I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I didn't know much about AJ Feeley until I read this disturbing information

Status
Not open for further replies.
mls737 said:
The story is Feeley was the third string QB last year because NFL rules dictate the third, or "emergency" QB, can only play when the first two get hurt. Koy Detmer was the holder for the eagles special teams last year, and he would not have been able to fufill this role as holder if he was the emergency QB. This story has some holes in it, it would seem like backup QB is a more important position that holder, but it is plausible.
You're right it has some [big] holes in it. i've argued that point til i was blue in the face. if feeley was the better QB, he would've have been the #2. Detmer is not required to occupy a QB spot simply to be the holder.

He looked just fine on Saturday. He's still got some work to do, but nevertheless, I think he's got the talent to grow into a solid QB....

Philly doesn't usually draft bums either. They know how to find solid talent. As a matter of fact, they didn't want to lose Feeley in a trade. He must have something to offer if that's the case...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cpatch:

ok, i have to intervene here. Can some of you posters at least ATTEMPT to use proper punctuation? It's really hard to read without Comma's, and apostrophe's, and in some cases stringing 3 sentences together! sheesh

Thanks rickeyrunsover...I think...if I read that right.

Cut Sherif some slack. I think the people who are avid AJ fans read it all a little wrong. I mean, I hope things happen and AJ is everything we want. I really do.

But every day you see this board opverrun with posts about how "AJ is the man" and they are based on absolutely nothing. I mean nothing. No history... nothing. I think if you read the original post, Sherif is just syaing "hey I am worried about this decision".

Although it is a tired argument ( I know because I have worn it out) he is allowed to weigh in too. We have to admitt it. If AJ flops we are in deep doo-doo. It s a huge gamble.

This will continue to be a hot topic until he lines up and proves what he's got.

I think it's more a case of "we're tired of Feidler" than "Feeley is the man". At least that's what I've seen. Hardly "overrun".

Also, this was something that was relayed.....from February 26th. Not Sherif's words. But I see what you're saying.

Anyway, when some guy claims that Rick's QB research consisted of no more than comparing stats from six games, it's really hard to take him seriously or respect his words.

guys don't get me wrong i kinda like fiedler but im just not convinced he is going to take us where we wanna go.he is a good qb not great i guess watching marino for so many years i was spoiled.i rather have a young guy with a strong arm and potential than a average qb who is injury prone im sorry thats just my opinon.i just belive that rick knows what he is doing and he would not put the team in jeoperdy if he didn't see something special in aj.i know a few philly fans here in tampa and they all had nothing but good things to say about aj.i remember watching that philly tampa game a couple of years ago when aj was playing cause donavan was hurt and he came to tampa and played a heck of a game against tampa a very good defensive team.philly was down by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and aj was getting nailed bloody and all and led philly on a great comeback and they won. this guy has great potential great arm great acc. and a great 4th quater rating and some people say he was better than harrington in college and we all know harrington is a pretty darn good qb. i support aj all the way and i hope he is the future of this franchise and he is also a great person.he was a fan faviorte in philly he just needs his chance just like brady had when bledsoe got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom