I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOD said:
It's just another opinion Sherif.

BTW....

What did Frank Coyle say about Ryan Leaf?

Since you ask, here is what Sports Illustrated had to say -

"Leaf appears to be the hot QB in this draft, and he led WSU to a storybook season...He is a physically imposing QB with great size and strength....he is very sturdy and durable in the pocket, and is a surprisingly good athlete for his size...He has a strong arm and shows good touch, and can change up the speed on his passes...He has good feet, but is not really a scrambler. However, he can stand in and take the big hits....He is a very naturally gifted player, but could improve on his throwing mechanics, although it is not a major problem....There are no physical or athletic limitations to hold Leaf back from becoming a great NFL QB. However, there appears to be some minor nagging questions in the area of maturity and his mental approach to the game. He is perceived as not always an easy guy to work with, and he tends to beat to his own drummer...As good as he is, he can have some streaks on the field where he looks like he has forgotten everything he has been taught...There seems to be a nagging question here that something might be missing, but it may be hard to verbalize it...However, Leaf made all the right moves at the end of his season when he declared for the NFL draft...Unless he turns some teams off in individual interviews between now and the draft, he should have no problems....Nobody will question his physical abilities, and it is not outlandish to think that he could be the first pick of the draft, instead of Peyton Manning....There is a huge upside with Leaf, and it is conceivable that he could be one of the best young QB’s in the game in 2-3 years...His ability to play as physical as he does and take the hits that will obviously come, when playing for a team that obviously doesn’t have a very good OL, will help him get over the tough times as a team builds around him."

I'm not really worried about the QB position. The offensive line will make or break our season end of conversation. I know everyone hates him but I still think if Jay could get a little time he would do fine. He never got time in 2003 because our O-line was an embarrasment.

Phinzone said:
TWICE in recent history, legitimate solidified franchise QB's have been unseated by the great play of lowly QB's. Greene and Bledsoe were given the boot for Warner and Brady.

Green didn't take a single snap at St, Louis before he was injured. How was he a legitimate solidified franchise QB? Bledsoe was unhealthy and realistically only would have started the Super Bowl but Brady was on a great roll in getting them there. Brady played well enough in the playoffs(not just reg. season) so that gave New England more of an indication of what they had. Feeley didn't get a chance to show what he could do in the post season.

History shows, if a backup plays well though, he can certainly unseat a franchise QB.

Again, if Bledsoe was hurt in week 2 and was out until week7, do you htink Brady would have kept the team? Debateable, very debateable. Their situations were different.

This "research' shows, that even though his play was considered by some to be 'excellent" it wasn't good enough to unseat a career #2 QB in detmer, much less even touch an established QB. Had his play TRUELY been as great as some think it was, he would have given Mcnabb a run for his money, or at the very least been named the #2 man going into 03. Neither happened, makes you question if he was really that good.

It is widelt known and accepted that Feeley would have started any game McNabb was injured for, and if you cannot accept that fact I cannot continue this debate.

Boomer said:
This is a dumb article. I have no time for this sort of horse****. You KNOW that Feeley will NEVER get a proper chance at the spot in the eyes of the fans, no matter what he does.

On the contrary, I think many fans are hoping beyond hope that Feeley can at least be a consistent guardian type QB and hopefully better. The only other option is Jay Fiedler leading this team again and there is a good number of fans that would be very depresed with that route being taken.

GO FEELEY!

ckparrothead said:
Muck, sometimes I think we share the same brain.

Coming from someone as intelligent as you, that's a huge compliment.

Thanks. :)

well this guy wasnt totally wrong...i mean yea feeley has a ton of potential...and his 6 TD's and 5 int....thats basically like his rookie start, so he can only get better from those numbers etc right?

but to pay an unproven guy that much money was a bad call...the high draft pick, well thats a toss up

Last edited by a moderator:
EXCELLENT POST SHERIFF !!! This has been my stance since the beginning. All people can do is say "well at least he is not Jay". Or "give him a chance to see what he can do". Well why not take people off the street and see what they can do?? Heck, pay me 18 mil over 5 years, I'll pack a bag tonight. If there is no reason to believe in someone from what he has done then why give up a 2nd round pick and big money for him?? I'm not gonna believe in him until he does something and I really don't see that happening. I hope I am wrong, but there is nothing I have read that makes me the least bit positive that he can beat out Jay.
The thing that kills me is how short everyones memory is when it comes to the QB situ. Two years ago everyone was talking about how Lucas was the man to take over from Jay. He got his chance and fell on his face. Last year it was BG and the result was the same. Now everyone is in love with some 3rd string loser who couldn't make it through a college season without getting hurt, thinking he is gonna come in behind this OL and be the man??? Jay is not great but is a whole heck of a lot better than the guys they have brought in to replace him.
Like him or not Jay is a fighter who doesn't care if the people like him, he tries his best and gives his all to help the team win. I am quite sure if you ask him Jay would admit he does not have the best arm in the league but you show me someone with more heart. Show me someone who has done more with less than what he has had on offense. And what does he get for all his effort?? A bunch of losers who set behind their computers saying what a turd he is. If I was Jay I would hate the dolphins with a passion. I would hate their fans, and hate the fact the front office has waited until now to make any upgrades to the OL.
Having said all of that, I would also like to say I would not be opposed to bringing in a upgrade at QB. But for pete's sake, don't insult Jay by acting as if AJ is a upgrade. What a freaking joke!!! I'm quite sure Jay had a quiet little smile on his face when all off season they are talking about QB upgrade then they bring in this pip squeak. He is thinking, "this is it??" This is the guy I have to beat out?? Give me a break. This will be a peace of cake !!! And he is right, just wait and see.

Trekbiz said:
Yes.... We all know ..... He is a HOF caliber QB crippled by horrid OL and WR play. :roflmao:

Oh if only you were an NFL GM that we could make a trade with...... :lol:

GO AJ FEELEY.... PLEASE!

YEAH Go AJ......go over to the sideline and hold the clipboard for 18 mil over 5 years.

Yeah know, when ya think about it NCFINFAN38 has a great point. I mean, the front office have finally started working on their o-line... Before it was all Ricky... Ricky... Ricky... Now let's face it, the year when Ricky came close to 2000... No one suspected it. BUt now the defenses got our plan to run. And let's face it, we had no O-line... One great receiver by the name of Chris Chambers... And one underrated quarterback, Jay Fielder. That didn't bring open our passing because they had Chamber's covered with their best man, if not two. Now I have no problem with AJ Feeley, he's yet to prove himself, and I'll give him that chance. But Jay is no Dan Marino, there's slim to none who could fill his shoes, and from day one we put pressure on that kid. I mean seriously, we hate him because he's not as great a player as Dan Marino, now who is as good as good ole' Dan? Few. But Dan had some great offensive linemen, Richmond Webb, Keith Sims, to name a few. And some incredible wide receivers... Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, and Irving Fryar, and Oj McDuffie wasn't too bad either. But we had no Running Back, Mark Higgs, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lamar Smith. C'mon, these guys had one to none great season for Miami. Now, we're coming close to having it all, I mean, the Phin's are a great team, just had one missing piece.... And we're coming close to that. So Jay Fielder haters, now it's been said... You holla back and tell me someone who could fill Dan Marino's shoes... for real. Enough said.

NCFINFAN38 said:
But for pete's sake, don't insult Jay by acting as if AJ is a upgrade. What a freaking joke!!! I'm quite sure Jay had a quiet little smile on his face when all off season they are talking about QB upgrade then they bring in this pip squeak. He is thinking, "this is it??" This is the guy I have to beat out?? Give me a break. This will be a peace of cake !!! And he is right, just wait and see.

They haven't thrown one pass in pads and you're already asserting that A.J. isn't an upgrade. Heck, you're even bold enough to predict a "shutout". Fact is, you don't know either way. And you can't dispute that.

jay has had his chance 4 freaking years of nothing but missing at least 5 games in each season and only one playoff win not good enough sorr :fire: y..he is a good back up thats it get over it time to move on look to the future i belive in rs and i belive in aj. aj is going to be worth everything we gave him and maybe more!!!!! p.s. jump on the aj bandwagon now cause later all of you haters will be eating your f@#$&*( words!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, but I dont think anyone can judge Feeley just yet. For the people who said that the Fins were stupid for giving up so much for him, I have a hard time believeing the Fins would just just give up a 2nd rd. pick for Feeley just because Philly asked for it. There had to be negotiations and there had to be other teams also bidding for Feeley. This is still a professional football team that makes money from winning games so Im sure they have good reason to get this guy. People say we shouldve gotten Jeff Garcia yet they forget that Garcia is a guy who couldnt even make an NFL roster out of college let alone be 3rd string. I think the Fins got Feeley to be more like Matt Hasselback then Brady or Delhomme. I really dont even think Delhomme is that great. Brady was just a lucky developmental draft pick. Feeley and Hasselback were both talented QBs who were developed in the pros by great QB coaching. I think Feeley will surprise some people this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom