I dont want cutler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont want cutler

Elle Clouds

Active Roster
Reaction score
This guy is another overhyped alex smith type character.. he is climbing up to many draft boards and i personally dont see anything special about him...he didnt impress in the senior bowl ..if we trade up for anyone, it better be young..

Elle Clouds said:
This guy is another overhyped alex smith type character.. he is climbing up to many draft boards and i personally dont see anything special about him...he didnt impress in the senior bowl ..if we trade up for anyone, it better be young..
I'm not sure if you're talking about playing style or hype, but Smith is completely different from Cutler in both ways. Smith has a more mobile throwing style, and was taken 1st because of an undefeated record and a spread offense that padded his stats. Cutler is less mobile and more of a gunslinger, and he is shooting up the boards because of how much he accomplished with so little talent around him. Keep in mind that Smith can't be considered a bust because of one bad half-season. As for the last point, I trust Saban and would be happy with Young or Cutler.

Cutler has potential. If he does fall to us at 16 it would be a very smart pick. He has all the tools, with alittle bit of work, and with the O we have around him, he could do very well. I would be pumped to see him in a phin uni

Elle Clouds said:
i personally dont see anything special about him...he didnt impress in the senior bowl
he doesn't impress you because the only thing you've seen with him in it was the senior bowl.

Elle Clouds said:

Which is all you've obviously seen of him.

senior bowl

guys, the senior bowl means nothing. a couple of years ago carson palmer went 1 for 7 in the game. then a couple of months later, no 1 in the draft. the people who dont want cutler probably thought palmer sucked too.

Elle Clouds said:

I'm willing to bet that is the ONLY thing you know about Cutler as well. :shakeno:

I'm not in the know enough to make a solid assessment.
There are scouts and analysts that break down tons of game film to really analyze a player.

His form, his tendencies, his ability to read defenses, how quickly he can make decisions, strength arm, types of throws he's good and bad at, etc., the list goes on.

Seeing the above, how on earth do YOU think you know whether Cutler is in fact overrated and that he'll be a flop in the NFL? How?

Fact is you don't!

I'll be excited if we draft Cutler because that means that Saban sees something in the kid that tells him he's going to be good. That endorsement will be enough for me.

If we don't draft Cutler I'll be fine with that as well because that means Saban didn't Cutler's potential was worth the draft position.

To say you know Cutler is a bust and Young is going to be the superstar is rediculous...... but what else would I expect to see around here?

Elle Clouds said:
I don't know that he is deserving of some of this top 5 talk he is getting, but he is in no way another "overhyped Alex Smith type character." In fact he is pretty much the opposite and if you watched the guy play in just more than the Senior Bowl you might see that. Alex Smith was very successful in college, but didn't really have great measurables. He rose up the draft board in a weak draft with even weaker QB's. Cutler wasn't very successful in college, but has all of the measurables. He is rising up the boards in a very strong draft.

well lets just leave it at this.. i dont want to move up to draft him.. if he falls to us, take him and hope he pans out..me stating that i dont like him is just as absurd as you guys claiming he is the 2nd coming of christ.. so as of now, we dont know how he will perform.. he might be brett favre or the next ryan leaf.. we dont know

the argument that he has had mediocre talent around him holds no weight with me... yes, if he came to the dolphins, he would have better players around him, but will also be playing better defenders..we all saw what vince young could do ..he single handedly (not literal) shredded the trojans..running, passing, diving, jumping, scoring.. so as i stated before, if we were to move up, it better be for someone worth it, not overhyped potential

Cutler is the type of QB we need here. Young is good and very talented, But I think he will be the one QB who will have to change his style more than anyone. In the pros, when the play breaks down, he wont be able to run for 50yds, he'll get crushed. I think he is very athletic, trust me, But the way he plays right now wont last long. With a little bit of work on our line in FA and in the draft, Cutler would have a good line in front of him, a great RB behind him, and Chambers Booker and McMichael, he will have alot of options around him. Just think what he will be able to do

Well, I'm glad it's not up to you...it's up to Saban. Saban and Mueller must like him to some extent because of the time they put in watching him during Senior bowl practices. Would I trade up to get him? Probably not...depending on the price. I think however, he's going to be the real deal...IMO.

There are so many holes in this post, I don't know where to begin.
Elle Clouds said:
well lets just leave it at this.. i dont want to move up to draft him.. if he falls to us, take him and hope he pans out..me stating that i dont like him is just as absurd as you guys claiming he is the 2nd coming of christ WHAT????.. so as of now, we dont know how he will perform.. he might be brett favre or the next ryan leaf.. we dont know We don't know that about ANY player in the draft!

the argument that he has had mediocre talent around him holds no weight with me... yes, if he came to the dolphins, he would have better players around him, but will also be playing better defenders..we all saw what vince young could do Same difference, he'll be playing against much better defenses as well ..he single handedly (not literal) shredded the trojans Big bad 39th ranked defense ..running, passing, diving, jumping, scoring.. so as i stated before, if we were to move up, it better be for someone worth it, not overhyped potential

Are you serious??? I am a Georgia Bulldog, and I had the opportunity to watch Jay Cutler's entire career at Vandy. The guy is the real deal. Leinart has a higher chance of being a bust than this guy that's for sure. If Cutler's footwork gets improved (which it can through coaching) and he gets coached up mentally, this guy can be special. Why are people picking the Senior Bowl as their sole basis of evaluating Cutler's game? How about the game against the Gators on ESPN in the Swamp? How about him leading his team to beat Tennessee? The truth is that if Cutler had the talent surrounding at USC or heck even Georgia, this thread wouldn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom