FEELEY.... PLEASE!

I think there is no question everyone in the NFL thinks a number 2 was to high, that is a fair asesment. Discounting what AJ did in Philly isn't that fair. Keep in mind he came in his first game as the 3rd string QB. To put that in perspective look at what Greise and Lucas have done comming in as the #2 guy. The number 2 guy actully gets reps in practice. The #3 guy leads the practice squad. He came in not really knowing the game plan or the WRs he was throwing to, and he lead the eagles to a TD in his only drive of the game. He then went on to win 4 games out of 5. You say those teams had losing records, but I choose to look at a 3rd string QB that had no expierince in the offense wond 4 games in 5 tries. Buffalo wasn't exactly taking over the NFL when Lucas had 6 turn over in one game. He had no running game, Mcnabb was the Eagles leading rusher when AJ took over, and he had no WR to even mention, and a 3rd string QB rallied the troops.

What does this all mean? Who the hell knows. I do know that he has 2 very good WRs, a very good pass catching TE, 2 RBs that are great pass catchers out of the back feild, and a RB that everyone will focus on. He could be the next superstar QB that came out of nowhere or he could be a flop. It wouldn't be much differint than the past 4 years when we had a flop line up behind center. At least were not like 2 other teams in the NFL that traded away their whole drafts for QBs that have never taken a NFL snap.

This is a dumb article. I have no time for this sort of horse****. You KNOW that Feeley will NEVER get a proper chance at the spot in the eyes of the fans, no matter what he does.

Feeley had an injury in college which weakened his arm and loosened off his accuracy.

I'll be here with a full report from experts within camp once it gets underway, and I can tell you that AJ Feeley was the Eagles best QB the last two years. Many, many pro scouts will agree with you on that.

What a waste of time [the article]. Why even post it then haul azz? :shakeno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom